Page 50 of 541 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 60 100 150 ... LastLast
    Toshiro Mifune is a total bro.

My favourite Kurosawa films are Seven Samurai, Ran, Dersu Uzala and Ikiru. The latter two aren't Jidaigeki, but Ran is a adaptation of King Lear set in Feudal Japan. It can be described quite simply as... BADASS. Check out this motherfucking battle scene, 1:27 onwards especially. Most epic use of music in a film ever, and I mean "epic" in the literal sense, not as internet slang. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qZfpKQ-1fg

Another recommended samurai movie is Masaki Kobayashi's "Seppuku": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aef7kkJQO-s

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Toshiro Mifune is a total bro.

My favourite Kurosawa films are Seven Samurai, Ran, Dersu Uzala and Ikiru. The latter two aren't Jidaigeki, but Ran is a adaptation of King Lear set in Feudal Japan. It can be described quite simply as... BADASS. Check out this motherfucking battle scene, 1:27 onwards especially. Most epic use of music in a film ever, and I mean "epic" in the literal sense, not as internet slang. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qZfpKQ-1fg

Another recommended samurai movie is Masaki Kobayashi's "Seppuku": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aef7kkJQO-s

I own Ran i brought it th over day on an Amazon Sellers rampage i had lol.

I own alot of his films but not seen alot of them yet.

I think the most epic use of music ever comes from this film here. My fav scene ever in a film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ZHP10__Co&feature=related

- Eve's arse atleast now we can look forward to Divas matches.
    Even Maryse cant resist watching her shake her arse

Quote Originally Posted by Eve's Arse No.1 View Post
    The Ward 7/10 - Couldnt fall asleep so decided to watch the latest John Carpenter film. Im a fan of his so my review may be a bit one sided. Its a very decent horror film set in a psyche ward where girls who are sent home are never heard from again.

Its a decent enough ghost horror film and it isnt gory so its more about making you jump and making you think. This is a good modern day western horror but i always like the typical hospital/ward feel to a horror film as i find it to be very creepy.

The character is a typical psychological horror movie chick not exactly all there but theres enough still left to discover something isnt quite right.

Maybe not the scariest but its well acted for a horror film and the plot isnt the best in the world. But for a recent horror film its worth a watch.

I dont want to spoil it but worth watching

This is literally the only positive review I've seen in regards to this movie (and I've read a bunch), but I think my love for John Carpenter is going to force me into checking it out, possibly this evening. I can't remember the last time he made something that didn't leave me all kinds of disappointed- though I do remember liking his Masters of Horror episode, "Cigarette Burns"- so I'm sincerely hoping this bucks the trend.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    This is literally the only positive review I've seen in regards to this movie (and I've read a bunch), but I think my love for John Carpenter is going to force me into checking it out, possibly this evening. I can't remember the last time he made something that didn't leave me all kinds of disappointed- though I do remember liking his Masters of Horror episode, "Cigarette Burns"- so I'm sincerely hoping this bucks the trend.
    Thats the problem i had watching it as i mentioned im a huge John Carpenter fan so im positive about all his films i even liked ghosts of mars

Plus i like the whole asylum hospital ghost thing.

Blog Entries
    Watched "Red Cliff", both parts equalling abour 4-5 hours. Its based on the three kingdoms era of Chinese history, and is enjoyable enough, if not a bit too drawn out in some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Watched "Red Cliff", both parts equalling abour 4-5 hours. Its based on the three kingdoms era of Chinese history, and is enjoyable enough, if not a bit too drawn out in some parts.
    LOVE THAT FILM EXCELLENT

Well there were 2 copies made there is a western one where it was shortened and the real version which is 2 films long. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. But i love that area of history and whenever a film stars the gorgeous Zhao Wei (Vicki Zhao) its a good film lol.

Blog Entries
    LOVE THAT FILM EXCELLENT

Well there were 2 copies made there is a western one where it was shortened and the real version which is 2 films long. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. But i love that area of history and whenever a film stars the gorgeous Zhao Wei (Vicki Zhao) its a good film lol.
    Yeah I bought the extended Blu-Ray with both parts to it. Theres another film just come out based on Guan Yu, a chracter from that period and movie.

Yeah I bought the extended Blu-Ray with both parts to it. Theres another film just come out based on Guan Yu, a chracter from that period and movie.
    Yeah The Lost Bladesmen staring Donnie Yen very mixed reviews for that one though but i will more then likely by it.

Theres another one but cant remember what its called but Maggie Q is in it. Its about the last days of Zhao Yun(i think thats him the one who saved Liu Beis baby.)

Blog Entries
    Yeah The Lost Bladesmen staring Donnie Yen very mixed reviews for that one though but i will more then likely by it.

Theres another one but cant remember what its called but Maggie Q is in it. Its about the last days of Zhao Yun(i think thats him the one who saved Liu Beis baby.)
    Ressurection of the Dragon. Yeah it has Sammo Hung and Andy Lau as well as the sexy Maggie Q. If you like Red Cliff you will most likely like this to, even if it is only 98 minutes long.

Ressurection of the Dragon. Yeah it has Sammo Hung and Andy Lau as well as the sexy Maggie Q. If you like Red Cliff you will most likely like this to, even if it is only 98 minutes long.
    Ive got it on Bluray seen it a few times. I try to watch as many eastern foreign films as possible.