Page 433 of 541 FirstFirst ... 333 383 423431432433434435 443 483 533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 5403
  1. #4321
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    That you meant The Reaping instead of The Reckoning is even more perplexing considering that was one of the worst-received movies of its respective year.

    Sad I know. The movie was on the mind as when I was writing my reply to akkie, it jumped to the front of my mind as I was purely thinking of shitty horror films centered around demonic/satanic premise for the film. I won't spoil the movie for akkie, but I have heard the story about this selected haunting they are focusing on from Harrisville. The actual story (and from what I understand they are using as the direction for the films evil one) has the "tormenter" being one who was making sacrifices for Satan, which was a theme echoed in Reaping, hence why it shot to mind. Reaping was doomed from the moment they listed Swank as the lead, but it was the film my wife and I went to on our first date (her choice) so I unfortunately know the details of that movie. As stated, I was trying to reference Sinister, yet botched it like a Brad Maddox promo.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  2. #4322
    Also, I'd just like to add that Drag Me To Hell was one of the greatest theater viewing experiences I've ever had. Awesome, awesome time.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  3. #4323
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Also, I'd just like to add that Drag Me To Hell was one of the greatest theater viewing experiences I've ever had. Awesome, awesome time.

    Was that due to quality of movie or the experience of who you attended the film with (and the herbally medicated state of mind you were in)?


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #4324
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Was that due to quality of movie or the experience of who you attended the film with (and the herbally medicated state of mind you were in)?
    With combination of all 3 of what you just said, watching The Evil Dead couple months back was one of my favourite cinema experiences.

  5. #4325
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Was that due to quality of movie or the experience of who you attended the film with (and the herbally medicated state of mind you were in)?
    It was a combination of both the film and the theater-going audience. And I was completely sober when I saw it.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  6. #4326
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    It was a combination of both the film and the theater-going audience. And I was completely sober when I saw it.

    Interesting. I can't say much positive towards the film as the most frightening aspects are rooted in the actual story related to the "occult" or "demonic" realm while I thought the film had no scare factor to it. However I can reflect fondly upon one of my favorite movie going experiences.


    While flying at my expected altitude, I watched the movie Signs on opening day with my mom at her request (she loves her some Mel). The part when Gibson takes the knife to see under the door, followed by the hand coming out resulted in everyone in the theater jumping while I laughed rather loudly at the mass who were just startled. Later in the film, I was coming down and had become very involved with the film. So much so that when Rory Culkin was standing next to the coal shoot and the alien hand dropped over his face, my solitary self jumped, screamed, and managed to flip backwards over my chair. I received a round of laughter and applause from everyone in the theater as this was their "payback" for me having laughed at their misfortune earlier in the film. It is one of my fond memories with my mother and she is swift to mention that she is reluctant to attend a film with someone who was scared in the movie Signs every time I ask her to watch a scary movie with me.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #4327
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    With combination of all 3 of what you just said, watching The Evil Dead couple months back was one of my favourite cinema experiences.
    Was that a good one? I haven't heard much of the 2013 version but have seen the 80s film. I do not know if they are tied together outside of title alone.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #4328
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Was that a good one? I haven't heard much of the 2013 version but have seen the 80s film. I do not know if they are tied together outside of title alone.
    I think it's an exact remake of the 80's one.

  9. #4329
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Interesting. I can't say much positive towards the film as the most frightening aspects are rooted in the actual story related to the "occult" or "demonic" realm while I thought the film had no scare factor to it. However I can reflect fondly upon one of my favorite movie going experiences.


    While flying at my expected altitude, I watched the movie Signs on opening day with my mom at her request (she loves her some Mel). The part when Gibson takes the knife to see under the door, followed by the hand coming out resulted in everyone in the theater jumping while I laughed rather loudly at the mass who were just startled. Later in the film, I was coming down and had become very involved with the film. So much so that when Rory Culkin was standing next to the coal shoot and the alien hand dropped over his face, my solitary self jumped, screamed, and managed to flip backwards over my chair. I received a round of laughter and applause from everyone in the theater as this was their "payback" for me having laughed at their misfortune earlier in the film. It is one of my fond memories with my mother and she is swift to mention that she is reluctant to attend a film with someone who was scared in the movie Signs every time I ask her to watch a scary movie with me.
    Ugh. Signs.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  10. #4330
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I think it's an exact remake of the 80's one.
    There wasn't anyone addicted to opiates in the original, so they took some liberties and tinkered with the property a bit. I thought that angle added a nice layer of subtext, though.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.