Page 431 of 531 FirstFirst ... 331 381 421429430431432433 441 481 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 5307
  1. #4301
    Again, I'm like the biggest Refn fan here, and the idea of him directing a Terminator movie is just so hilariously awful and misguided.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  2. #4302
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,795
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Again, I'm like the biggest Refn fan here, and the idea of him directing a Terminator movie is just so hilariously awful and misguided.
    I just can't see him in that big of a project for a franchise. It could be good but Justin Lin dropped out for something else (I hope it wasn't that Highlander remake) and I don't know what Cameron's status is for the film.
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  3. #4303
    Cameron's got, like, the next decade of his life already promised to the next two Avatar movies, so I'd say it's pretty safe to rule him out.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  4. #4304
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,532
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    From googling all the big words, I thinkkk that last bit is saying Only God Forgives could be seen as a in depth study in to manhood covered in sparkles and glitter but it just falls short of it's goals. I think

    Also 'Oedipal Complex'? fuck me you learn something new everyday. lol
    Please tell me that you were unaware of the Oedipal Complex in this rather than not knowing the meaning. Don't they teach anything in schools anymore?

    I await the day when they teach Harry Potter instead of Shakespeare, so as not to overstretch the kiddies fragile little minds!

  5. #4305
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,242
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Please tell me that you were unaware of the Oedipal Complex in this rather than not knowing the meaning. Don't they teach anything in schools anymore?

    I await the day when they teach Harry Potter instead of Shakespeare, so as not to overstretch the kiddies fragile little minds!
    Before you begin the whole generation talk, I knew the idea of it, just never knew the terminology and study behind it.

    Damn I wish they would've taught me Harry Potter in school, reading Hamlet was a confusing time in my life.

  6. #4306
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,242
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Before you begin the whole generation talk, I knew the idea of it, just never knew the terminology and study behind it.

    Damn I wish they would've taught me Harry Potter in school, reading Hamlet was a confusing time in my life.

    Silly me it was Macbeth that I read, not Hamlet. Lol

    The whole 'Is this a dagger' and shit.

  7. #4307
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I await the day when they teach Harry Potter instead of Shakespeare, so as not to overstretch the kiddies fragile little minds!

    With a saddened heart, I must say that we are closer to this being an actual reality as opposed to an off the cuff remark made in comical fashion. They are dumbing down the institution of education (seen in virtually all schools here in the states) as a sacrifice to make sure the feelings of kids are not hurt, as well as to secure a higher grade point average for students in order to receive government grants to make renovations to schools. That, mixed with an unhealthy amount of the "go watch TV" attitude from parents have left the majority of children unable to become emotionally secure (even when they lose/fail at something) as well as strip away the craving of knowledge and understanding that we once strived for in the educational systems...


    Let me step down from my soapbox now.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #4308
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,242
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Where are you getting stuff about sparkles and glitter out of anything I posted?
    Neon... Composition.

  9. #4309
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    With a saddened heart, I must say that we are closer to this being an actual reality as opposed to an off the cuff remark made in comical fashion. They are dumbing down the institution of education (seen in virtually all schools here in the states) as a sacrifice to make sure the feelings of kids are not hurt, as well as to secure a higher grade point average for students in order to receive government grants to make renovations to schools. That, mixed with an unhealthy amount of the "go watch TV" attitude from parents have left the majority of children unable to become emotionally secure (even when they lose/fail at something) as well as strip away the craving of knowledge and understanding that we once strived for in the educational systems...


    Let me step down from my soapbox now.
    Yeah that's happening this side of the pond too, even more so since they introduced league tables for schools. How is coaching students through the exams to the extent of practically giving them the answers ever going to help them learn?

    Exam results have been improving year on year in this country for about 20 years now, yet more and more leave school without basic reading and writing skills, how the hell does that work?

  10. #4310
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Yeah that's happening this side of the pond too, even more so since they introduced league tables for schools. How is coaching students through the exams to the extent of practically giving them the answers ever going to help them learn?

    Exam results have been improving year on year in this country for about 20 years now, yet more and more leave school without basic reading and writing skills, how the hell does that work?

    It sets me back a bit as well since they are basically trading one issue for the next.

    "Are kids won't work on their school work, so we'll just give them all the answers and make sure they pass."

    5 years later...

    "I can't find any employees who actually work; how about we create a government program to make sure someone pays for their lack of effort."


    Perhaps I can be viewed as someone who is too harsh and doesn't express enough compassion for his fellow man (which is a crock of shit; I'm willing to help those in need so long as they are actually working to improve their position in life) in many regards. I have grown weary of this idea that by enabling someone you are somehow "helping" them to become a better person; another crock of shit. The educational system has become just as much with ideas such as "no child left behind". By conditioning a child to "never fail" you are never allowing them to expierence a sour taste such as failure nor are you giving them the chance to truly experience a motivating factor that is success. I'm sorry, but I tell my eldest son that if he doesn't put in the work, he'll fail his classes and I have had no issue expressing this to his teachers. If he wants to be lazy then so be it, but he isn't going to be lazy and not understand the consequences that follow the grasshopper syndrome.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.