Page 385 of 541 FirstFirst ... 285 335 375383384385386387 395 435 485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 5403
  1. #3841
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    How do you get a tie at the Oscars?
    Equal number of votes.

  2. #3842
    The Oscars are shit. I thought some of the stuff MacFarlene did was alright, he was like Ricky Gervais-lite.

    How can you give best picture to a film where the man responsible for making the film wasn't even nominated for best director by you? How can I believe you that it was the BEST PICTURE released last year now? Oh science. It highlights even more the lack of legitimacy. I think I've only seen like 3 of all the films nomintated, so I guess I don't have much to stand on.

    I'll tell you what, though, great night for middle-aged gentlemen rocking the long light-coloured flowing hair style. Rock on dudes. Rock the fuck on.

  3. #3843
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Ang Lee winning best director was a surprise but when you actually think about it, you realise how much of an directorial achievement that film was.
    The awards were really divided up this year as were the categories, I was surprised Jessica Chastin didn't take Best Actress and I thought Lee was the first Asian to win a directing Oscar this year but it turned out he already won one a few years back with Brokeback Mountain.
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  4. #3844
    Super Member clrj3514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,470
    I just watched L.A. Confidential. I figured it would be good with Crowe & Spacey but it was even better than I expected. Really good flick!
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

    "The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA


  5. #3845
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,376
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    I just watched L.A. Confidential. I figured it would be good with Crowe & Spacey but it was even better than I expected. Really good flick!
    Yeah everyone brings their A game in that one.

  6. #3846
    Super Member clrj3514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Yeah everyone brings their A game in that one.
    I didn't realize Guy Pearce was in it until I started watching it. Between this movie, Memento, and Lawless he's somebody I definitely don't mind seeing in a movie.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

    "The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA


  7. #3847
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,376
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    I didn't realize Guy Pearce was in it until I started watching it. Between this movie, Memento, and Lawless he's somebody I definitely don't mind seeing in a movie.
    He's a great actor no doubt.

  8. #3848
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    The awards were really divided up this year as were the categories, I was surprised Jessica Chastin didn't take Best Actress and I thought Lee was the first Asian to win a directing Oscar this year but it turned out he already won one a few years back with Brokeback Mountain.
    Yeah I thought Jessica Chastain deserved it more than Jennifer Lawrence and Lee is a really good director, I forget he made the amazing Crouching tiger hidden dragon.

  9. #3849
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Yeah I thought Jessica Chastain deserved it more than Jennifer Lawrence and Lee is a really good director, I forget he made the amazing Crouching tiger hidden dragon.
    No more trailers akkie?




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  10. #3850
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    No more trailers akkie?
    Nothings really caught my eye in a while,

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.