Page 374 of 541 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364372373374375376 384 424 474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 5402
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    No we compromised. Gonna see all 3 she made me sit through 5 twilight movies once, so 3 in 1 day wont be bad. The plan is,

Movie
    Lunch
    Movie
    Shopping
    Dinner
    Movie

5 Twilight movies in one day? Ouch! You're a trooper!
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    Superman as everyone

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Superman as everyone

What, no Cena?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

It's funny. In the space of a week I had watched three completely different filmed productions all centred around the ideas of seccular cult-ish retreats. All of differing interpretions,all with differing results.

Martha Marcy May Marlene, was a slightly chilling psycholgical thriller. I liked the order of progress in which the film took, the setting; and whilst the environment is predominantly bright summery weather, this works to somewhat highlight, even more, the dark nature, and consequences, of the events and seclusion. The progression of the increasing paranoia and psychological damage of Martha is slowly revealed, along with the severity of what occurred during her time "away"; which was felt greatly, in thanks, to the performance of Elizabeth Olsen. John Hawkes is, again, completely believable in his role, but the centre lead female Olsen was a standout; much like Jennifer Lawrence in Winter's Bone, (which Hawkes also starred in). I'm not too sure, but it seems as if this was overlooked for the "major"() Awards chat at the time, but, I don't think those involved would worry too much about that.

Oh, the other two were Psych season 6, Episode 8: "The Tao of Gus"; and the Paul Rudd, Jennifer Anniston movie, Wanderlust. Take from that what you will.

Watched 2 movies tonight.

The Other Guys
    Brilliant comedy film. Say what you like about Mark Wahlberg, but him and Will Ferrell are great in this film. It's definitely one of my favorite comedy/action films, and a very close second to Rush Hour as my favorite buddy cop film.

Django Unchained
    Watched this again (found a fantastic stream to it online).
    Fantastic film albeit a tad too long. I'm getting more and more convinced that this is better than Pulp Fiction as Tarantino's best work yet.

Blog Entries
    Zero Dark Thirty lived up to the hype for me, great thriller if anything. The torture scene were brutal but don't really see what all the controversy is about, it doesn't support it if it's just showing what really happened. The final part of the film where it shows them actually finding and killing Bin Laden is awesomely made, really is. No background music made it even more tense, I was gripped through out. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Watched 2 movies tonight.

The Other Guys
    Brilliant comedy film. Say what you like about Mark Wahlberg, but him and Will Ferrell are great in this film. It's definitely one of my favorite comedy/action films, and a very close second to Rush Hour as my favorite buddy cop film.

Django Unchained
    Watched this again (found a fantastic stream to it online).
    Fantastic film albeit a tad too long. I'm getting more and more convinced that this is better than Pulp Fiction as Tarantino's best work yet.
    I love The Other Guys! It's one of those movies I can't refuse to watch.

On another note: I just watched Lars and the Real Girl. It was a pretty interesting film & definitely interesting to see Ryan Gosling in this role. Honestly I was laughing for most of the movie but it was pretty sad as well. 4/5 probably
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW

Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    On another note: I just watched Lars and the Real Girl. It was a pretty interesting film & definitely interesting to see Ryan Gosling in this role. Honestly I was laughing for most of the movie but it was pretty sad as well. 4/5 probably
    A serious movie about a guy dating a Real Doll probably shouldn't work, but they really pulled it off with Lars. Strong direction, an excellent cast, and lots of genuine heart made it one of 2007's biggest surprises.

I think Ryan Gosling is probably the best young actor working today. In addition to being deceptively talented, he hasn't sold out by fronting big summer tent-pole flicks or going the rom-com with Kate Hudson route. While not all of his movies are a success, he continues to associate himself with interesting projects.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    A serious movie about a guy dating a Real Doll probably shouldn't work, but they really pulled it off with Lars. Strong direction, an excellent cast, and lots of genuine heart made it one of 2007's biggest surprises.

I think Ryan Gosling is probably the best young actor working today. In addition to being deceptively talented, he hasn't sold out by fronting big summer tent-pole flicks or going the rom-com with Kate Hudson route. While not all of his movies are a success, he continues to associate himself with interesting projects.
    Yea, I've liked Gosling in everything I've seen him in (Half Nelson, Fracture, Lars and the Real Girl, Drive, Crazy Stupid Love, & The Ides of March). He's yet to disappoint & the main reason I want to see Gangster Squad.
    Last edited by clrj3514; 02-09-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW

Blog Entries
    Peep World - off beat little story about a pretty fucked up family who seem to insist on or can't help being around each other all the time. A solid cast that includes Rainn Wilson, Michael C Hall, Sarah Silverman and a personal favourite of mine, Stephen Tobolowsky. Watchable, enjoyable but ultimately unsatisfying - if that's what you go after in a movie. Fortunately, for me, it's not. 7.5/10

Killer Joe - easily already my favourite Matthew McConaughey role up until this point. The dark tones of this movie were offset by the wacky stupidity of Emile Hirsch's character and the dumb yet likeably loyal Thomas Hayden Church and I found the roles by both McConaughey and Juno Temple both disturbing and endearing simultaneously. 9/10

Argo - intense, serious and downright captivating - as long as your mind is not given to wandering when there is no car crashes and explosions to keep your attention. The story, if true as is claimed, is about a brash attempt to rescue American diplomats in Iran in 1980 with an idea nothing short of gobsmacking. Everything was solid about this movie - 9.5/10