Page 365 of 531 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355363364365366367 375 415 465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 5303
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, makes sense now. Thanks.

I think Abrams is the correct and logical choice. He will hold the integrity of the franchise plus bring new perspective to the table. At this point I think even a mediocre attempt from him would be leaps and bounds above the last three Lucas films.

If they can find a story that touches on the old and introduces expansive new things this will be a huge success. They really need to tone down the visuals, focus more on character development, and introduce new variables to the star wars universe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I watched Killer Elite last night. It was....below average. De Niro and Statham are as reliable as ever but holy shit, the Australians really let the side down with some appalling accents. Ben Mendohlson was good in his small role. I will probably watch Killing Them Softly to review his performance in that today. Killer Elite - 4.5/10
    I don't know if you've seen Killing them softly yet but him and Scoot McNairy are just brilliant in that film.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I think Abrams is the correct and logical choice. He will hold the integrity of the franchise plus bring new perspective to the table. At this point I think even a mediocre attempt from him would be leaps and bounds above the last three Lucas films.

If they can find a story that touches on the old and introduces expansive new things this will be a huge success. They really need to tone down the visuals, focus more on character development, and introduce new variables to the star wars universe.
    It's not much of a stretch to make better movies than Lucas. He is nothing short of shocking.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's not much of a stretch to make better movies than Lucas. He is nothing short of shocking.
    Now I remember Redtails . Thanks a lot
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Now I remember Redtails . Thanks a lot
    I'm not referring to simply anything his production company released, although that does look pretty bad. I was talking about movies he helmed. The original Star Wars was successful in spite of him. A fluke.

Gaurenteed it will be George Lucas making Star Wars VII VIII and IX. There's no way, he won't have the last word on the creative direction of those movies. To give up his baby, his lifes work just like that? Are you kidding me? The sale of Lucasfilm, and new director for the new sequel trilogy? All a clever ruse to take the heat and inevitable fan backlash off of himself when he gets around to making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Gaurenteed it will be George Lucas making Star Wars VII VIII and IX. There's no way, he won't have the last word on the creative direction of those movies. To give up his baby, his lifes work just like that? Are you kidding me? The sale of Lucasfilm, and new director for the new sequel trilogy? All a clever ruse to take the heat and inevitable fan backlash off of himself when he gets around to making them.
    I'm OK with Lucas being a soundboard for the Creative direction. I can't picture it any other way.

The Star Trek movie that Abrams directed was pretty tits.

So personally, I don't see a reason for me to be anything less than optimistic.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not referring to simply anything his production company released, although that does look pretty bad. I was talking about movies he helmed. The original Star Wars was successful in spite of him. A fluke.
    He produced it and it is the movie he wanted to make since the 90s, good enough reason to blame him
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Just watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High. It wasn't anything special but still pretty entertaining.

Awesome! Totally Awesome! Alright Hamilton!
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA