Page 354 of 529 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344352353354355356 364 404 454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 5288
  1. #3531
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Only the ones that come on TMC and AMC. Outside of that box, I am a bit more Alicia Silverstone on the topic.
    Well i made a big list with movies of that time to watch and i'm not sure if i'm missing some good movies that deserve to watch




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  2. #3532
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,092
    Blog Entries
    5
    Kirk Douglas was originally cast as Col. Trautman in First Blood? That would have been cool, Crenna was alright though.


  3. #3533
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Well, I'll speak for myself and admit, I can never see anything but Owen Wilson in his roles. Which is ok for certain ones, will have to give BEL a watch......if it comes on TV. But sorry Maggs, I'm not about to subject myself to pus like Anaconda or Armageddon
    He's fantastic as Dignan in Bottle Rocket, which is the role that put him on the map (and is incidentally one of my all-time favorite movies). Shame he's never really lived up to the promise he showed in that movie.

    His turn as a serial killer in Minus Man was good stuff, too, though it's admittedly not a great film. Still worth a watch at him doing something different, though.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  4. #3534
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,092
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    He's fantastic as Dignan in Bottle Rocket, which is the role that put him on the map (and is incidentally one of my all-time favorite movies). Shame he's never really lived up to the promise he showed in that movie.

    His turn as a serial killer in Minus Man was good stuff, too, though it's admittedly not a great film. Still worth a watch at him doing something different, though.
    I have Bottle Rocket on my hard drive but the sound is shocking. I've been planning on watching it when I'm alone in the house, which is like, never!

    I really liked the Luke Wilson movie Henry Poole Is Here. One of those quaint, understated films that gave both Wilson and Radha Mitchell the opportunity for a couple of solid, heartfelt performances. God I sound like a critic! George Lopez was actually pretty cool here too.

    Edit: Luke Wilson was in 3:10 To Yuma? I'm going to have to watch that again...


  5. #3535
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,092
    Blog Entries
    5
    I will say I rather enjoyed Owen in The Big Year. But then, I like those kinds of movies


  6. #3536
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Please point out to me where Owen Wilson played anything but Owen Wilson. From Wes Anderson movies to Drillbit Taylor to The Darjeeling Limited, he's always the same to me. Not that I don't find him entertaining to a degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    He's fantastic as Dignan in Bottle Rocket, which is the role that put him on the map (and is incidentally one of my all-time favorite movies). Shame he's never really lived up to the promise he showed in that movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I have Bottle Rocket on my hard drive but the sound is shocking. I've been planning on watching it when I'm alone in the house, which is like, never!
    I thought this disqualified Bottle Rocket from the conversation...


    Also, as Ape stated, if you haven't seen Bottle Rocket then you haven't seen Owen's best work. Break down and buy the movie because it's for sure worth owning (and I hear DVDs have better audio than movies from Pirates Bay )


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #3537
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,092
    Blog Entries
    5
    *ahem* You're suffering from that "excited brain/dumb fingers" thing again DRG. Go back and read that again. It was I, not Ape who hadn't seen Bottle Rocket. Also, simply because I mentioned Wes Anderson movies as a whole doesn't mean they should all be taken as a body of work - or indeed that I'd seen them all. Or all Owen Wilson movies even.


  8. #3538

  9. #3539
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I thought this disqualified Bottle Rocket from the conversation...


    Also, as Ape stated, if you haven't seen Bottle Rocket then you haven't seen Owen's best work. Break down and buy the movie because it's for sure worth owning (and I hear DVDs have better audio than movies from Pirates Bay )
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    *ahem* You're suffering from that "excited brain/dumb fingers" thing again DRG. Go back and read that again. It was I, not Ape who hadn't seen Bottle Rocket. Also, simply because I mentioned Wes Anderson movies as a whole doesn't mean they should all be taken as a body of work - or indeed that I'd seen them all. Or all Owen Wilson movies even.

    It's a chronic illness; I think I need Adderall to control it.


    I replied "as Ape stated" in reply to your comment, meaning that Ape confirmed Dignan as a non-typical role for Wilson (which is outside the norm because he broke his type cast before he nestled into his typecasted character role) - implying that he had seen the movie. I commented on you getting the DVD because the version you have on your hard drive is jacked. I fail to see how I implied that Ape hadn't seen the movie but I took your inclusion of Wes Anderson films as an implication of having seen the film he got his start with; for this, I do apologize for my assumption.



    I am not suggesting that your comment means that all Wes Anderson movies are a total lump sum, but you stated in your point that “Wes Anderson movies to Drill bit... Owen was the same.” As stated before, I assumed you would have seen one of the movies that Anderson is the most known for (second to Rushmore of course). Assumptions are deadly, yet from the information presented, I deduced that you would have seen the majority of Wes Anderson’s better known works before including Owen as being “typical” in Anderson’s films.


    Typical me; throwing out a backwards justification for myself Or is this better suited as a more in-depth explanation to my thoughts, which is indeed, typical me


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #3540
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,092
    Blog Entries
    5
    Damn....I can't be wrong.....must be edited!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.