Page 324 of 529 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314322323324325326 334 374 424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 5288
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You spend about 6 hours a day watching movies?! Don't you go to school/college/university/have a job?!
    I have a job work 8 hours every day not Saturdays or Sundays.Sometimes i work in the weekend too.But since my military obligation ended i got used to sleep only 3 or 4 hours every day

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    I just read the Golden Globes nominees no surprises
    No surprises?

- No Best Picture nomination for The Master or The Dark Knight Rises
    - No directing nomination for Tom Hooper, even though Les Miz is one of the best received movies of the year
    - Anthony Hopkins got shut out for Hitchcock despite it being the sort of thing the Globes usually eat right up
    - Quvenzhane Wallis didn't get recognized for her brilliant work in Beasts of the Southern Wild
    - Nicole Kidman did get nominated for The Paperboy (WTF?)
    - Game of Thrones didn't get a single nomination for anything (Dinklage won a Globe last year)

And this is just the stuff off the top of my head.

None of this is really worth caring about (both the Globes and the Oscars are pointless affairs that hardly ever recognize the talent truly most deserving as they're more political affairs than anything else) but there were most definitely some shake-ups and surprises this year.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Seeing The Hobbit this Saturday. So excited.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    No surprises?

- No Best Picture nomination for The Master or The Dark Knight Rises
    - No directing nomination for Tom Hooper, even though Les Miz is one of the best received movies of the year
    - Anthony Hopkins got shut out for Hitchcock despite it being the sort of thing the Globes usually eat right up
    - Quvenzhane Wallis didn't get recognized for her brilliant work in Beasts of the Southern Wild
    - Nicole Kidman did get nominated for The Paperboy (WTF?)
    - Game of Thrones didn't get a single nomination for anything (Dinklage won a Globe last year)

And this is just the stuff off the top of my head.

None of this is really worth caring about (both the Globes and the Oscars are pointless affairs that hardly ever recognize the talent truly most deserving as they're more political affairs than anything else) but there were most definitely some shake-ups and surprises this year.
    I meant with no surprises from the critics i do have complains about the nominations

Yeah i agree with the part of Game of thrones not getting a single nomination.Its a travesty i should say.I wasn't expecting The Dark Knight Rises getting nomination for best Picture and i think Master and Dark Knight are worthy for a nomination.Haven't watch Paperboy or Hitchcock though

There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

I also think that Argo and Lincoln are gonna fight for the most Oscars

Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    How many did The Expendables 2 get nominated for? lol

I agree with Ape, Kidman sucks the big one.

I meant with no surprises from the critics i do have complains about the nominations

Yeah i agree with the part of Game of thrones not getting a single nomination.Its a travesty i should say.I wasn't expecting The Dark Knight Rises getting nomination for best Picture and i think Master and Dark Knight are worthy for a nomination.Haven't watch Paperboy or Hitchcock though
    Really? It's heavily-favored to get an Oscar nomination (which is even more prestigious).

And one doesn't necessarily have to see something to be surprised by a snub or nomination. Both the Globes and the Oscars lean towards certain kinds of roles, actors, and projects, so not seeing nominations for awards-bait kind of roles/projects or recognition for the sort of projects/performances that typically get overlooked or are not even particularly worthy of said recognition can still be surprising to people in the know.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I also think that Argo and Lincoln are gonna fight for the most Oscars
    Zero Dark Thirty is going to take home more awards than Argo is going to.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Look who votes for these awards. That tells you a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Look who votes for these awards. That tells you a LOT.
    Yeah, like I said, these sorts of awards are all bullshit. I don't know why people even put any stock into them.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9