Page 302 of 541 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292300301302303304 312 352 402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5401
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Disney buying out Lucasfilm then?

My initial reaction, was great! The Marvel films since the Disney buyout of them have been brilliant! But the more I think of it I think we're going to see something like the Phantom Menace backlash x 1,000,000
    I'm split 50-50. On one hand, it'll be interesting to see where they take the story next. But on the other, the story's finished in my mind.

We'll see i guess! At least Disney have a good track record as you say.

Another point, I'm SO glad that the Indiana Jones series won't be affected by this acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Disney buying out Lucasfilm then?

My initial reaction, was great! The Marvel films since the Disney buyout of them have been brilliant! But the more I think of it I think we're going to see something like the Phantom Menace backlash x 1,000,000

I think the funniest thing I've heard involving this debate is my cousin’s dreaded fear that Jar-Jar will now be the focal point of the film since Disney acquired it. How he came to this conclusion, I have no clue but he is obstinate that this will be the end of his fandom for the film franchise and has called George Lucas every name possible in the book of insults.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

On the whole Disney/Star Wars debate I'm quite intrigued as to what they'll produce. Episodes 1-3 were not that great to me and as many have pointed out, the latest of the Marvel films have been really good.

On the story front their is plenty of literature out there that took the story well beyond Episode VI, if they don't come up with something completely new.

Blog Entries
    As someone who grew up with the original 3 and no hope (so we thought) of any sequels, I'm not as protective of the franchise as I once was. I didn't hate the prequels but they were damaging in many ways - for starters, Lucas is a horrible writer - but I have come to a place of peace with it all in my mind and since they have been doing offshoots of the Star Wars universe now for some time, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world that they should continue it. I'm not going to be one of those guys who goes - "look what they have done to my movies!".

Who knows, with the right people, it could really go places.

Tommy, the Indy series is part of the deal, so it could well be affected. Depending on Spielberg I suppose

The Pact - Really, really underwhelming film considering all the decent reviews and hype it received on tv in the UK. I did like the fact it was partly supernatural with the antagonist being very much human but they ruined it with the ending but I suppose being a horror they have to set up for a potential sequel.

Still only cost 99p on Virgin, so not all bad

A very average 2 out of 5.

Random but I just watch The Faculty and might I add the most underrated alien invasion I've ever seen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    As someone who grew up with the original 3 and no hope (so we thought) of any sequels, I'm not as protective of the franchise as I once was. I didn't hate the prequels but they were damaging in many ways - for starters, Lucas is a horrible writer - but I have come to a place of peace with it all in my mind and since they have been doing offshoots of the Star Wars universe now for some time, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world that they should continue it. I'm not going to be one of those guys who goes - "look what they have done to my movies!".

Who knows, with the right people, it could really go places.

Tommy, the Indy series is part of the deal, so it could well be affected. Depending on Spielberg I suppose
    I read that it wasn't since Paramount still have the contract to any future movies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I read that it wasn't since Paramount still have the contract to any future movies.
    that's interesting because I read otherwise.
    #BeJelly