Page 279 of 541 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269277278279280281 289 329 379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 5401
    Blog Entries
    That's because by the time they got through re-writing Running Man for the screen, it barely resembled the story King wrote. But you're right, there's so much that you just can't put on the screen with SK stuff since a lot of it is thoughts and occurrences that aren't screen friendly

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Used to love IT, one of my first horror movies.

That being said all of Stephen Kings novels didn't translate well into movie form, except the Running Man of course.
    What about The Shining, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile and maybe Children of the Corn?
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Take Shelter. Was really good. Sort of perfectly pitched for the subject and themes of the film, everything made it more engaging. Michael Shannon's got to be one of the best out there. Only thing is I don't really feel Jessica Chastain, like, she might be a good actress, but, yeah, I just don't feel it.

Bought The Raid on doovde. Yeah, I kinda regret, and probably should have forked out the extra 3 squid for BluRay, but hey, this way I can lend it out to more of my posse and my crew.

Seen this trailer, looks good, good cast, although I don't know if I'm digging the modern Jay Z music on it. Woulda prefered something a bit more of the period.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I recent noticed how much Ryan Gosling reminds me of Sean Penn, just the way he talks and stuff and now I see they're going to be in the same film together. Good stuff.

Blog Entries
    Haha, I realised last night, while watching it, that I had actually seen Taken. It's so formulaic and I get the impression that Neeson had no qualms about hamming it up for this role. I think Ape said that it was on a very Seagal level and I can see that. Stick Jason Statham or Nic Cage in there and you'd get the same results, it's a fairly interchangeable role. I've spent worse hour and a half's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Haha, I realised last night, while watching it, that I had actually seen Taken. It's so formulaic and I get the impression that Neeson had no qualms about hamming it up for this role. I think Ape said that it was on a very Seagal level and I can see that. Stick Jason Statham or Nic Cage in there and you'd get the same results, it's a fairly interchangeable role. I've spent worse hour and a half's.
    That film just clicked, can't really fully explain it's popularity because it is like you said formulaic. Buut Neeson weren't known as an action star so it was different watching him fight, so having Statham and Cage would really reallyyy not get the same result.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Couple of things: He wasn't a known action star before Taken key word known, some films you posted are actually after Taken, over half of films you posted aren't even proper action films with him as the main guy.

Blog Entries
    I knew about him. He has chops and has done pretty much every kind of movie. I think that you're confusing the way you see him with what's actual fact. And fact is: Taken was pedestrian.

Google it Akkie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I knew about him. He has chops and has done pretty much every kind of movie. I think that you're confusing the way you see him with what's actual fact. And fact is: Taken was pedestrian.

Google it Akkie.
    How funny because that's exactly what you're doing, if the way you saw him was more closer to fact than mine then that movie wouldn't have been as successful as it was.