Page 243 of 531 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233241242243244245 253 293 343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 5303
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    You seem to be hung up on the whole qualitative thing pertaining to the overall movie while all I'm arguing is that the actual origin portion of the story (you know, the mutating) isn't being bastardized because there's always been an alien component. That's it. Everything else is stuff you're coloring in on your own. I am NOT a fan of Michael Bay or director Jonathan Liebesman in any capacity.

Also, brevity. It's a thing. Check it out.
    Keep it short because your time is of great value, got it . A word you should check into is supercilious. I like that word when it applies, wouldn't you agree? And now to my (short) point.

If you said that Jason (Friday the 13th) in his newest movie was actually a robot, would it be bastardizing the story behind the movie? I think it would because it would completely negate the original film and his mothers part in his history. I also think it would take away from the psychotic nature of Jason's character; since as a robot, he is doing what he is programmed to do. Apply this logic to the "mutated" in the movie at hand. Qualifying them as having an "alien component" is accurate in what has mutated them, but their abilities as "ninja's" comes from their training via Splinter. Give them an "alien" demeanor in the context of the film and now you turn them from being well disciplined ninjas into having natural "out of this world" abilities due to the "super powers" they obtained from the Ooze. Think the difference between Batman and Green Lantern. One spent a lifetime to develop their skills. The other was handed their abilities through events out of their control. The simple nature of changing the context of their "origins" also changes the idea behind their entire back story. But maybe I am far too critical for my own good.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Super serious stuff this movie business. You guys should critique some Aussie cinema. Of my choice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Super serious stuff this movie business. You guys should critique some Aussie cinema. Of my choice.
    How is Australian cinema doing? I know there was a good film last year called Animal Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Why wouldn't Affleck be right for a superhero film? I mean, did Memento and Insomnia really point towards Chris Nolan being the guy that would do an amazing job with Batman?
    I totally agree with you and why not Bale as Batman

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Apparently, it could be said, that the TMNT's and Marvel's Daredevil were born of their hero personas as a result of the same incident?

I don't know anything about this. So this is as far as my divulgement goes.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19323...g-ways_p2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Keep it short because your time is of great value, got it . A word you should check into is supercilious. I like that word when it applies, wouldn't you agree? And now to my (short) point.

If you said that Jason (Friday the 13th) in his newest movie was actually a robot, would it be bastardizing the story behind the movie? I think it would because it would completely negate the original film and his mothers part in his history. I also think it would take away from the psychotic nature of Jason's character; since as a robot, he is doing what he is programmed to do. Apply this logic to the "mutated" in the movie at hand. Qualifying them as having an "alien component" is accurate in what has mutated them, but their abilities as "ninja's" comes from their training via Splinter. Give them an "alien" demeanor in the context of the film and now you turn them from being well disciplined ninjas into having natural "out of this world" abilities due to the "super powers" they obtained from the Ooze. Think the difference between Batman and Green Lantern. One spent a lifetime to develop their skills. The other was handed their abilities through events out of their control. The simple nature of changing the context of their "origins" also changes the idea behind their entire back story. But maybe I am far too critical for my own good.
    But the fundamentals of their origin are NOT being changed, so all of this is a total non-point. Why you keep glossing over that, I'm not sure. You seem intent on continuing to bang that drum, though, so I'll leave you to it.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Apparently, it could be said, that the TMNT's and Marvel's Daredevil were born of their hero personas as a result of the same incident?

I don't know anything about this. So this is as far as my divulgement goes.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19323...g-ways_p2.html
    Speaking of Daredevil, here's the sizzle reel that Joe Carnahan used to pitch his vision for the property to FOX. Shame he probably won't end up getting to make it.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Am I the only one here who's actually gonna watch the Scooby Doo/WWE movie?
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    These directors must see some potential in R Pats...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19270060

The only thing I've seen that dude in was Water for Elephants, and I was not impressed. Do not get the guy's appeal, like, at all.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9