Page 233 of 531 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223231232233234235 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 5307
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Yeah. Even Gary Stu...er...John Blake didn't have any difficulty.
    A male Mary Sue character.

EDIT: Jelly beat me to it.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Personally, I liked Joker better than Bane, but I am becoming a Hardy mark as well. After his performance in Warrior, and now in TDKR, he is becoming one of my favorite actors. You do make a good point though. I liked the Bane mask, and I thought how they portrayed Bane in this movie was really good
    Have you seen him in Bronson?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    My only issue with Ledger was that in my eyes, he didn't really play The Joker. He was more of an anarchist than a deranged madman who sought chaos and carnage as a means of entertainment rather than trying to change the world into some sort of bleak image where unrest and uncertainty reign.

Hardy, on the other hand, got Bane spot on. He was strong sure but he was also brilliant. Unlike all of Batman's adversaries, he wore him down through strategy, found out his identity and broke him both physically and mentally; something he does in both the comics and the movie which I thought faithfully represented him. I'm also glad that Bane's voice wasn't all like, "GRAAAH! I'M BANE! HEAR ME ROAR!" It was his primary element that contrasted his brute strength and physical prowess which showed off Bane's brain outside of his expert planning.
    See the problem for me is I'm not really a super hero buff. The only reason I watched Batman Begins is because I'd heard good things & I'm a big Christian Bale fan. Then I just had to see TDK & TDKR because I was hooked. I don't really know how the characters are supposed to be portrayed. I've been hoping to catch Batman with Keaton & Nicholson but no luck yet.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    I don't think Ledger and Hardy should be compared. Nor do I believe that Nolan's interpretation of Bane wasn't as individual as his interpretation of the Joker. I quite liked the fact that Nolan didn't feel trapped by the limitations some hardcore fans place on how a character should be portrayed. I saw Ledgers take on the Joker as a departure, whereas for Hardy, I knew he would piss it in as, as clrj mentioned above, after seeing Bronson I knew he had form. Ledger had never done anything to really make him stand out until the Joker, IMO. Even his role in Brokeback or Monsters Ball were more like exercises in long, meaningful staring to equate some sort of tortured soul. Lords Of Dogtown and Two Hands are the only possible exceptions, though Two Hands and Candy were almost the same characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I don't think Ledger and Hardy should be compared. Nor do I believe that Nolan's interpretation of Bane wasn't as individual as his interpretation of the Joker. I quite liked the fact that Nolan didn't feel trapped by the limitations some hardcore fans place on how a character should be portrayed. I saw Ledgers take on the Joker as a departure, whereas for Hardy, I knew he would piss it in as, as clrj mentioned above, after seeing Bronson I knew he had form. Ledger had never done anything to really make him stand out until the Joker, IMO. Even his role in Brokeback or Monsters Ball were more like exercises in long, meaningful staring to equate some sort of tortured soul. Lords Of Dogtown and Two Hands are the only possible exceptions, though Two Hands and Candy were almost the same characters.
    I think that actually helps bring in more fans like me who aren't really comic fans. Plus IMO it adds to the character by broadening the boundaries of what they can do. Anyone can become stale in my eyes.

What really sells me on Hardy is I really feel like he is his character. I can't wait to see Lawless because of Hardy without seeing the rest of the cast.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW

I can't wait to see Lawless. I wanted to see it because of Tom Hardy but I just looked at the cast. Hardy, Oldman, & Pearce should be outstanding. Memento totally sold me on Pearce.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW

The last movie I watched was around a month ago and it was Ice Age 4: Continental Drift.

Yes, I know. How childish of me. But it was :/
    RIP Eddie Guerrero. One of the greatest wrestlers of all time!

Raise your hand if you're on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    I can't wait to see Lawless. I wanted to see it because of Tom Hardy but I just looked at the cast. Hardy, Oldman, & Pearce should be outstanding. Memento totally sold me on Pearce.
    Agree w/ all of this.

Also, motherfucking Nick Cave wrote the screenplay and did all the music for it! (which he also did for an earlier western by the same director called The Proposition(which I haven't seen yet, but I bought it based on someone's glowing recommendation on here))

Quote Originally Posted by FancyShmancyPants17 View Post
    The last movie I watched was around a month ago and it was Ice Age 4: Continental Drift.

Yes, I know. How childish of me. But it was :/
    There's no shame in enjoying the Ice Age movies.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Not as good as Borat. But still pretty good. Had it's LOL moments.

Aladeen Motherfucker!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post

Not as good as Borat. But still pretty good. Had it's LOL moments.

Aladeen Motherfucker!!!
    Best way to describe it is, not as good as Borat but better than Bruno lol