Page 227 of 520 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5193
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Caught [REC]3 last night. While I generally enjoyed the movie- granted, it's nowhere near the qualitative level of the first 2, but that doesn't mean it's completely devoid of merit- I can see it disappointing a lot of fans of the series. If you thought the religious direction that the 2nd one runs with was divisive, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. Why they decided to almost completely remove the found footage aspect of the series when it has been its strength up until this point is beyond me, but here it is. I applaud the confidence and conviction of the experimentation here, even if it didn't deliver quite the experience I was expecting/hoping for.

In a semi-related note: I love me some Vudu. That I can rent anticipated genre flicks in the privacy of my own home before they even hit theaters just tickles me to no end. I don't even mind the lofty $10 price tag for a rental.
    Is Rec3 out in the States, or was it an under the table viewing so to speak?

Blog Entries
    Justice League 2012 Doom - Cool movie
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    Love it when they show a legit badass classic on a casual tv channel.

Heat on Channel 4.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Not quite; she had to use a body double for her nudity. I'm pretty sure her making with her actual ta-tas was all anyone was really interested in seeing from her at that point, and she somehow managed to fuck that up, too.
    I was going off the aspect of her being a fucked up, bratty kid... Not the nudity. She played the part that is what she is associated as being in real life quite well... Much like Travolta drank heavy amounts of Tequilla for his famous "heroin" aspect in the movie Pulp Fiction, I can easily see Lohan having had "added supliments" to appear to be as fucked up as she looked on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY LOCO1 View Post
    Sin City!!
    Sin City was great... But not because of Alba. Rourke, Willis, Clive, Murphy... These were all people who contributed strong performances for this film. Alba was not.

Like Knightley or not, she had a very strong performance in Domino. Her sceens with Lucy are some of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Is Rec3 out in the States, or was it an under the table viewing so to speak?
    I rented it on Vudu, like I mentioned in my post. It's a video service that allows for HD streaming rentals, just like the Playstation Store and Amazon Video. They often release limited release selections as Pre-Theatrical Viewings for a Premium of $10 or so, and I'm usually happy to pay it.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    People who say they like Woody Allen movies these days are either pretentious or liars who think saying so makes them seem cool (which in itself is bizarre). Either way, both types should be avoided.
    Yep, same as the people who say Citizen Kane is their favorite movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    Yep, same as the people who say Citizen Kane is their favorite movie.
    Honestly though, have you ever seen the movie? It's pretty damn good. Especially if you think about just how long ago it was made

DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Honestly though, have you ever seen the movie? It's pretty damn good. Especially if you think about just how long ago it was made
    I have seen it and I thought it was a decent movie, but when people tell me it is their favorite movie of all time I don't buy it. It never seems to be on anyone’s radar until they have taken a film class. It just seems like film aficionados say this more out of fear of being ostracized by peers than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I have seen it and I thought it was a decent movie, but when people tell me it is their favorite movie of all time I don't buy it. It never seems to be on anyone’s radar until they have taken a film class. It just seems like film aficionados say this more out of fear of being ostracized by peers than anything else.
    I can agree... Much like if you ask someone if they've seen Lock Stock, Snatch, Way of the Gun, Boondock, Suicide Kings... If people actually haven't heard of it, they have no problem saying they haven't seen the films. However if they have heard of them, they will say that they LOVED the film without even knowing the plot.

DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I can agree... Much like if you ask someone if they've seen Lock Stock, Snatch, Way of the Gun, Boondock, Suicide Kings... If people actually haven't heard of it, they have no problem saying they haven't seen the films. However if they have heard of them, they will say that they LOVED the film without even knowing the plot.
    Most people seem to enjoy Lock, stock and Snatch. I recommend Way of the Gun to people all the time and no one other than me seems to like it. Maybe the beginning scene is a little misleading. I think most people expect it to go in a different direction after that. But really, where can you go after threatening to F-start a womens head and then getting your ass kicked by a guy that looks like Carrot Top's little brother.