Page 218 of 540 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208216217218219220 228 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 5399
    Blog Entries
    I understand some people just like to watch movies. But some like to examine them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I understand some people just like to watch movies. But some like to examine them too.
    I suspect some of the knee-jerking comes from a place of insecurity. They see others articulating and expounding upon things in a way that they're not capable of, and that probably makes them feel a touch left out.

"Smart people sounding smart is stupid. They should just like things or not like things and shut the hell up about it. Makes for much more interesting conversations, trust me."

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

The first 2/3rds of Insidious was pretty decent, but the movie really shit the bed and then rolled in it in that last act. Didn't really find any of it particularly scary, either.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I suspect some of the knee-jerking comes from a place of insecurity. They see others articulating and expounding upon things in a way that they're not capable of, and that probably makes them feel a touch left out.

"Smart people sounding smart is stupid. They should just like things or not like things and shut the hell up about it. Makes for much more interesting conversations, trust me."
    No, no, no Ape you have it all wrong! It's not smart people sounding smart - it's stupid people trying to sound smart! Obviously - duh!

Heaven forbid we should have more to say about the movie than what the popcorn was like. That Christopher Nolan thing I posted, I should probably translate it for those type of people;

"I made a movie. Made two more. Was good. Met some people. Seeya"

Blog Entries
    I find that for people who believe in supernatural and spiritual shit (Like me) find these things wayyy scarier because in your mind you think stuff like this could happen in real life, as crazy as that sounds. Obviously some horror films are more far fetched than others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I find that for people who believe in supernatural and spiritual shit (Like me) find these things wayyy scarier because in your mind you think stuff like this could happen in real life, as crazy as that sounds. Obviously some horror films are more far fetched than others.
    Yo Akbar...I'm actually the dispossessed spirit of one of your dead relatives - wooooooOOOoooooOOOoooooh! lol jk mate, no disrespect to your relo's!

Super Member Daffy Duck's Finest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I may be in the minority here, but when I go to watch a movie, I (and I don't know how) don't think too much about sublinimal messages and whatnot including in the film, and instead just go along for the ride. That is the essence of a good movie, along with making you think about the film after it has finished. I believe people should be 'movie-lover/ movie-goers' during the presentation, and if they choose, be 'movie critics' afterwards.

As for the film itself, I still don't know what to think; Yes it is everything you expect from a Nolan film - Visually entertaining, suspense and clever. I think Bane is the best villain of the trilogy, simply because it actually made me believe he could do some damage to Batman, and Tom Hardy played it magnificently. Although I disagreed with Catwoman's inclusion in the film, Hathaway was fantastic (and certainly up there with her performance in 'Devil Wears Prada'. Furthermore I can easily see Bale getting an Oscar nod come next year, and I'd have a cheeky bet of Caine getting a 'Supporting Actor' nod also.

However, I expected a 10/10 film, and got a 9/10 film, which is still the best I've seen this year, but there was just something missing. I just wish I knew what.

As for the ending, my viewpoint was that of the happy ending, as (as I've explained) I didn't really think about the other viewpoint until later on that day.

WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2011: 9th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2012: 27th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2013: 18th
    WWE Overall Prediction Contest 2014: 37th

EWN Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Champion 2012

Blog Entries
    Yo Akbar...I'm actually the dispossessed spirit of one of your dead relatives - wooooooOOOoooooOOOoooooh! lol jk mate, no disrespect to your relo's!
    Now I know why you're always on my case.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Duck's Finest View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but when I go to watch a movie, I (and I don't know how) don't think too much about sublinimal messages and whatnot including in the film, and instead just go along for the ride. That is the essence of a good movie, along with making you think about the film after it has finished. I believe people should be 'movie-lover/ movie-goers' during the presentation, and if they choose, be 'movie critics' afterwards.

As for the film itself, I still don't know what to think; Yes it is everything you expect from a Nolan film - Visually entertaining, suspense and clever. I think Bane is the best villain of the trilogy, simply because it actually made me believe he could do some damage to Batman, and Tom Hardy played it magnificently. Although I disagreed with Catwoman's inclusion in the film, Hathaway was fantastic (and certainly up there with her performance in 'Devil Wears Prada'. Furthermore I can easily see Bale getting an Oscar nod come next year, and I'd have a cheeky bet of Caine getting a 'Supporting Actor' nod also.

However, I expected a 10/10 film, and got a 9/10 film, which is still the best I've seen this year, but there was just something missing. I just wish I knew what.

As for the ending, my viewpoint was that of the happy ending, as (as I've explained) I didn't really think about the other viewpoint until later on that day.
    Haven't seen the film but I'm pretty sure that won't be happening, actually I'm certain it won't.

Blog Entries
    I certainly don't sit there thinking, "Oh, I wonder what that means or that's all about" while I'm watching a movie - not unless I'm seeing it again and generally at home where I have the luxury of pausing and rewinding and subtitles. And some movies I choose not to do that with, some I do.

I agree with your Catwoman summary but have to say I found ...Prada pretty lackluster and Emily Blunt was the only stand out for me in that. Hathaway really grabbed my attention in Brokeback Mountain, but that could be because she got her tits out? Maybe, I think I liked her legit in that though.

Bane and Hardy are both great. I am a confirmed Tom Hardy fan because of Kash now.

Not sure Bale will get considered but I back Caine for an Oscar - if only because he's a legend!