Page 197 of 539 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187195196197198199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 5382
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Oh I was meaning to see that film, I watched Elephant and found it so fascinating because there was a period where I learned about every School Shooting (Not because I wanted to emulate it, rather the curiousity of the students emotions about witnessing their classmates been shot etc) But anyways I heard that was part of Gus Van Sant's trilogy so it had my interest, I'll definetly watch it later.
    Please tell me more about this trilogy. Are these films connected by stories or just actors?

Good Morning (1960, Yasujiro Ozu) - 6/10 - Weakest Ozu I've seen to date, but still a very likable film.

Taxidermia (2006, Gyorgy Palfi) - 2.5/10 - Disgusting and deeply unlikable "LOL SHOCK VALUE" film, plus I completely failed to "get" the humour in it. Not a complete dud since it is, in fact, quite well made.

Nanami and the Inferno of First Love (1968, Susumu Hani) - 8.5/10 - Whoa.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Please tell me more about this trilogy. Are these films connected by stories or just actors?
    They're connected through the themes, events, emotions etc...

Blog Entries
    The Amazing Spider Man

It was a good movie but I prefer the Toby SM
    I'm jus sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's called "The Death Trilogy". The films are only loosely connected by the theme of death, and characterised by being totally slow-moving dramas filled with long-takes (they're heavily inspired by the movies of Béla Tarr)

Gerry (2002) - Based on some true story I'm not familar with, Matt Damon and Casey Affleck get lost in a desert without food or water and try to find their way to safety.

Elephant (2003) - Based on the Columbine massacre, an ordinary day in a high school is horribly interrupted by two friends who decide to do a school shooting.

Last Days (2005) - Based loosely on the final days and suicide of Kurt Cobain, starring the guy from Boardwalk Empire. Underrated due to rabid Nirvana fans who found the whole thing distateful.

All three films are very much an acquired taste, to be honest

Blog Entries
    Watched;

Everybody's Fine with Drew Barrymore, Sam Rockwell & Robert DeNiro. Gotta admit I teared up a bit, it hit pretty close to home. Not exactly heartwarming but I'm glad I watched it - 7.5/10

Cedar Rapids - Killed some time. 5/10

Weird. I thought Everyone's Fine had about as much flavor as a piece of stale communion bread, while I consider Cedar Rapids to be a bit of a seriously slept-on, Capra-esque gem. Shit, Cedar Rapids is alone worth the price of admission just to see Senator Clay Davis do his best Omar Little impression.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Weird. I thought Everyone's Fine had about as much flavor as a piece of stale communion bread, while I consider Cedar Rapids to be a bit of a seriously slept-on, Capra-esque gem. Shit, Cedar Rapids is alone worth the price of admission just to see Senator Clay Davis do his best Omar Little impression.
    Ha! I had a feeling writing that that you were going to say pretty much that! Like I said, Everybody's Fine hit pretty close to home for me, so that's probably why. Cedar Rapids fell victim to my expectation of what I was going to get - I thought it was going to be more along the lines of The Goods. Not that I didn't like it, it just didn't blow my skirt up

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Good Will Hunting - 8.3/10

I have still not watched this movie. I have heard how it is the awesomest of the awesome, but honestly the movie never interested me. My wife has a copy at the house, so I have had access to it for at least 5 years now, but just never felt the urge that I HAD to watch this movie... I'd rather re-watch Shawshank if I had the choice... Which I always do

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I have still not watched this movie. I have heard how it is the awesomest of the awesome, but honestly the movie never interested me. My wife has a copy at the house, so I have had access to it for at least 5 years now, but just never felt the urge that I HAD to watch this movie... I'd rather re-watch Shawshank if I had the choice... Which I always do
    WATCH THIS MOVIE!!! It is a great movie. I didn't think I would like it but once I actually watched it, I loved it.

Shawshank Redemtion is another great though, I can also watch it over and over.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."