Page 188 of 541 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178186187188189190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 5403
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    So the new Hendrix biopic will feature no Hendrix music because they couldn't get the rights of the record label, Talk about losing 50% of the films appeal.
    The Hendrix estate decided to stop giving music rights to films that feature drug taking a while ago, since "light up a doob and play a Hendrix tune" had become so hilariously cliché at that point that it gave the wrong impression of what Hendrix and his music was about. And lord knows a Jimi Hendrix biopic wouldn't be interesting without a montage of him smoking drugs to 'Foxy Lady' or whatever, because quite frankly he wasn't interesting in real life, outside of the amazing things he did with a guitar.

That was also largely the reason The Doors' biopic sucked so hard - because all Jim Morrison did IRL was take psychedelics, ramble on about vague spirituality and get fat. I can see a Hendrix biopic going the same way.

Blog Entries
    Last night I watched Goon with Seann William Scott. It was ok, a bit one dimensional but it's just film. I don't expect to get blown away every time I sit down. 6/10
    Also watched The Big Year starring Steve Martin, Owen Wilson & Jack Black. Not sure what I expected here but it was cute and quirky with some solid performances. Casting Brian Dennehey as Black's dad was a tad inspired. Gotta love the BD. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Last night I watched Goon with Seann William Scott. It was ok, a bit one dimensional but it's just film. I don't expect to get blown away every time I sit down. 6/10
    I had a lot of fun with this one, actually. Scott's Doug Glatt is yet another one of his patented boneheads (which I imagine he can do in his sleep at this point), but it's probably the most restrained and nuanced work he's done with the admittedly tired shtick. It helps that the part is also written with a lot of genuine heart and affection.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Saw the trailer for Total Recall the other day. Not sure why it had to be remade, I still watch the original, but I will watch it anyway (suppose thats why they remade it lol) and hope they do the "You think this is the real Quaid?" scene justice.

That Total Recall movie got me on-board when they cast Bryan Cranston as the baddie. Then I went and totally bailed as soon as I saw "PG-13".

Do. Not. Want.

Len Wiseman needs to go find a gaggle of dicks for fellating purposes. He's the worst thing of all the things.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    That Total Recall movie got me on-board when they cast Bryan Cranston as the baddie. Then I went and totally bailed as soon as I saw "PG-13".

Do. Not. Want.

Len Wiseman needs to go find a gaggle of dicks for fellating purposes. He's the worst thing of all the things.
    I think McG beats him to it.

Was looking to see if there were any copies of Ted available on the internet, and came across the single worst telesync I've seen in years.

But yeah, several people whose opinions I trust (including some that share my low opinion of Seth MacFarlane) are telling me that this is a great comedy.

I think McG beats him to it.
    Nah, he's solid on the production side of things.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Nah, he's solid on the production side of things.
    He rates himself quite highly which is what kind of irritates me, Same with Brett Ratner and Kevin Smith.

God I hate those directors...

He rates himself quite highly which is what kind of irritates me, Same with Brett Ratner and Kevin Smith.

God I hate those directors...
    Discussion of his films aside... Kevin Smith really is such a fucking mark for himself, but rather than finding it pathetic I actually find it quite amusing nowadays. I suppose his ego wouldn't be so comical if he was actually still relevant to anything, but still, anybody that releases four "Question and Answer" DVDs featuring themselves is a massive twat regardless of who he is or what he's done.