Page 177 of 531 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167175176177178179 187 227 277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 5303
    Blog Entries
    The Pursuit Of Happiness...

Le Samourai (1967) - 9/10

I had been seeing many people comparing this film to Drive on the interwebz, and since I loved that film (as well as Jean-Pierre Melville's later films Le Cercle Rouge and Army of Shadows) it seemed like a no brainer to watch this. There are indeed a few similarities between the two films - Alain Delon's character is quite obviously a massive influence on Ryan Gosling's character, both films have minimalist scripts and are very bleak - but on the whole I'd say this film's a completely different beast barring a few superficialities.

I DO reckon fans of Drive would really fucking dig this film as a thriller though, which is why I brought that up. Le Samourai is more like a straight-up noir though, going further down the suspense/tension and character study route rather escalating in all the ultraviolence of Drive's third act. It's also the type of movie that's more slowly paced and atmospheric, but has cinematography so pretty that you could easily hang half of the frames on your wall. Also, Alain Delon's character has to be one of the coolest motherfuckers in cinematic history. Very highly recommended.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    Le Samourai (1967) - 9/10

I had been seeing many people comparing this film to Drive on the interwebz, and since I loved that film (as well as Jean-Pierre Melville's later films Le Cercle Rouge and Army of Shadows) it seemed like a no brainer to watch this. There are indeed a few similarities between the two films - Alain Delon's character is quite obviously a massive influence on Ryan Gosling's character, both films have minimalist scripts and are very bleak - but on the whole I'd say this film's a completely different beast barring a few superficialities.

I DO reckon fans of Drive would really fucking dig this film as a thriller though, which is why I brought that up. Le Samourai is more like a straight-up noir though, going further down the suspense/tension and character study route rather escalating in all the ultraviolence of Drive's third act. It's also the type of movie that's more slowly paced and atmospheric, but has cinematography so pretty that you could easily hang half of the frames on your wall. Also, Alain Delon's character has to be one of the coolest motherfuckers in cinematic history. Very highly recommended.
    If I'm not mistaken the plot is very similar to John Woo's The Killer...another great film.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Saw the trailers for Spiderman and Chernobyl Diaries, thought they both looked very good.
    Looks bad and very familiar...

Blog Entries
    Thought the trailer looked good. Spiderman is gonna be amazing!
    Ermm...holding my judgement until i watch it.

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to see it.

Dark Knight Rises is what I'm waiting for, gonna be immense!
    I agree...plus Django Unchained is going to kill it when it comes out.

Blog Entries
    Just search that cause I never heard of it, seems cool.
    QT and Leo always bring it...(you have no idea who I'm talking about do you lol)

Blog Entries
    Tarantino and DiCaprio, I'm not an idiot!
    Yess I rate you...well done

Blog Entries
    The Godfather on film four...Officially the 18th time watching it .

#GreatestFilmEverMade.Period

Blog Entries
    Never.Watched.It
    I'm done with this world.