Page 163 of 539 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153161162163164165 173 213 263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 5382
    Fair enough dude. It IS pretty much the bleakest, most depressing film ever. Definitely not for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    Fair enough dude. It IS pretty much the bleakest, most depressing film ever. Definitely not for everyone.
    Just read the premise, so it's basically like Taken without Liam Neeson kicking ass right? Lol

In the same way that Drive is basically 2 Fast 2 Furious without Paul Walker driving around in a muscle car filled with NOS, yes.

(not that Taken is a bad film or anything. 2 Fast 2 Furious, on the other hand...)

Blog Entries
    In the same way that Drive is basically 2 Fast 2 Furious without Paul Walker driving around in a muscle car filled with NOS, yes.

(not that Taken is a bad film or anything. 2 Fast 2 Furious, on the other hand...)
    Wow Drive is fav film of the last 10 years so this film must be really good...Lol

Nah, it's not as good as Drive, was just trying to say that it doesn't have anything in common with Taken apart from the human trafficking theme.

Anyway, how was Confessions?

Blog Entries
    Nah, it's not as good as Drive, was just trying to say that it doesn't have anything in common with Taken apart from the human trafficking theme.

Anyway, how was Confessions?
    Crazy, weird, brilliant, the cinematography was out if this world (kinda similar to Schnidlers list), the directing was amazing, the guitar riff in the background added to the theme of the story, the acting was Oscar worthy (exactly how you would expect japanese actors to do it) the 13-15 yr old kids acting was stunning and of course the story itself was marvellous.

Its up there with Oldboy as my favourite Asian film...

Just watched American Gangster again. I'd watched it in 07 or 08 but I enjoy movies like this more the second time through. Denzel & Crowe are two of my favorites.

The scene where Frank kills Tango & the sit-down meeting between Frank & Richie are my favorite scenes.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

I should really watch American Gangster again too, haven't seen it since it was originally in t' cinemas. While I was fairly entertained by it and left feeling that Denzel was legit as fuck, I could barely remember anything about the film even just a few weeks later.

Mostly been watching action B-movies and direct-to-video Steven Seagal material lately. The vast majority are the kind of trash that most people (that aren't obsessive gluttons-for-punishment like myself) have the common sense to avoid... but there's a few that are SO bad, they completely transcend their own hilarious ineptitude and become utterly charming because of it.

Most notably - American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt. It truly deserves every single rating out of ten at the same time.

I should really watch American Gangster again too, haven't seen it since it was originally in t' cinemas. While I was fairly entertained by it and left feeling that Denzel was legit as fuck, I could barely remember anything about the film even just a few weeks later.
    Do it, it's definitely worth the second watch. I remembered a few scenes from before but today it seemed a lot better to me. I was watching the extended version since I bought the DVD.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW

Just finished watching Taken. I've had it for a while but just now watched it. Awesome movie!

"I don't know who you are and I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

THAT IS BOSS!
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW