Page 152 of 541 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142150151152153154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5403
    Blog Entries
    American reunion - SO fucking funny I fully recommend
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    The Ruins - Cool horror
    I'm jus sayin...

Blog Entries
    Swordfish - The way people talk about this movie I thought it would be better but it was ok.
    I'm jus sayin...

I just watched Sucker Punch. I don't know why I did? It was on SkyAnytime, and I was bored? Yeah, some baffling stuff.

If Zack Snyder stopped making parts of all his films slow-motion 'this', or 'that', they would probably barely make it past half an hour in duration. Poor lad.

Although, call me cunt, but, I did kinda like Watchmen. I mean, I can sorta see why people don't like it (and I've seen alot of people who don't), but, I don't know why I didn't dislike it?

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Although, call me cunt, but, I did kinda like Watchmen. I mean, I can sorta see why people don't like it (and I've seen alot of people who don't), but, I don't know why I didn't dislike it?
    Watchmen was actually a pretty fine comic adaptation I reckon, especially the Director's Cut version. The only thing I actively hated about it was the generic as fuck soundtrack. (Simon and Garfunkel for the sad funeral scene, Philip Glass for the mysterious/deep Manhattan flashback, UGHHH IT WAS BLOODY AWFUL) I was also kinda sore that they changed the ending from the graphic novel, but I understood that the original ending is pretty much unfilmable so I'm kinda okay with it under those circumstances.

---

I watched seven movies in one day on Tuesday. I desperately need employment! Best to worst from the past few days:

Day of Wrath (1943) - 9/10 - yeah, no doubt that Carl Theodore Dreyer is one of the all time greats

Late Spring (1949) - 9/10 - same goes for Yasujiro Ozu

A Matter of Life and Death (1946) - 8/10 - d: Michael Powell

Gregory's Girl (1981) - 8/10 - d: Bill Forsyth (I'm sure every Scottish person of a certain age got shown this in secondary school at some point)

My Darling Clementine (1946) - 7/10 - d: John Ford

The Pillow Book (1995) - 7/10 - d: Peter Greenaway

The Dirty Dozen (1967) - 7/10 - d: Robert Aldritch

Command Performance (2009) - 5/10 - d: Dolph Lundgren (A rip-off of Sudden Death, which was in turn a rip-off of Die Hard, but Dolph makes it charming. Hasn't really lost his form, the dude still kicks ass)

M*A*S*H* (1970) - 5/10 - d: Robert Altman

Passport to Pimlico (1949) - 3/10 - early Ealing comedy

Bringing Up Baby (1938) - 2/10 - d: Howard Hawks, painfully annoying comedy

Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    Watchmen was actually a pretty fine comic adaptation I reckon, especially the Director's Cut version. The only thing I actively hated about it was the generic as fuck soundtrack. (Simon and Garfunkel for the sad funeral scene, Philip Glass for the mysterious/deep Manhattan flashback, UGHHH IT WAS BLOODY AWFUL) I was also kinda sore that they changed the ending from the graphic novel, but I understood that the original ending is pretty much unfilmable so I'm kinda okay with it under those circumstances
    Yeah, I'm the same, I'd agree with that. I haven't read the graphic novel, and didn't know anything about it. I don't know what the original ending was, to compare, so I guess that also prevented me from taking umbrage.

I was on a comic book/super hero movie kick yesterday.

The incredible hulk - Never seen this one, I was under the impression that the Edward Norton one was a reboot. but No it followed on from the other one. Not bad, kinda enjoyed it.

Captain America - I was expecting this to be all flag humping and America FUCK YEAH!! but it really wasnt, pleasantly surprised by this, a lot better than I thought it would be.

Ghost Rider Spirt of Vengeance - Nicholas Cage in full on batshit insano mode? Whats not to love!? Well not a lot really, pretty shit. But Cage is always fun to watch when he turns the crazy up to 11

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Ghost Rider Spirt of Vengeance - Nicholas Cage in full on batshit insano mode? Whats not to love!? Well not a lot really, pretty shit. But Cage is always fun to watch when he turns the crazy up to 11
    Oh man, please tell me you've seen Vampire's Kiss before? "turns the crazy up to 11" doesn't even BEGIN to describe how batshit insane Nicolas Cage's performance is.

When Cage is good, he's good. When he's bad, he's even better. (Ghost Rider is totally on my wishlist)

Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    Oh man, please tell me you've seen Vampire's Kiss before? "turns the crazy up to 11" doesn't even BEGIN to describe how batshit insane Nicolas Cage's performance is.

When Cage is good, he's good. When he's bad, he's even better. (Ghost Rider is totally on my wishlist)
    Nope, but I know of it. In fact sod it!! i'll go download it RIGHT NOW!!

Blog Entries
    Up in the air - clooneys best performance, direction perfectly captures the characters emotion...great film