Page 107 of 531 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97105106107108109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 5307
    Just saw 8mm...

Some deep stuff in that film.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Just saw 8mm...

Some deep stuff in that film.
    Haha What? That movie has all of the depth of a thimble. Are you sure that you just aren't confusing dimension for mature themes or something?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Hellboy II was on TV today. Great movie for a lazy sunday
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Haha What? That movie has all of the depth of a thimble. Are you sure that you just aren't confusing dimension for mature themes or something?
    What can I say? I enjoyed it.

I heard it wasn't that great before hand, but it started out good for me, and it was just the right movie that I was in the mood for. I enjoyed it, I thought it was good. Now it's nothing that should be nominated for best movie ever, but it was a good movie to watch if you haven't seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Hellboy II was on TV today. Great movie for a lazy sunday
    I didn't have particularly high expectations for either Hellboy movie, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised by both. They're just really fun flicks, and Ron Perlman was basically born for the role.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I didn't have particularly high expectations for either Hellboy movie, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised by both. They're just really fun flicks, and Ron Perlman was basically born for the role.
    So true about Perlman being born for the role as Hellboy. I just really hope the third comes out before he get too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    What can I say? I enjoyed it.

I heard it wasn't that great before hand, but it started out good for me, and it was just the right movie that I was in the mood for. I enjoyed it, I thought it was good. Now it's nothing that should be nominated for best movie ever, but it was a good movie to watch if you haven't seen it before.
    I wasn't debating the movie's merits (or in this case, the lack thereof); I was questioning the so-called depth that you were talking about. I mean, the movie doesn't scratch any sorts of surfaces in any kind of substantial way. It presents all of these dark and twisted themes and then almost goes out of its way to not explore them, unless its convenient for advancing the plot.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I'm also really starting to enjoy SyFy's movies. They're just so awesomely terrible and cheesy.

So stoked for Rage of the Yeti next weekend.

Blog Entries
    I forgot to post this after I finished watching it. Anyways, in the spirit of Halloween, I decided to watch a horror flick. With all the Halloween marathons on during the time, I figured I'd just pick one and go with it but this one caught my eye; Scream. Before then, I never saw a Scream movie so I thought I was missing out since it's been around for so long and apparently it's good. So I thought, "What the hell? It can't be that bad." Boy, was I ever wrong.

Scream 1 : 2/10

The overall shock value of the movie was bearable but the motivation behind all the killings was just "meh". It's not like the reason was bad or too cliché, but we really don't get to see how Billy's life has been screwed up because of his mother being driven away outside his misplaced sense of justice. Nothing really leads up to it. Another thing that really bothered me about it was how the victims of the killings, even those outside of Billy's sphere of influence, are all killed. Like when that skanky news reporter drove herself into a tree then came back to the house to confront Billy and Stu, they were surprised that she lived even though it would have been impossible from them to predict her murder since they didn't set anything up for her except for a corpse on her roof. But above all that, the thing that REALLY pissed me off was the acting. GOOD...FUCKING...GOD. I wasn't convinced by ANY of it at all. The only time where I was sorta involved in the plot the character's dilemmas was when they were running and screaming. That's it. But even Neve Campbell can't redeem herself with this simple task and I still find her to be the worst actor of the film. The only thing that I found positive about this film, more a little gem I found whimsical, was seeing David Arquette..........but then that gem quickly lost its shine when he lived 'til the end of the film. Damn. Oh well, I guess that's what dreams and fanfics are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    So true about Perlman being born for the role as Hellboy. I just really hope the third comes out before he get too old.
    Sadly, the last I heard, a third film probably isn't going to happen. Apparently, Perlman really, REALLY hated undergoing the process to put the makeup on. And with Sons of Anarchy being such a success, he's now not hard up for work.

Del Toro is a pretty busy guy, too. In addition to working on the big budget alien flick Pacific Rim (with Charlie Hunnam, also of Sons of Anarchy), he's been trying to get his passion project, an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness, off the ground for some time now. If Mountains ends up happening, that alone could take several years to complete.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9