Page 104 of 540 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94102103104105106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5399
  1. #1031
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,588
    Blog Entries
    7
    I'm currently going through all the UK banned movies.
    Any film that was banned by the BBFC for any period amount of time.

    I've got The Human Centipede 2 (Going to watch the first so I get the story, but that was never banned) Grotesque and Mikey to watch.

    So far:
    Favourites have to be The Exorcist 1, Clockwork Orange and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 3. The rest are either not really good or haven't stood the test of time.

    From what i've read about them. Mikey probably won't be great but sounds interesting. THC2 should be a gore horror movie so not expecting much and Grot sounds like a very sick porno. Still, movies do surprise all the time.

    May move onto US banned movies next since Monty Pythons Life of Brian was banned there and i'd love that to be in a list I want to get through.

  2. #1032
    The Trinity Necroyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Nanny State
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I'm currently going through all the UK banned movies.
    Any film that was banned by the BBFC for any period amount of time.

    I've got The Human Centipede 2 (Going to watch the first so I get the story, but that was never banned) Grotesque and Mikey to watch.

    So far:
    Favourites have to be The Exorcist 1, Clockwork Orange and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 3. The rest are either not really good or haven't stood the test of time.

    From what i've read about them. Mikey probably won't be great but sounds interesting. THC2 should be a gore horror movie so not expecting much and Grot sounds like a very sick porno. Still, movies do surprise all the time.

    May move onto US banned movies next since Monty Pythons Life of Brian was banned there and i'd love that to be in a list I want to get through.
    What master list are you using for that?

    Apart from the legendary video nasties list, I happen to have one for movies that are/were banned and *still* haven't been released in the UK yet. dunno how up-to-date this is:

    The Awakening of Emily (1976)
    Bamboo House of Dolls (1974)
    Bloody Friday (1972)
    Brute Corps (1972)
    The Case of the Smiling Stiffs (1973)
    Cocksucker Blues (1973)
    Grotesque (2009)
    Human Centipede II (2011) - Necro sidenote: Unbanned as of Oct 2011
    Mikey (1992)
    Mother's Day (1980)
    Score (1974)

    The majority of those are obscure exploitation films that either haven't been sent for reclassification since... or nobody has bothered to release them.

    Cocksucker Blues, a Rolling Stones documentary, has a funny story behind its "banning": Rather than being refused classification by the BBFC, it's illegal to be shown because the Stones (who commissioned the film) filed a court order against its release. Now it's technically only legal to watch it if the director is in the same room as you.


  3. #1033
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,588
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    What master list are you using for that?

    Apart from the legendary video nasties list, I happen to have one for movies that are/were banned and *still* haven't been released in the UK yet. dunno how up-to-date this is:

    The Awakening of Emily (1976)
    Bamboo House of Dolls (1974)
    Bloody Friday (1972)
    Brute Corps (1972)
    The Case of the Smiling Stiffs (1973)
    Cocksucker Blues (1973)
    Grotesque (2009)
    Human Centipede II (2011) - Necro sidenote: Unbanned as of Oct 2011
    Mikey (1992)
    Mother's Day (1980)
    Score (1974)

    The majority of those are obscure exploitation films that either haven't been sent for reclassification since... or nobody has bothered to release them.

    Cocksucker Blues, a Rolling Stones documentary, has a funny story behind its "banning": Rather than being refused classification by the BBFC, it's illegal to be shown because the Stones (who commissioned the film) filed a court order against its release. Now it's technically only legal to watch it if the director is in the same room as you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

    Thats the list i'm using. If you know of any more that they don't have please list

  4. #1034
    The Trinity Necroyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Nanny State
    Posts
    4,196
    WHOA, Battleship Potemkin was banned in the UK? That's one of my favourite silent films ever.


  5. #1035
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,588
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    WHOA, Battleship Potemkin was banned in the UK? That's one of my favourite silent films ever.
    I haven't seen a lot of silent films. Just Charlie Chaplin shows/sketches and this now. I did enjoy it. Silent films aren't really my cup of tea but I can see why you liked it

    The human Centipede 1 and 2 weren't anything great. I didn't really enjoy Mikey either, great concept of a child as the killer so I can see what the makers of the Orphan watched beforehand
    It was okay. Not the worst in the list but nowhere near the best.

    Struggling to find Grotesque :S

  6. #1036
    I'm on a total Korean revenge-flick tear. Did re-watches of Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, finally caught The Man From Nowhere, and just finished up A Bittersweet Life (which was absolutely stunning, by the way). Anybody got any recommendations for me?


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  7. #1037
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm on a total Korean revenge-flick tear. Did re-watches of Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, finally caught The Man From Nowhere, and just finished up A Bittersweet Life (which was absolutely stunning, by the way). Anybody got any recommendations for me?
    I do not know if it is your cup of tea, but have you ever seen a movie called Curse of the Golden Flower? It is kind of like Crouching Tiger meets a bloody Shakespeare play. It is Chinese not Korean.

  8. #1038
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    I do not know if it is your cup of tea, but have you ever seen a movie called Curse of the Golden Flower? It is kind of like Crouching Tiger meets a bloody Shakespeare play. It is Chinese not Korean.
    Oh, yeah, I've seen all of Zhang Yimou's Wushu flicks (with House of Flying Daggers probably being my favorite of the bunch).


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  9. #1039
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm on a total Korean revenge-flick tear. Did re-watches of Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, finally caught The Man From Nowhere, and just finished up A Bittersweet Life (which was absolutely stunning, by the way). Anybody got any recommendations for me?
    Have you seen; Bedevilled, The Chaser or I Saw the Devil?! 3 films worth a tickle!!

  10. #1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Have you seen; Bedevilled, The Chaser or I Saw the Devil?! 3 films worth a tickle!!
    I'm a big fan of both The Chaser and I Saw The Devil. Haven't seen or heard of Bedevilled, but I'll definitely be looking into it.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.