Page 503 of 540 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493501502503504505 513 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 5399
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    So Quentin Tarantino's next movie has been announced, and it will be titled: 'The Hateful 8'. It's another western, but not a sequel to Django. Apparently a leading role has/is being written for Christoph Waltz, and another leading role is being lined up for Bruce Dern. Production's due to start this coming summer.

I for one am excited already. Waltz on board again may seem like an overkill, but he's won an oscar for the past 2 he's done, so why not have him in there again. It would be madness not to. Interesting that Tarantino's chosen to go for a western again, as he tends to do one thing, nail it, then move on to something new.
    Can't wait for more details to emerge about this project!
    In a follow up to this, Tarantino has now scrapped this movie.
    Apparently, he gave a copy of the script to Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and Tim Roth, and the agent of one of those three has leaked the script. Tarantino says he apparently knows that it wasn't Roth. He's now announced that he'll publish the script as a written work.

I'm disappointed. This movie had me very excited with the premise that was in place for it. I also wonder what this incident does to the chances of Madsen or Dern appearing in any future Tarantino movies? If he can't trust them (or their agents) with his scripts, then he may not ask them to be in his movies again.

Here's Tarantino's quote on the incident:

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Tarantino
    That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it. I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these fucking agents work, but I’m not making this next. I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got ten more where that came from.
    I won't disagree on the bolded! Can't wait until he decides what he's going for next!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    The Iceman was a fine film. The performance of Michael Shannon helped elevate it from just-above-average. He managed to present a sort of The Shining gangster hit-man (without the supernatural). He's got to be one of the top American actors working. He just got into the role. A slick showing. The supporting cast is pretty decent, too. I don't know if they were all fully utilised, but it was just good to see. Liotta was respectable, usual Liotta; Chris Evans was acceptable, it was good seeing him in something un-actionheroey. Didn't quite get the point of James Franco turning up for a minute, but hey ho.

It's not like, "go out of your way to watch this!", but if you get an opportunity to watch it, watch it. I guess.
    I watched this last night. I thought it was a good role choice for Evans, who needs to get out there more in roles like this. I got the feeling with Franco that he was just visiting the set and they decided to pop him in there. Schwimmer was entertaining as he didn't "Ross" it up, Winona was competent too. Shannon was well cast as Kuklinski in both appearance and style. I've seen extensive interviews with The Iceman and the similarity is remarkable. 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Just watched The Way Way Back. Really enjoyed it but with the cast and the team behind it I sort of expected to. Steve Carrell plays an absolute prick. 8.5/10
    I've been wanting to see this movie for this very reason; Carell is vastly underrated.

Have you seen Seeking A Friend For The End Of the World, by any chance? HIGHLY recommended. Dat ending. Oh, dat ending.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I've been wanting to see this movie for this very reason; Carell is vastly underrated.

Have you seen Seeking A Friend For The End Of the World, by any chance? HIGHLY recommended. Dat ending. Oh, dat ending.
    Not yet but I'm definitely going to now. Was sort of avoiding it because I can't really stand Knightly.

The main reason I watched The Way Way Back was because of Faxon & Rash both writing and directing it together. Alison Janney really nails her part too.

I watched this last night. I thought it was a good role choice for Evans, who needs to get out there more in roles like this. I got the feeling with Franco that he was just visiting the set and they decided to pop him in there. Schwimmer was entertaining as he didn't "Ross" it up, Winona was competent too. Shannon was well cast as Kuklinski in both appearance and style. I've seen extensive interviews with The Iceman and the similarity is remarkable. 7.5/10

Yeah, I'm with you on everything. Evans has always come across as really unlikable, to me. Just one of those smug, thinks-he's-awesome, is-only-person-who-finds-him-funny, high school jock, type dude. Need to see more of him.

Speaking of Shannon. I watched that Premium Rush, and it's a kinda throwaway formulaic, nothing, actiony chase movie, but Michael Shannon(again) and Joseph Gordon Levitt put in highly enjoyable performances, which made it ok.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on everything. Evans has always come across as really unlikable, to me. Just one of those smug, thinks-he's-awesome, is-only-person-who-finds-him-funny, high school jock, type dude. Need to see more of him.

Speaking of Shannon. I watched that Premium Rush, and it's a kinda throwaway formulaic, nothing, actiony chase movie, but Michael Shannon(again) and Joseph Gordon Levitt put in highly enjoyable performances, which made it ok.
    I can see that about Evans with his early roles but it was Scott Pilgrim that really made me go, 'hang on, there might be something to this guy...'.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone else get the feeling that they come up with these Hunger Games titles and character names by pulling slightly more and more ludicrous names out of a hat and putting them together?

Not yet but I'm definitely going to now. Was sort of avoiding it because I can't really stand Knightly.

The main reason I watched The Way Way Back was because of Faxon & Rash both writing and directing it together. Alison Janney really nails her part too.
    I've never been a fan, either, but she absolutely kills it here. Her and Carell have amazing chemistry together.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Finally dragged myself round to watching Gravity, really wish I had watched it at the IMAX. Really good movie, for me not as outstanding as many purveyed but still one of my top movies this year.

On a side note, I really enjoy listening to younger fans going on about Hunger Games then talking them into watching Battle Royale, they never look at it the same again.

I just watched Mud. This was an awesome movie IMO. Everything just worked, plus McConaughey was great as normal.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clrj3514 View Post
    I just watched Mud. This was an awesome movie IMO. Everything just worked, plus McConaughey was great as normal.
    Hey, me too! Quite good, really liked Michael Shannon's role too. So often it seems screenwriters (or someone) feels it too necessary to make other characters more objectionable in order to make it overly clear who the protagonist is. This movie had none of that. I even empathised with the guys who were after Mud, since they weren't all bad, they just wanted to get the guy who killed their son/brother.

I did notice the very subtle "women are a mans poison" under tones the movie had. Almost every guy in that movie had been or was in the process of being jerked around by a woman. It's not quite misogynistic but it's definitely there.