Page 413 of 541 FirstFirst ... 313 363 403411412413414415 423 463 513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 5401
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You should understand that Pulp Fiction really paved the way for many certain types of filmmaking and storytelling in Hollywood that are commonplace today. So against the backdrop of cinema 2013, it's not particularly special. The dialogue, as you mentioned, still stands out because, well it's just damn good. However , Tarantino was really responsible for bringing a lot of things into vogue in Hollywood. If you're wondering why I use italics there it's simply because Tarantino took his cues from many different types, styles and nationalities of films. Thats not all there is to him but he is a student of film as opposed to being a film student, if you follow.
    That's why I didn't really think Django Unchained was that great, solid script as always but it looked like he just rehashed a lot of old western scenes. It's fine because he'll say he's paying homage and shit but Django is an overrated film in my view.

Blog Entries
    Has any watched "Oblivion" with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman? If o, what you tink of it? Yay or Nay‚Äč?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You should understand that Pulp Fiction really paved the way for many certain types of filmmaking and storytelling in Hollywood that are commonplace today. So against the backdrop of cinema 2013, it's not particularly special. The dialogue, as you mentioned, still stands out because, well it's just damn good. However , Tarantino was really responsible for bringing a lot of things into vogue in Hollywood. If you're wondering why I use italics there it's simply because Tarantino took his cues from many different types, styles and nationalities of films. Thats not all there is to him but he is a student of film as opposed to being a film student, if you follow.
    Oh, I get where you're coming from & I'm a Tarantino fan. I've seen Reservoir Dogs, the Kill Bill moves, Death Proof, & plan on watching more of his movies. I think I was probably less impressed by the action than I expected because of the brilliant dialogue. Don't get me wrong though, it'll be a movie I'll watch any time from here on out.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Ghost rider 2 SUCKS with a vengeance!

Quote Originally Posted by Snair View Post
    Ghost rider 2 SUCKS with a vengeance!
    You didn't need to watch it to come to that conclusion
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Watched 'The Amazing Spider-Man' last night.

I'm having a hard time deciding if it's better start to the rebooted series than the Sami Raimi Spider-Man series. One thing I'm adamant about is that Andrew Garfield is FAR too 'good looking' to play Peter Parker. Tobey Maguire actually looked like Parker from the original comics or cartoon and played the 'geek' aspect of the character much better than Garfield IMO. Having said that, Garfield's actual acting was fantastic. He's well known for playing complex characters really well and he was no different here.

Although the character, or rather the alter ego of Lizard itself, was a bit of a one dimensional villain (in comparison to Williem Defoe's Green Goblin which was a masterful portrayal IMO, or Alfred Molina's Dr Octopus), I think Rhys Ifans did well with what he had to play with, and given that Connors is a recurring character in the cartoon/comics (we often in the cartoon see Parker consult Connors if something is wrong with him physically regarding his DNA or whatever), then I hope that the same will happen here too, although it's evident that Connors is in jail for the time being at least, and so will probably not be in the next film.

I also liked that they tweaked a few things from the Sami Raimi series. Fro example, In the Raimi series, Spider-Man is able to shoot web from his wrists, which is a misconception, because in actual fact, he uses web shooters, which is corrected in the reboot. Also, I liked that they corrected the love interest of Parker in the new film. Although MJ Watson is the most notable of Parker's love interests, Gwen Stacey is in actual fact his first love interest in the comic books, and it's good to see the new series correct that too. This is also a good time to tip the hat to the chemistry between Garfield and Emma Stone, so good because of their real life relationship (lucky bastard that Garfield). I hope they don't break up anytime soon though, since there's 4 more films in the pipeline in this new series.

All in al I really enjoyed the film, and I can't wait to see how the series develops. A few things about the next installment have been revealed, such as the main and secondary villain, the introduction of Norman and Harry Osborne, I think they've also mentioned that MJ will be introduced at least in the next film, but won't have a large role.

Still not sure if it's better than the first film in the previous series, but I think it's just as good.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Still haven't got around to seeing that yet ^

Last movie I watched was 'Goon' which was a dumb predictable comedy.That was exactly what I was in the mood for so all was well. I saw that Sean William 'I'm going to be typecast as Stiffler for the rest of my career' Scott was on the cover so I knew what I was getting with it!! However dumb and predicatable it was though it was also quite charming with it, so that was nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Still haven't got around to seeing that yet ^

Last movie I watched was 'Goon' which was a dumb predictable comedy.That was exactly what I was in the mood for so all was well. I saw that Sean William 'I'm going to be typecast as Stiffler for the rest of my career' Scott was on the cover so I knew what I was getting with it!! However dumb and predicatable it was though it was also quite charming with it, so that was nice
    I can link you to a pretty much DVD quality HQ link for it if you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I can link you to a pretty much DVD quality HQ link for it if you want?
    It's cool bud, I've had it on my HDD for months anyway

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    It's cool bud, I've had it on my HDD for months anyway
    Ah fair enough! It's a good watch for a rainy day (oh, look!) or whatever