Page 383 of 541 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373381382383384385 393 433 483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 5403
    Watching The Wrestler for the first time ever tonight, and by god even know its all acting the part with "Randy The Ram" Vs Necro Butcher in the CZW arena I believe made me cringe. I've watched a few deathmatches in my time, but the way it was filmed made me cringe.

Blog Entries
    Oscar predictions for funzies.

Best film - Lincoln (Although I would give it to Zero Dark Thirty)
    Best director - Spielberg (I would give it to Kathryn Bigelow)
    Best screenplay - Tarantino
    Adapted screenplay - Guy who write Argo
    Best actor - Daniel Day Lewis (I wouldn't mind if Joaquin Phoenix won though, some of his scenes in The Master was a masterclass in acting (rage in the jail comes to mind))
    Best actress - Emmanuelle Riva

Blog Entries
    I just got done watching The Raven. I am shocked at how underwhelmed I am, it never created a mystery that someone like Edgar Allen Poe would create, it just settled at being mediocre. It was a murder scenario more fit for something like CSI, not for the big screen IMO.

Yeah, The Raven sucked, big time. Shame, too, as I had kind of high hopes for it. I was thinking it might be, qualitatively speaking, in the same vein as Johnny Depp's underrated Jack The Ripper yarn From Hell, but that didn't happen.

Sylvester Stallone has been trying to get a movie made about Edgar Allen Poe for almost a decade now, and I'm sort of wishing that that was the project that came to fruition. Stallone's actually a pretty solid writing and directing talent (and hell, Copland and Rocky Balboa show that the guy has some acting chops, too), and I feel like even if it failed, it would still have made for a more interesting film than what James McTeigue and John Cusack ended up delivering.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, The Raven sucked, big time. Shame, too, as I had kind of high hopes for it. I was thinking it might be, qualitatively speaking, in the same vein as Johnny Depp's underrated Jack The Ripper yarn From Hell, but that didn't happen.

Sylvester Stallone has been trying to get a movie made about Edgar Allen Poe for almost a decade now, and I'm sort of wishing that that was the project that came to fruition. Stallone's actually a pretty solid writing and directing talent (and hell, Copland and Rocky Balboa show that the guy has some acting chops, too), and I feel like even if it failed, it would still have made for a more interesting film than what James McTeigue and John Cusack ended up delivering.
    I agree that Stallone would have likely created a better Edgar Allen Poe movie. I hope the failure of The Raven doesn't stop people from using an Edgar Allen Poe story in the future. His work has a ton of potential to use in movies, and if done properly I think the idea of someone using his madness as an inspiration to become a serial killer had promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I agree that Stallone would have likely created a better Edgar Allen Poe movie. I hope the failure of The Raven doesn't stop people from using an Edgar Allen Poe story in the future. His work has a ton of potential to use in movies, and if done properly I think the idea of someone using his madness as an inspiration to become a serial killer had promise.
    That new FOX serial killer show, The Following, is incorporating a lot of Poe stuff into its story-lines. Unfortunately, though, the show kind of sucks, and it's not really doing justice to the material it's mining. But at least it's bringing some attention back to his stuff, so there's that, I guess.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    That new FOX serial killer show, The Following, is incorporating a lot of Poe stuff into its story-lines. Unfortunately, though, the show kind of sucks, and it's not really doing justice to the material it's mining. But at least it's bringing some attention back to his stuff, so there's that, I guess.
    I don't know if that's a good thing or not haha.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I just got done watching The Raven. I am shocked at how underwhelmed I am, it never created a mystery that someone like Edgar Allen Poe would create, it just settled at being mediocre. It was a murder scenario more fit for something like CSI, not for the big screen IMO.
    Have you seen Anonymous? It is kind of similar except with Shakespeare. It is ok and makes for a pretty interesting watch. Here is a trailer

#BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Have you seen Anonymous? It is kind of similar except with Shakespeare. It is ok and makes for a pretty interesting watch. Here is a trailer

I have not watched it yet. That movie actually looks pretty good, I might have to give it a watch... Hopefully it does Shakespeare justice.

I have Arbitrage on Bluray is it any good?

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....