Page 364 of 540 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354362363364365366 374 414 464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5399
  1. #3631
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,797
    Blog Entries
    52
    Abrams taking on Star Wars was completely unexpected to me. First the Disney buyout now this. I am looking forward to it
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  2. #3632
    Abrams is a smart, but rather boring choice. His movie will hit all of the necessary beats and provide the established Star Wars experience he's expected to deliver, but none of it will be particularly inspired. It's just going to be more of the same (albeit somewhat improved due to Lucas not writing).

    On the upside, at least it's not going to be Jon Favreau. So there's that.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  3. #3633
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,367
    Blog Entries
    6
    I had heard that Ben Affleck was a close second choice. What do you make of that? He's certainly shown some directorial chops but not in that genre.



  4. #3634
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Just learned JJ Abrams is directing the new Star Wars movie. This is great since to me he made the Star Trek franchise more interesting, and making very odd creatures come to life in the real world. So in short, so excited.
    He didn't make Star Trek more interesting so much as he just made it more palatable for a broader audience (which is to say he dumbed it down and ramped up the spectacle, thus making it less threatening and more familiar for the masses).


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  5. #3635
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,367
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    He didn't make Star Trek more interesting so much as he just made it more palatable for a broader audience (which is to say he dumbed it down and ramped up the spectacle, thus making it less threatening and more familiar for the masses).
    Anything would have been preferable to Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Anything.



  6. #3636
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I had heard that Ben Affleck was a close second choice. What do you make of that? He's certainly shown some directorial chops but not in that genre.
    Affleck is a great director, but given his track record I can't help but think his Star Wars film would have been too damn serious.

    Guillermo del Toro would have been my guy.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  7. #3637
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,367
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Affleck is a great director, but given his track record I can't help but think his Star Wars film would have been too damn serious.

    Guillermo del Toro would have been my guy.
    Imagine del Toro doing a Mos Eisley cantina type scene? That'd be awesome. I suppose with Abrams we're also guaranteed a plethora of CGI, aren't we?



  8. #3638
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Imagine del Toro doing a Mos Eisley cantina type scene? That'd be awesome. I suppose with Abrams we're also guaranteed a plethora of CGI, aren't we?
    That, and a whole fuckton of lens flares.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  9. #3639
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,367
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    That, and a whole fuckton of lens flares.
    I saw these comments elsewhere from other people. What is lens flare?



  10. #3640
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I saw these comments elsewhere from other people. What is lens flare?
    It's that light that shows up on the lens.





    My friends and I had a lens flare drinking game going for Star Trek, and we were all smashed by about the 20 minute mark.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.