Page 356 of 539 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346354355356357358 366 406 456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 5382
    The Trinity
    Just got back from watching Les Miserables, a truly amazing film. Could question the vocal abilities of Russell Crowe but I don't want to take away from the superb product that has been produced. Samantha Barks was amazing in her role of Eponine, hopefully people recognise her talent and new doors are opened it her

Watched all 4 Die Hard films, good way to spend a day off.

Yippe ki-yay!

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Light View Post
    Just got back from watching Les Miserables, a truly amazing film. Could question the vocal abilities of Russell Crowe but I don't want to take away from the superb product that has been produced. Samantha Barks was amazing in her role of Eponine, hopefully people recognise her talent and new doors are opened it her
    Hooper required live singing from the cast so that might have been the reason.

Saw Gangster Squad and I really liked it a lot. I thought the story was kind of typical for those types of movies but the acting from all the major guys made up for it a lot. I only wished they focused on some of the other members of the squad and gave them more of a backstory.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Hooper required live singing from the cast so that might have been the reason.

Saw Gangster Squad and I really liked it a lot. I thought the story was kind of typical for those types of movies but the acting from all the major guys made up for it a lot. I only wished they focused on some of the other members of the squad and gave them more of a backstory.
    Everything I've heard about Gangster Squad has been mixed. Seems it's either very good or very bad but I'm still excited to see it.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Gangster Squad was 2 hours of squandered potential. Aside from Sean Penn's somewhat memorable turn as Mickey Cohen, the stellar cast is completely wasted on an anemic script and wildly uneven direction. The whole thing is, frankly, just an utterly disposable mess.

Massive disappointment.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Gangster Squad was 2 hours of squandered potential. Aside from Sean Penn's somewhat memorable turn as Mickey Cohen, the stellar cast is completely wasted on an anemic script and wildly uneven direction. The whole thing is, frankly, just an utterly disposable mess.

Massive disappointment.
    The script was the only bad thing but it is still a big issue. The acting was the only thing that helped it
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

I FINALLY got a chance to watch Friday Night Lights & I loved it. It was cool seeing Billy Bob play a good guy here & I thought Tim McGraw was a pretty convincing a-hole dad. It was just a really cool movie to me, plus I'd read the book 4-5 years ago.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Re-watched Murder in the First

and I must say that the time since I last saw this movie did it some wonders. I did not "hate" Christian Slater in this film, but I must say for his age he did well. It's the first movie I have seen him in (other than Mobsters) that I didn't want to slap the piss out of him. Kevin Bacon did a wonderful job playing a totally fucked in the head character, which I wouldn't think to be a stretch of the imagination. Gary Oldman is pure gold, but that could be because I am a big fan of his work and think he played a wonderfully sadistic and sinister character who truly thought he was doing what was best for the inmates.

I think the best part of the film was the story. If you have ever been interested about the prison Alcatraz, it is a film that sheds light on what events helped to lead to the closing of the "Jewel of the Penal System". The movies climax was brilliant in that the funniest part of the movie is immediately followed by the most emotional part and it comes at a time when you have truly invested fully into Bacon's character. Sure, I can sit and nitpick the flaws of pacing (as well as other issues) with the movie, but if you go into the film with low expectations from this mid-90s film, you will be pleasantly surprised by how good the story as a whole is translated on film.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Watched Silver Lining Playbook last night and I thought it was pretty decent film, Bradley Cooper was good but no near enough to get an Oscar nomination. Same with the film getting a best picture nomination, crazy stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Re-watched Murder in the First

and I must say that the time since I last saw this movie did it some wonders. I did not "hate" Christian Slater in this film, but I must say for his age he did well. It's the first movie I have seen him in (other than Mobsters) that I didn't want to slap the piss out of him. Kevin Bacon did a wonderful job playing a totally fucked in the head character, which I wouldn't think to be a stretch of the imagination. Gary Oldman is pure gold, but that could be because I am a big fan of his work and think he played a wonderfully sadistic and sinister character who truly thought he was doing what was best for the inmates.

I think the best part of the film was the story. If you have ever been interested about the prison Alcatraz, it is a film that sheds light on what events helped to lead to the closing of the "Jewel of the Penal System". The movies climax was brilliant in that the funniest part of the movie is immediately followed by the most emotional part and it comes at a time when you have truly invested fully into Bacon's character. Sure, I can sit and nitpick the flaws of pacing (as well as other issues) with the movie, but if you go into the film with low expectations from this mid-90s film, you will be pleasantly surprised by how good the story as a whole is translated on film.
    Aaaaah, one of my favourite movies from my 20's. It's a bit hard going these days, but I still love the performances. Talk was that since Slater took on the role intended for River Pheonix, he donated his fee to Rivers favourite charities. Not sure it's true but who knows. Bacon and Oldman are awesome and it's a truly heart wrenching true story.