Page 346 of 531 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336344345346347348 356 396 446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 5306
  1. #3451
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Lets look at the Peter Parker character. The guy was such a bad nerd, he was socially inept and awkward in extremis. His take on the world and his emotional viewpoint were that of a 10 year old Richie Cunningham. It's hardly something you would choose to relate to the youth of today - or even 30 years ago.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  2. #3452
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,670
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    You seemed to be implying there was only one progression by which Peter Parker's story could be told, as if normal teenagers couldn't possibly be rooted in a more grounded and "gritty" world until someone died. Sorry if that's not what you were trying to say.
    I think it's bad explaining on my part. I agree that not everything in comics is set in stone. It took artists and aspiring film makers to make the Batman universe what it is today. Without 'em, we'd still be having action bubbles and goofy, campy plots. My problem with TASM is that it didn't even look like they tried to make any effort of revamping and reinterpreting Spider-Man and just cashed in on Nolan and his work with BB and TDK. That's not to say that I'm not biased though as I did appreciate Raimi's work.


  3. #3453
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I think it's bad explaining on my part. I agree that not everything in comics is set in stone. It took artists and aspiring film makers to make the Batman universe what it is today. Without 'em, we'd still be having action bubbles and goofy, campy plots. My problem with TASM is that it didn't even look like they tried to make any effort of revamping and reinterpreting Spider-Man and just cashed in on Nolan and his work with BB and TDK.
    I actually think The Amazing Spider-Man feels closer in spirit to the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie than it does Nolan's Bat flicks. Like, aside from TASM and BB and TDK all having their respective feet on the ground to some degree, I'm not seeing much of a connection. It's tenuous at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    That's not to say that I'm not biased though as I did appreciate Raimi's work.
    I don't think liking Raimi's movies should preclude one from finding things to like in Webb's, as both approaches have their meritorious facets.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  4. #3454
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,670
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I actually think The Amazing Spider-Man feels closer in spirit to the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie than it does Nolan's Bat flicks. Like, aside from TASM and BB and TDK all having their respective feet on the ground to some degree, I'm not seeing much of a connection. It's tenuous at best.
    Hmm. Never thought of it like that but I see your point there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I don't think liking Raimi's movies should preclude one from finding things to like in Webb's, as both approaches have their meritorious facets.
    Of course not. I just wanted to own up to my biased scope on both trilogies so that people wouldn't be confused in thinking that my opinion on the film is only drawn from my tastes in comic to film transition.


  5. #3455
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    They've just announced that they're making Jurassic Park 4, to be released June 13 2014,
    Thoughts?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  6. #3456
    It's kind of hard to form an opinion on a movie when a release date is all of the information available related to the project.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  7. #3457
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,643
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    It's kind of hard to form an opinion on a movie when a release date is all of the information available related to the project.
    Gotta agree. I mean, I loved Jurassic park as a kid, I thought Jurassic park 2 was ok, but I didn't like Jurassic park 3. The idea of there being another, if it goes in the trend, I would think would be bad, but given the time frame since the last ones release, my guess is it will be 3d and either a) be really good or b)be a glorified 3d movie that sucks
     

  8. #3458
    no, no, no. different actors with dinosaurs in another over-hyped mediocre 3-D movie, no thanks

  9. #3459
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,795
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    It's kind of hard to form an opinion on a movie when a release date is all of the information available related to the project.
    Rick Jaffa (Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) and Amanda Silver (Same thing) are doing the screenplay

    Michael Crichton (worked on all Jurassic Park's for dialogue, wrote the book, and a lot of other really good movies) is doing the character dialogue

    Spielberg is producing
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  10. #3460
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,156
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Rick Jaffa (Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) and Amanda Silver (Same thing) are doing the screenplay

    Michael Crichton (worked on all Jurassic Park's for dialogue, wrote the book, and a lot of other really good movies) is doing the character dialogue

    Spielberg is producing
    I hate to break it to you bud but Michael Crichton is quite dead.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.