Page 316 of 529 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306314315316317318 326 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 5288
    Blog Entries
    Can you quickly explain the beginning for me. The fuck was going on with the dude drinking that thing and decomposing?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Can you quickly explain the beginning for me. The fuck was going on with the dude drinking that thing and decomposing?
    He is what spread the toxin so no one could inhabit the planet. The design was for them to leave the planet (a testing facility for weapons) with their harvest. But they crew ran out of time before the "virus" ran its course and they could make it to the ships. The "architects" that were found outside the containment areas were supposed to be launching the ships but the virus spread so quick (thanks to the water) that it consumed the planet and attacked them. The only place for them to hold up was in the containment areas and hence the "architects" still in hypersleep pods at the end of the movie.

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    He is what spread the toxin so no one could inhabit the planet. The design was for them to leave the planet (a testing facility for weapons) with their harvest. But they crew ran out of time before the "virus" ran its course and they could make it to the ships. The "architects" that were found outside the containment areas were supposed to be launching the ships but the virus spread so quick (thanks to the water) that it consumed the planet and attacked them. The only place for them to hold up was in the containment areas and hence the "architects" still in hypersleep pods at the end of the movie.
    Ahh cheers for that, explains a lot. I still think the writers were making this shit up irrationally and just leaving for whatever interpretation people want to take it. Pissed me off they couldn't this film right, had so much potential.

Ahh cheers for that, explains a lot. I still think the writers were making this shit up irrationally and just leaving for whatever interpretation people want to take it. Pissed me off they couldn't this film right, had so much potential.
    I see what you're saying, but the answers for many of the questions are inside the movie (hence the planet being a "weapons testing facility"). Maybe it's because the movie is so fresh in my mind, having just watched it. Perhaps you should rewatch the film when you have time. I'm not sure if it'll be like Padorum in that it gets a little better the more you watch it, or Event Horizon in that the more you watch, the less you appreciate; either way, it's worth a second viewing.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I see what you're saying, but the answers for many of the questions are inside the movie (hence the planet being a "weapons testing facility"). Maybe it's because the movie is so fresh in my mind, having just watched it. Perhaps you should rewatch the film when you have time. I'm not sure if it'll be like Padorum in that it gets a little better the more you watch it, or Event Horizon in that the more you watch, the less you appreciate; either way, it's worth a second viewing.
    Sci-fi is one of my least favorite genre's so I was surprised how much I liked this film and I doubt I'll watch it again though.

What would really interest me is if someone would try adapt the book 'Dragons Egg' a hard science fiction novel, which I can't say I knew what was going on reading it but the fine detail of physics did intrigue me and would be an ambitious film to try and make.

Sci-fi is one of my least favorite genre's so I was surprised how much I liked this film and I doubt I'll watch it again though.

What would really interest me is if someone would try adapt the book 'Dragons Egg' a hard science fiction novel, which I can't say I knew what was going on reading it but the fine detail of physics did intrigue me and would be an ambitious film to try and make.
    Ah, Sci-fi is one of the genre's that I get a kick out of the most; no rules apply, your imagination it the limit. That's why shows such as Fringe, or movies like the one in question tend to be so pleasurable to watch. It's just a deeper insight into the ideas and thoughts of the persons writing the story and helps you to see just how truly creative (or twisted) they can be.

As for books I'd like to see become films, I would suggest the book in the picture. I completed it a few nights ago and found that it's a story that bends and curves, yet doesn't let you down.

According to the idea for the movie has been considered but sits in the "pile" of things to be made whereas his 4th novel (Choke - 2008) was made instead. I have not seen Choke, but I have also not read the novel, so I wouldn't know how they relation between novel and film would be.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Star Trek into Inception seems more like, nahh I'm messing.

Watched Zombieland on the netflix. What a good fun movie that is Love Bill Murrays cameo

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Watched Zombieland on the netflix. What a good fun movie that is Love Bill Murrays cameo
    That was such a fun, "kill'em all" type movie. When I want to watch Zombie movies with that "Dead Rising" element to it, I always seem to choose either that or Shaun of the Dead. Both are very fun and have a way of entertaining me on such a pure gore level.

DRG hates everyone