Page 315 of 539 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305313314315316317 325 365 415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 5382
  1. #3141
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I don't know why but I've become addicted to watching the low rent films on the SyFy and Horror channels, that they show through the night.

    Sharktopus, Pterodactyl, Supergator, Triassic Attack... How could you go wrong? Admittedly, I did like the Dinocro vs. Supergator and Komodo vs. Cobra films, but for ALL the wrong reasons.

    Anyone catch Prometheus? Just watched it and while the film isn't what the Alien franchise delivered back when they started, the film is one of the better Prequels I have seen. It answered many of the questions I had from the original series, which is what a prequel is supposed to do, isn’t it? If you have seen it, what did you think?


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  2. #3142
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Sharktopus, Pterodactyl, Supergator, Triassic Attack... How could you go wrong? Admittedly, I did like the Dinocro vs. Supergator and Komodo vs. Cobra films, but for ALL the wrong reasons.

    Anyone catch Prometheus? Just watched it and while the film isn't what the Alien franchise delivered back when they started, the film is one of the better Prequels I have seen. It answered many of the questions I had from the original series, which is what a prequel is supposed to do, isn’t it? If you have seen it, what did you think?
    I watched and i was surprised that i enjoyed it that match.The movie really gave you a good background for the story




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  3. #3143
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    I watched and i was surprised that i enjoyed it that match.The movie really gave you a good background for the story
    I thought so too. The origins of the actual species the Nostromo picked up was something I pondered and this film does an excellent job in not only telling it's own story, but giving me the payoff I have wondered since watching the original back in the late 90s. While the original was still the best, I have this one in high regards compared to several of the others. Not because it's "action packed" but because it's so unique in how it ties into the series as a whole.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #3144
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I thought so too. The origins of the actual species the Nostromo picked up was something I pondered and this film does an excellent job in not only telling it's own story, but giving me the payoff I have wondered since watching the original back in the late 90s. While the original was still the best, I have this one in high regards compared to several of the others. Not because it's "action packed" but because it's so unique in how it ties into the series as a whole.
    They succeeded to the part of making the movie being connected with the old movies, i never had the feeling of watching something different.I agree not as good as the old movies(first two) but definitely a good story




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  5. #3145
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    They succeeded to the part of making the movie being connected with the old movies, i never had the feeling of watching something different.I agree not as good as the old movies(first two) but definitely a good story
    I felt as though the movie had it's own identity in the story that it told. The idea of "meeting your maker" was a great way to divert the direction of where it's roots stand to the original series. While I say it's not as good as the original, I will have to watch Aliens again to see where it stands next to the original sequel. At this moment, I have it tied for number 2, but netflicks will help me to determine the final hierarchy.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  6. #3146
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,258
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Anyone catch Prometheus? Just watched it and while the film isn't what the Alien franchise delivered back when they started, the film is one of the better Prequels I have seen. It answered many of the questions I had from the original series, which is what a prequel is supposed to do, isn’t it? If you have seen it, what did you think?
    I don't know man, maybe just how the actual Alien came in to shape was it but other than that, I was fucking clueless (more clueless than usual) on some of that shit. It was as almost the writers put chunks in that film just so they can answer it in the squeal and that was frequent too many time in Prometheus which kind of ruined the film.

    Buuut excluding the bad narrative, the film is one of the best I've seen this year (slightly underrated by people because of the confusing story probably), the CGI and set design was really good, directing was solid, acting was good (especially the main girl and Fassbender).

  7. #3147
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,258
    Blog Entries
    14

  8. #3148
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Loving his new costume,the traditional costume just won't cut in today's world.

  9. #3149
    Top gun (1986)-I never get tired of watching this movie.

  10. #3150
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I don't know man, maybe just how the actual Alien came in to shape was it but other than that, I was fucking clueless (more clueless than usual) on some of that shit. It was as almost the writers put chunks in that film just so they can answer it in the squeal and that was frequent too many time in Prometheus which kind of ruined the film.

    Buuut excluding the bad narrative, the film is one of the best I've seen this year (slightly underrated by people because of the confusing story probably), the CGI and set design was really good, directing was solid, acting was good (especially the main girl and Fassbender).
    I can see your point, but the origin of the original Alien was the biggest question to be answered. The following questions I had were involving the reason why they seemed to be "stalking" the humans in the first place. Was it caused by them starting colonies on their home planet? If so, why did it stalk Ridley in the first place or even send out the transmission? Why did it want them there so badly? Was it just a "chance" encounter? The answer for me lied in the desire for them to have humans (or our DNA more specifically) to bear offspring for the stages of their evolution as the process occurs at a faster rate. It also put to rest the theory that LV-426 wasn't their "home planet" as they evolved from, rather that their origins were a bit more "sinister". I am trying to avoid spoilers, but I think that many of the questions I had from the original always pertained to the Alien in general; the explanation for why the Nostromo was in space in the first place was answered in the first movie, and why they went back to LV-426 was covered in the second.

    I can see how many would be confused by the storyline though. In relation to the original and sequels, nothing in general was mentioned to the activities that resulted from the franchise, but that was by design of the prequel. It is unknown how much time elapsed between the Prometheus expedition and Ridley with her crew. But the idea of what was stored on inside of the "bunkers" inside of this movie gives a vast idea as to why they encountered such a creature. However they’re definite moments where you sat back and say "WTF?" to yourself trying to piece the story together as a whole. As for your final paragraph, I am in full agreement and I think you worded it perfectly.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.