Page 308 of 519 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 5189
    Blog Entries
    Walter Hill. I still have vivid memories of watching The Warriors with him on commentary. I learned a lot from that. Also, he made Crossroads! I wasn't aware he also did Trespass though (just looking him up atm) - that was a very underrated and little seen gem.

The Warriors is pretty awesome (as is Rockstar's PS2 game based on the movie), and I think that Streets of Fire and Last Man Standing get kind of slept on, too. Hill is an underrated talent who had his hand in a lot of the best and most iconic stuff to come out of the 80s, and it's sort of a shame to see him not more prolific these days. I don't think this Stallone flick is going to be the project that brings him back to the forefront, but it sure would be swell if it did.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    Haha, I still have the game and my PS2 around as things I want to one day "get around to". I played some of it and really enjoyed it but life gets in the way of gaming sometimes. I've always been quite fascinated with the modern day gangs of New York that actually did exist like this around that time, but unfortunately there's very little literature on it.

Interesting to see Hill as producer of Prometheus as well as the original Alien, and a couple of the sequels.

Some of this was filmed in Glasgow. Probably 'coz it's filled with zombies IRL, . Nah, that's petty cool though - that it was filmed there.

Blog Entries
    Skyfall

Went to check it out and I gotta say, Kid Kash is a pretty good James Bond. I give the movie 3 out of 4 slammys due to the excellent action sequences. I was however expecting Sean Connery to be the old guy keeping up the old house in Scotland. Ah well, gearing up to see Lincoln on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Ah well, gearing up to see Lincoln on Saturday.
    That movie has academy award written all over it.

I watched a little indie horror called Black Sheep, and it was a hoot! Brilliant story, well acted, traditional practical gore effects. I was well impressed. I don't know whether it was just because they're both made in New Zealand, and have similar style gore, but it reminded be so much of the classic Brain Dead. So I watched that again too!

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    That movie has academy award written all over it.
    Daniel Day Fucking Lewis is the man

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Daniel Day Fucking Lewis is the man
    I never seen him in a bad movie.. Gangs of New York, There will be Blood, and even The Last of the Mohicans.. I literally never seen him in a bad movie. I'm sure Lincoln will be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I never seen him in a bad movie.. Gangs of New York, There will be Blood, and even The Last of the Mohicans.. I literally never seen him in a bad movie. I'm sure Lincoln will be no different.
    I really liked him in the movie "In the name of the father" too

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....