Page 6 of 520 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Still not really sure what a cult classic movie is

Sátántangó
    As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty
    Army of Darkness
    cyberpunk movies in general (Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Videodrome, Ghost in the Shell, Matrix, Casshern etc)
    Movies that don't achieve fame outside of their "small" fanbase? My best guess.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    They played Dazed and confused here a few days ago

Also: Dawn of the dead, and The Shawshank Redemption.

Blog Entries
    Still not really sure what a cult classic movie is
    A movie that doesn't do shit at the theater but becomes huge at home.

The movie discussion thread

The cinematic equivalent to the "listening to" thread - because we cinephiles like to wave our dicks around too

32 Short Films About Glenn Gould (1993) - Exactly what it says on the tin... It's a nice kaleidoscopic insight into the life, career and music of the Canadian pianist Glenn Gould in 32 short, unconnected segments. (31 actually - the 32nd is just the end credits.) 7/10

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    I just watched True Grit. It was an awesome movie, highly recommended. That movie got me in the mood for westerns so I even watch Unforgiven right after it. That movie could be the best western ever made, period.

on a side note I watch the documentarty Dream Deceivers: The Story Behind James Vance vs Judas Priest. i know most of you on here like heavy metal (death metal for some *looking at Bodom*)
    Basically "Dream Deceivers" tells the story of two teenagers who tried to shoot themselves in 1985. One of them died, the other one, James Vance, survived horribly disfigured. In 1990 Judas Priest, one of the kids' favorite bands, were taken to court and accused of putting subliminal messages into their songs (or more specifically into their version of "Better By You, Better Than Me") that would drive their fans to suicide.
    It takes less than an hour to reveal the hyprocrisy of the whole trial. It's unbelievable that this case ever came to trial in the first place and it's shocking to learn about the troubled childhood of James Vance and his friend. The scariest thing, however, is that we as a race always tend to look for obvious "monsters" to put the blame on. Making bands responsible for misguided kids is comparable to witch-hunts in the middle ages. You could say this is just a portrayal of the American society in the late 80's/early 90's, but I don't think things have changed all that much. These days it's Marilyn Manson or Eminem or anybody who questions the American government in any way. There's always someone to point the finger at. Freedom of speech is still at stake.
    Its on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    I just watched True Grit. It was an awesome movie, highly recommended. That movie got me in the mood for westerns so I even watch Unforgiven right after it. That movie could be the best western ever made, period.
    I'm really looking forward to True Grit being released to cinemas over here. For me, the films of the Coen brothers really started to decline in quality after The Big Lebowski, as it seemed like they were either trying to be overly pretentious, or they had put the filmmaking process into autopilot mode and let it veer into self-parody. While I wasn't a fan of Burn After Reading, No Country For Old Men and A Serious Man were both stunning returns to form - you could tell they had been putting in more effort into being original, instead of trying to rip off Barton Fink or Fargo or whatever.

Unforgiven is good, but far from the best western ever. My top five:
    1. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - Great story, great filmmaking, extraordinary soundtrack
    2. The Wild Bunch (1969) - Perhaps the most stylish one, and pretty violent IIRC
    3. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (1966) - It's like every frame was crafted to be as badass as possible.
    4. The Searchers (1956) - An utterly goregous looking film
    5. The Ox-Bow Incident (1943) - More like a prototype of the revisionist western meets film noir, really dark and atmospheric

4. The Searchers (1956) - An utterly goregous looking film
    This film put me in love with Westerns.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Banned
    I'm really looking forward to True Grit being released to cinemas over here.
    Bro you do know your on the internets? here is a link and it will give you a bunch of links to watch True Grit. I really like the player in putlocker.com but any of them will work.

http://www.moviewatch.in/watch-2265049-True-Grit cut and paste my friend and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    Bro you do know your on the internets? here is a link and it will give you a bunch of links to watch True Grit. I really like the player in putlocker.com but any of them will work.

http://www.moviewatch.in/watch-2265049-True-Grit cut and paste my friend and enjoy
    Thanks for the link, but I think I'm gonna wait and watch this one on the big screen. And I suspect the internet copies so far would all be cam versions, yeah? I can't be done with 'em, personally.

Banned
    Thanks for the link, but I think I'm gonna wait and watch this one on the big screen. And I suspect the internet copies so far would all be cam versions, yeah? I can't be done with 'em, personally.
    IPEEINTHESHOWER DOESN'T watch "cam versions" of movies man. The putlocker.com version is HQ. But it would be awesome to see on the big screen.
    on a side note, that link has all the new movies on it, it usually takes a day after the release but it will show up for sure and most of the time its HQ not "cam versions."
    on another side note, you know you can hook up your laptop/computer to your TV. If IPEEINTHESHOWER can do it, anyone can do it.