Page 270 of 520 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 5194
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm not seeing any image, Droo. What'chu talkin' 'bout?
    Hmmm. Sorry about that. I could see the image. Weird. Anyway, I've changed it, it was The Warlords.

I quite enjoyed this. Has really good fight/battle scenes that you'd expect, with epic grand scale production vision, but, with a really emotionally intimate story of brotherhood, and armies of war. I got pretty gripped with emotion at times. Felt for most of the main characters, some at different times during the film, and how this intimate story between just small groups of people, and where they came from, ultimately means nothing to the Lords and Emperors/esses creating these wars.

Blog Entries
    Did what I thought I would never do, I saw the remake of Total Recall. It felt like the difference between The Fugitive and US Marshals, the same story at the core, but an entirely different outer shell. Worst part is they missed out many of the parts that made the original so memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Did what I thought I would never do, I saw the remake of Total Recall. It felt like the difference between The Fugitive and US Marshals, the same story at the core, but an entirely different outer shell. Worst part is they missed out many of the parts that made the original so memorable.
    Was the chick with the 3 tits in it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    Was the chick with the 3 tits in it?
    Yep, hot aswell and "spoiler alert" she doesn't get killed lol

Death By Hanging (1968, Nagisa Oshima) - 9.5/10

Electric Dragon 80,000V (2001, Sogo Ishii) - 8/10 - 3rd viewing, absolutely adore this film's aesthetic. Such an awesome style that the substance doesn't even matter. Such a shame it's only 50mins long. I think akbar should watch this (curtains drawn, volume up full-blast)

PTU: Police Tactical Unit (2003, Johnnie To) - 7.5/10 - Way cooler than Election and Exiled, more stylish + gritty too. Makes me want to play Sleeping Dogs even though I know I can't invest the time into it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    Death By Hanging (1968, Nagisa Oshima) - 9.5/10

Electric Dragon 80,000V (2001, Sogo Ishii) - 8/10 - 3rd viewing, absolutely adore this film's aesthetic. Such an awesome style that the substance doesn't even matter. Such a shame it's only 50mins long. I think akbar should watch this (curtains drawn, volume up full-blast)

PTU: Police Tactical Unit (2003, Johnnie To) - 7.5/10 - Way cooler than Election and Exiled, more stylish + gritty too. Makes me want to play Sleeping Dogs even though I know I can't invest the time into it
    You love your weird Asian films init? Lol

I'm more interested in watching Death by hanging cause it sounds really interesting and you rate it so highly.

Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

I actually kind of had the complete opposite reaction to PTU (though I'm admittedly not real big on Election, either). Thought the whole thing seemed kind of slapdash and minor, and all of the stylistic flourishes felt like that of a Johnnie To knock-off - sort of an amusing position, I guess, considering that there's probably an argument or two to be made for To being a bit of a successful knock-off artist in his own right- going through what they believed to be the motions. Didn't really come across as the work of a fully-engaged artist invested in the material. Not a bad watch by any stretch; just a disappointing work from a guy whose capable of much better, in my opinion.

There are a shit-ton of sequels in this series, aren't there? Haven't heard too much about them and just could never be bothered.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    I watched about half of Clerks again the other day. Well there's a movie that hasn't stood well to the test of time. My main grievances with the movie are;

*the dialogue. While at times, well written and witty, the entire thing is pretty much let down all of the time by the delivery. The actors sound like they're either trying to get their long winded piece of script out before they forget it or are attempting to say it all in one breath. It hardly ever sounds natural.

*Randall. The character: a douchebag. The 'actor': seems like he might be pretty close to the character. I can't believe I never noticed how fucking terrible this guy is - I even thought he was somewhat cool.

*the 90's. Looking back at this film we so revered back then - makes me hate myself back then. A lot of the things I remember from that time that we were into make me cringe and die a little inside. I now find all that earnestly contemplating our navel stuff to be horseshit. The whole idea that discussing slightly contentious issues or talking frankly about sex makes you somehow cool or hardcore is just embarrassing. But that's me.

There's the upside - Kevin Smith did pretty well for the budget and the bargain basement 'talent' he had available to him. It's not all bad. It has moments. But shit - if future generations look to this as any sort of frame of reference for what we were doing back then? I'll be too shamefaced to attend that dance, sorry.

I can't fucking stand Dante in either one of those movies. The dude that plays him is just the worst. And in the sequel, I'm really supposed to believe that he at one point nailed Rosario Dawson?!? Haha yeah, okay.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Blog Entries
    I know. Rosario must have some low standards. But a lot of Smith films feature guys punching well above their weight. His plastic anorexic wife (who for some reason, people maintain is attractive), who (of course!) features in the sequel, must have fooled Kev into believing that the chubby geeky guy CAN end up with the girl, no matter how whiny and self involved they are. Or some girl, at least.

He could have picked someone more believable - like Chloe Sivegny or even Selma Blair. People can believe that they might sink so low.