Page 212 of 539 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202210211212213214 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 5388
    Blog Entries
    Oh so if I was to say.... "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man....now I really hate him!" or "Skin them smoke wagons and see what happens" you'd know what I was talking about and the 4 great actors involved in these scenes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Oh so if I was to say.... "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man....now I really hate him!" or "Skin them smoke wagons and see what happens" you'd know what I was talking about and the 4 great actors involved in these scenes.
    I realise the question isn't for me but this guy ain't replying so I'm going to take a shout: Val Kilmar, Harry Carey, Kurt Russell and Charlton Heston?

Blog Entries
    Anyone see the ending of Insidious?

The part with the Old Women getting closer by the pictures scared the life out of me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I realise the question isn't for me but this guy ain't replying so I'm going to take a shout: Val Kilmar, Harry Carey, Kurt Russell and Charlton Heston?
    The two bolded - wtf? lolol Got the other 2 right though - although they were in separate scenes here

Blog Entries
    The two bolded - wtf? lolol Got the other 2 right though - although they were in separate scenes here
    I googled the first name and I Sweaaarrrrrr I saw Heston in that film?

Blog Entries
    No, not Tombstone. Or Harry Carey I don't think! You Googled Val Kilmer and still managed to spell it wrong?

Blog Entries
    No, not Tombstone. Or Harry Carey I don't think! You Googled Val Kilmer and still managed to spell it wrong?
    No I just googled Harry Carey and he is in the film. Lol

Blog Entries
    Not as part of those dialogues though. Are you sure you're looking at the 1993 version?

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah I see him now.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I'll bite. What's number 1? (if someone hasn't beaten me to asking...)

OK, first - I loved District 9 for one of the same reasons you did - it caught me off guard. Watched it a few times since and was equally impressed. Now I know that some people really DON'T like it, so I have come to reconcile that it's one of those movies that's either really liked or hated - or possibly not 'hated' but suffers from the "I don't know what people were raving about" syndrome. Sharlto Copley is excellent in it.

I am fairly individual in my movie tastes, in that I'll watch anything to some level of enjoyment. If it's crap, it's crap but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I might go as far as to say "that movie was terrible!" or whatever but I rarely wish for my time back. In fact, I actively seek out bad movies sometimes. You occasionally discover hidden gems that way.

But basically, I have two criteria when watching movies - 1) you have to be able to suspend your own belief and 2) you need to be ready to believe anything. Now, they might sound like they're the same thing but they're slightly, and importantly, different. And it's the responsibility of the viewer, not the movie or the movie maker, to possess those qualities going in - otherwise you set yourself up for disappointment. It's not their fault for making a crap movie - it was my choice to roll the dice and take a chance on it. I'm much happier with this understanding.
    On the topic of District 9, I am one of those that HATED the movie. The previews made it look good, I went to see it in theaters, and I walked out 3/4 of the way through