Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kofi Kingston

I'm on the fence here. On one hand, I completely agree that as a talented performer and a hardworking dude, he 1000% deserves to be on the card. As Kofi Kingston, the character, the guy whos been clapping and yelling BOOM to nauseam for 5 years, with a face gimmick so stale that it makes Sheamus' seem stomachable, I can see why he's off the card.

Cody grew a mustache. Cena lost the jorts. Miz grew out his hair. Barret changed his music and his finisher. Good lord, Kofi needs to change SOMETHING. Cole called him a Wildcat for two weeks, but I refuse to count that. Until he brings something new to the table, I can see why he's left off the menu. He's desperately due for a haircut, some less bright ring gear (pants?!), and a heel turn. Of course, in my humble opinion.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Very well said regarding Kofi. His inability to reinvent himself has resulted in him getting stale. Also, he really needs to work on improving his mic skills. On another note, Kofi's gimmick reminds me of a modernized version of Koko Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by El T Draino 316 View Post
    I'm on the fence here. On one hand, I completely agree that as a talented performer and a hardworking dude, he 1000% deserves to be on the card. As Kofi Kingston, the character, the guy whos been clapping and yelling BOOM to nauseam for 5 years, with a face gimmick so stale that it makes Sheamus' seem stomachable, I can see why he's off the card.

Cody grew a mustache. Cena lost the jorts. Miz grew out his hair. Barret changed his music and his finisher. Good lord, Kofi needs to change SOMETHING. Cole called him a Wildcat for two weeks, but I refuse to count that. Until he brings something new to the table, I can see why he's left off the menu. He's desperately due for a haircut, some less bright ring gear (pants?!), and a heel turn. Of course, in my humble opinion.

I have nothing against Kofi as a talent. The thing I hate about Kofi is that he's in this limbo where he's not good enough to be pushed further than he is, but he's treated as being better than the rest of the midcard faces. The only midcarders besides Kofi who aren't booked like total jobbers are Miz, R-Truth, and to some extent Khali, and that's only because they're coasting on the heat from their past main event pushes. Whenever a heel needs a win against a somewhat credible opponent, it's ALWAYS Kofi. I don't see why someone like Santino, Alex Riley, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu or Justin Gabriel can't get that same treatment. I honestly think ALL of them should be booked at Kofi's level to give the appearance of a deeper roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Haha. I have nothing against his hair - just making random suggestions for him to change himself up a bit. Maybe we'll see that awesome, GIF-worthy hair you feel so strongly about on the preshow.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    I have nothing against Kofi as a talent. The thing I hate about Kofi is that he's in this limbo where he's not good enough to be pushed further than he is, but he's treated as being better than the rest of the midcard faces. The only midcarders besides Kofi who aren't booked like total jobbers are Miz, R-Truth, and to some extent Khali, and that's only because they're coasting on the heat from their past main event pushes. Whenever a heel needs a win against a somewhat credible opponent, it's ALWAYS Kofi. I don't see why someone like Santino, Alex Riley, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu or Justin Gabriel can't get that same treatment. I honestly think ALL of them should be booked at Kofi's level to give the appearance of a deeper roster.
    This to infinity.

Haha. I have nothing against his hair - just making random suggestions for him to change himself up a bit. Maybe we'll see that awesome, GIF-worthy hair you feel so strongly about on the preshow.
    xD I hope so. He, and many others, remind me the deep and rich history behind those glorious dreadlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    This to infinity.

xD I hope so. He, and many others, remind me the deep and rich history behind those glorious dreadlocks.
    Pretty rude of me to suggest he chop off that living, fashionable gold, even in passing. Quick side note: I gave Kofi crap for not doing anything new to his appearance, has anyone noticed he's got quite the tattoo collection surfacing? Maybe hanging out with Punk is rubbing off on him.

Pretty rude of me to suggest he chop off that living, fashionable gold, even in passing. Quick side note: I gave Kofi crap for not doing anything new to his appearance, has anyone noticed he's got quite the tattoo collection surfacing? Maybe hanging out with Punk is rubbing off on him.
    Yeah. I though I was going crazy thinking he always had those tattoos on his back. xD Some characters down his spine and I think wings on his traps. Too bad they aren't colored, they sort of bland into his skin. I wish they did something when his "wild side" came out and they were calling him the Wildcat. WWE usually has rather awesome nicknames for their wrestlers like "The Great American Nightmare."