Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Worst main event of wrestlemania

    I'm not quite a historian but I have been following the wwe for well over ten years ( never watched anything from 2005-2009)
    So my question is what do you think was the worst main event of wrestle-mania and do you think that this years Rock VS Cena can top that?

    In my opinion last years main event was the worst I've ever witnessed and I am expecting this year's rock vs cena is going to top that but I sincerely hope it won't and wwe can do something make it interesting for us.

    BTW, the match I am looking forward to the most is Henry VS Ryback ( I don't know but I think it would be very competitive match )

  2. #2
    Toss up between Hogan v Yokozuna at WM IX or Hogan v Bundy at WM 2 or Taylor v Bigelow at WM XI.

    I'm sure the WWE can stomach the disappointment of the Drive By IWC if this years Mania does numbers like last year.

  3. #3
    Either Lawrence Taylor vs Bam BAm Bigelow which was chosen as a main event over HBK vs Diesel (Nash) at Mania XI or Hogan vs King Kong Bundy at Mania II were my worse two.

    I dont think Rock vs Cena II will get close to being as bad as these two!

  4. #4
    The Trinity URATOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the phone to yo momma
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by marooned View Post
    I'm not quite a historian but I have been following the wwe for well over ten years ( never watched anything from 2005-2009)
    So my question is what do you think was the worst main event of wrestle-mania and do you think that this years Rock VS Cena can top that?

    In my opinion last years main event was the worst I've ever witnessed and I am expecting this year's rock vs cena is going to top that but I sincerely hope it won't and wwe can do something make it interesting for us.

    BTW, the match I am looking forward to the most is Henry VS Ryback ( I don't know but I think it would be very competitive match )
    Rock vs Cena II will be better than several Mania Main Events. You are looking at two guys who have been on the top rung of the industry for pushing a decade each. Love or hate the characters, these guys will put on a huge match. But hey, if you want to go in to viewing it with your negative, jaded, trying to be cool by hating attitude, then yes, it will blow for you. Best you don't order the PPV and then you don't have to worry.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Rock vs Cena II will be better than several Mania Main Events. You are looking at two guys who have been on the top rung of the industry for pushing a decade each. Love or hate the characters, these guys will put on a huge match. But hey, if you want to go in to viewing it with your negative, jaded, trying to be cool by hating attitude, then yes, it will blow for you. Best you don't order the PPV and then you don't have to worry.
    I just watch it for the sake of getting entertained so lets put it that way..Of all the mania main events I've watched by now, Rock vs Cena was least entertaining to me and I can only hope they can put on something better this year. Can we even compare that with something like Kurt Angle vs Brock lesnar NEVER you can't even call it a wrestling match, its just over hyped poor drama

  6. #6
    Black Ninja! TTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Shield HQ
    Posts
    6,215
    HHH vs Randy Orton at WM 25

    A STAR WAS BORN!!!! #ThankYouBrock

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by marooned View Post
    I just watch it for the sake of getting entertained so lets put it that way..Of all the mania main events I've watched by now, Rock vs Cena was least entertaining to me and I can only hope they can put on something better this year. Can we even compare that with something like Kurt Angle vs Brock lesnar NEVER you can't even call it a wrestling match, its just over hyped poor drama




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  8. #8
    Super Member PrimusSucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Red Rock, Texas
    Posts
    798
    Blog Entries
    2
    ITT: A mark who thinks a wrestling match can't be good without 5,000 moves.

  9. #9
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by marooned View Post
    I'm not quite a historian but I have been following the wwe for well over ten years ( never watched anything from 2005-2009)
    So my question is what do you think was the worst main event of wrestle-mania and do you think that this years Rock VS Cena can top that?

    In my opinion last years main event was the worst I've ever witnessed and I am expecting this year's rock vs cena is going to top that but I sincerely hope it won't and wwe can do something make it interesting for us.

    BTW, the match I am looking forward to the most is Henry VS Ryback ( I don't know but I think it would be very competitive match )
    I'll admit that this years card is looking a bit shallow the only matches I really have hope for are Taker/Punk and Henry/Ryback, though I have a feeling their going to have Henry lose when I'd much prefer he beat Ryback. And while I'm looking forward to a rock/cena rematch even less then I was looking forward to the 'once in a lifetime meeting' its going to be very far from the worst match wrestlemania has seen, main event or not.

    I saw you mentioned Lesnar/Angle but just go look up lesnar/goldberg to see how bad a massively hyped wrestlemania match can be. Or Undertaker and his painfully terrible match with giant gonzales, marking that apart from HBK Undertaker is probably the greatest wrestlemania performer of all time.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.