Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Moves that have been banned from wrestling

Due to a history of neck injuries associated with the pile driver Kane and the Undertaker are the only wrestlers allowed to use that move in WWE.

I think WWE and TNA also recently banned unprotected chair shots to the head due to concussions.

What other moves can you think of that have been banned?

What are some moves that you rarely see anymore?

Scott Steiner's screwdriver I had heard wcw banned it because it was the move that broke Buff Bagwell's neck, and even when he was in TNA he rarely used it.

Blog Entries
    I believe jackknife powerbombs are banned. The Burning Hammer was also banned, but now they let Tyler Reks use a watered down version of it, but not the original for safety reasons.
    Also, The Vertabreaker(I think Homicide does this, can't really remember), Tiger driver, running Powerbombs(because D'Lo Brown broke Droz's neck with this, and left him quadriplegic). Well thats all I can think of for now.

I'm sure the WWE has a list longer than Jericho's Man of 1004 moves list. I understand they want to protect their investments, I mean wrestlers, but maybe they should allow moves that look cool and have their "superstars" train better and actually execute them safely. I remember when Big Lazy had the Jacknife "banned" because he couldn't lift the Giant. I'm suprised he didn't tear his quad while doing it.

Blog Entries
    The shooting star press used tp be banned but they let Evan Bourne use it as he can obviously pull it off safely.

Blog Entries
    I seem to remember hearing about the 450 Splash being banned with Juvi being the last being able to do it. Obviously now Gabriel does it... although he looks like hes about to crap his pants everytime he sets it up.

JohNNy PhaNtom "The Perfectionist"
    Best Wrestler ive ever seen in person: ULTIMO DRAGON
    www.WRASSLE.net If your into E-feds. Check it out!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPhantom View Post
    I seem to remember hearing about the 450 Splash being banned with Juvi being the last being able to do it. Obviously now Gabriel does it... although he looks like hes about to crap his pants everytime he sets it up.
    Thats so true! Everytime he'd set it up on Cena i remember looking at his face and seeing fear, but who wouldnt if youu know Cena will be put over youu sooner or later.

I remember the story about WWE's supposed ban on chest chops because the WOOOO's reminded people of Ric Flair who was in TNA. Then someone did a chest chop the very next week.... then the next week.... the week after that etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    I remember the story about WWE's supposed ban on chest chops because the WOOOO's reminded people of Ric Flair who was in TNA. Then someone did a chest chop the very next week.... then the next week.... the week after that etc.
    Yeah that was really dumb. I think that's the only thing that the Big Show can do anymore that is intimidating. He just acts like a smilin mongoloid now. However, I wouldn't want to get smacked with one of those hubcap sized paws.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMhuw24 View Post
    Thats so true! Everytime he'd set it up on Cena i remember looking at his face and seeing fear, but who wouldnt if youu know Cena will be put over youu sooner or later.
    I lold hard at that one :P
    He covers it up well by giving us that evil grin on his face before he hits it.