Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My opinion is I always thought the president was Bully Ray and everything was revolving that way. It was also kind of obvious that Wes, D-Lo and Garrett were in on it. But to me it was TOO OBVIOUS to be working out that way, so I was waiting for a swerve. No swerve. I think it was all long term booking. Good job.

This is actually an example of booking in advance this storyline i would think was planned well in advance and is shaping up nicely.

i think it was booked. cause it started around the time his contract was up and maybe this was a way they got him to sign again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    They really did do themselves a good service with this. I still think Bully is the head of a faction of dead weight, but they did a fairly good job of it.
    Disagree with the bolded statement for three reasons:

1.) DOC can be great if TNA really gives him a chance. Let him be the monster enforcer that he can be and then let him have a nice run with the Television title. His promos are pretty good, he's very good in the ring for a big man, and he has always made his characters believable from Imposter Kane to Festus to Luke Gallows to DOC. I think DOC's biggest problem is not getting enough of the spotlight. I'd like for Bully to take DOC under his wing in Aces and Eights and convince him to really let his inner monster come out.

2.) Devon-His promos might not be the best, although since he joined Aces and Eights they've been very good, he can still deliver in the ring and is a legend in the wrestling industry.

3.) Wes Briscoe-I think it is too early to say what Briscoe can, or will, be. He is pretty good in the ring from what I've seen, but he hasn't really been given the chance with the microphone.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post

1.) DOC can be great if TNA really gives him a chance. Let him be the monster enforcer that he can be and then let him have a nice run with the Television title. His promos are pretty good, he's very good in the ring for a big man, and he has always made his characters believable from Imposter Kane to Festus to Luke Gallows to DOC. I think DOC's biggest problem is not getting enough of the spotlight. I'd like for Bully to take DOC under his wing in Aces and Eights and convince him to really let his inner monster come out.

2.) Devon-His promos might not be the best, although since he joined Aces and Eights they've been very good, he can still deliver in the ring and is a legend in the wrestling industry.

3.) Wes Briscoe-I think it is too early to say what Briscoe can, or will, be. He is pretty good in the ring from what I've seen, but he hasn't really been given the chance with the microphone.
    Really agree with you...Hey even Garrett is good in there...he is a guy that will get booed cus no one really likes him and that comes over on tv making him a believe heel even when he isn't that great...then one day we notice he can actually do a lot better than before.

Mr Anderson has been given a new lease of life with this stable....Yes at the end he will be one of the worst off of the whole group but better than doing nothing.

Only bit of real dead weight in this stable is Knox ( and yes people TNA had his name on the Lockdown match card as knox not knux...clearly people don't understand the way tazz is saying it....rant over) He just doesn't have a chance...Him and DOC are the same kinda guy....just DOC is way better.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post

About Doc, he started off perfectly fine. But with every person revealed, his role seems to have diminished into it's usual trend of big fall guy. Him and Knox/Knux/Lnux whatever they want to call him, could probably make a fairly good team, but I don't really see him doing much after a while. Just sort of there.

I don't really see the need for Taz(z)(zz), D'Lo, AND Devon. I figure they brought in Devon to be the talker, and while he was good - D'Lo, is simply the better of the two. He has a belt that he does little to nothing with except walk around with it(Devon); Taz just seems to be there since he's out on commentary, and D'Lo, well, D'Lo has been fine in his role. They could drop Taz and Devon and nothing would be amiss, in my opinion. They really only need one talker outside of Bully, and D'Lo has both the mic skills AND rank in the group to do that.

Wes DID, and it looked like he was reading off a teleprompter the way his eyes kept cutting to the side during his promo on Kurt before D'Lo was revealed. He didn't impress me too much; him and Garrett could probably be a good tag-team though - though, I don't think Bischoff is going to do much.

TNA has completely killed my interest in Anderson at this point. He, imo, seems fairly out of place in Aces and Eights, and seems to just be there because he was just sitting around. TNA gives him heel/face changes so much, it's hard to care about anything he's going to do.

--

Ideally, Bully, D'Lo, Doc(TV Champion/Tag Champ), Knox(Tag Champ with Doc), Garret/Wes(If Doc is TV Champ, then they can be tag champs), Ivelisse(KO Champ), and a X-Divison guy is really all they need.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    I thought the same watching it, I can't believe that they booked that far in advance and it all paid off, If they did then well done, WWE could do with taking note on long term booking like that. Although I still stand by it being mostly luck/
    In a sense or way WWE is doing the long term booking with Brock Lesner, The Rock and several others....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    I'm going say it sorta both genius and luck.... One got to think they did the same thing when Hogan came in 2 and 1/2 years ago... with the whole Immortal storyline.... It had it high and low points might not been a great success but it did the job....
    Same for the Aces and 8s storyline it been good, but also had it iffy moments.. Overall it was planned out way better then the Immortal, with the signing of the free agents DoC, Knux, Wes Brisco, they way they pulled and worked the Devon angle and then being revealed as member of Aces and 8s, with Garrett being angry for being held back, Mr Ken Anderson injury angle and then Aces showing sympathy of sort towards him.... then Bully and all the things he done for the past year muniplating people to his advantage...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Anyone remember the story posted on here....maybe it was an interview with Dixie Carter but basically one of the plans of the next year was to get better on story continuity. I think someone mentioned to her the story about Samoa Joe and the ninjas as an example of how bad it was. I think the whole storyline was booked but agree that the part with Bobby Roode accusing Storm of being the leader of Aces and Eights being attributed to Bully was backwards writing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    About Doc, he started off perfectly fine. But with every person revealed, his role seems to have diminished into it's usual trend of big fall guy. Him and Knox/Knux/Lnux whatever they want to call him, could probably make a fairly good team, but I don't really see him doing much after a while. Just sort of there.

I don't really see the need for Taz(z)(zz), D'Lo, AND Devon. I figure they brought in Devon to be the talker, and while he was good - D'Lo, is simply the better of the two. He has a belt that he does little to nothing with except walk around with it(Devon); Taz just seems to be there since he's out on commentary, and D'Lo, well, D'Lo has been fine in his role. They could drop Taz and Devon and nothing would be amiss, in my opinion. They really only need one talker outside of Bully, and D'Lo has both the mic skills AND rank in the group to do that.

Wes DID, and it looked like he was reading off a teleprompter the way his eyes kept cutting to the side during his promo on Kurt before D'Lo was revealed. He didn't impress me too much; him and Garrett could probably be a good tag-team though - though, I don't think Bischoff is going to do much.

TNA has completely killed my interest in Anderson at this point. He, imo, seems fairly out of place in Aces and Eights, and seems to just be there because he was just sitting around. TNA gives him heel/face changes so much, it's hard to care about anything he's going to do.

--

Ideally, Bully, D'Lo, Doc(TV Champion/Tag Champ), Knox(Tag Champ with Doc), Garret/Wes(If Doc is TV Champ, then they can be tag champs), Ivelisse(KO Champ), and a X-Divison guy is really all they need.
    Maybe they don't need Devon, but he gave them that credibility they needed before anyone else was revealed. As far as Anderson goes I don't even acknowledge him on the Impact! roster anymore. I still haven't seen enough of Briscoe to give up on him or not. I will never give up on DOC because I feel DOC can be big money if TNA doesn't squander him.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!