Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Genius booking or luck?

I was watching this past weeks episode of TNA and as bully ray was going through the history of the Aces & Eights and how we got to where we are today, it got me thinking if there really was a long term plan for booking in place.

From months ago when Hogan turned Garrett away to be considered in a contenders match (this came not long after releasing Garretts 'mentor' Devon) further fueling Bischoff's hatred for Hogan. Or when Al Snow wasn't there on the night of Wes Brisco's gutcheck. D'lo stepped in as judge and was one of the 'yes' for Wes to get him onto the roster. Had they planned Bully to be leader all that time ago when he was trying to claim James Storm was the leader to throw people off? What about when Bully chased Devon away allowing Sting to be left alone and taken out with the hammer?
    I think there's more things i missed that i cant think from the top of my head.

Just asking whether people think it really was genius long term booking from TNA creative or they just got lucky with all the coincidences and just played it off as part of a 'plan'.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

I was thinking the same when i watched it and i have to conclude it was genius booking as too much falls into place.

Well done TNA bookers!

i think it was a bit of both. a lot would have been planned but the little bits of luck that fell into place just became icing. what i loved was the fact that both wwe & tna never do these long storylines anymore because they seem to think we dont have the attention..
    LOOK that dog has a puffy tail!!!

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kersh View Post
    LOOK that dog has a puffy tail!!!

Brooke?

Genius may be stretching it a bit much but I think it was very much good long term booking. TNA have really got their shit together over the last 18 months or so and it's really paying dividends now.

Blog Entries
    A bit of both I guess...but when they were doubting James Storm I felt either Storm or Roode or Both are behind it..they played it nice...I loved the way, Bully has summed up the whole story in the past week's episode...that actually establishes a great story and now Bully has so many options to feud with...Hogan, Sting, Jeff hardy, James Storm, Kurt Angle, Samoan Joe, Roode, Aeries, Styles n even Morgan...

I think there's a lot to be said for hindsight here. A couple of the points Bully made seemed to be reaching for TNA to have booked it that way. For instance the part about calling Bobby Roode and convincing him James Storm was behind A&8s was probably not booked that way at the time but is easily explained away with a phone call that took place off camera.
    That said I loved the segments where Bully explained the whole plan, it's so rare to see all the plot holes filled in wrestling and to do it in the series of segments with Bully narrating was brilliant.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I think there's a lot to be said for hindsight here. A couple of the points Bully made seemed to be reaching for TNA to have booked it that way. For instance the part about calling Bobby Roode and convincing him James Storm was behind A&8s was probably not booked that way at the time but is easily explained away with a phone call that took place off camera.
    That said I loved the segments where Bully explained the whole plan, it's so rare to see all the plot holes filled in wrestling and to do it in the series of segments with Bully narrating was brilliant.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said here. Those segments were really awesome!
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

I thought the same watching it, I can't believe that they booked that far in advance and it all paid off, If they did then well done, WWE could do with taking note on long term booking like that. Although I still stand by it being mostly luck/
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Blog Entries
    I agree with you n Bully played those promos very well..he's real good at what he did!!