Will McGillicutty ever be perfect?

I was watching a promo from NXT with McGillicutty and Tyson Kidd, and I thought McGillicutty was actually decent on the mic. I've seen McGillicutty have good matches in NXT with Kidd. I even saw a match with Tensai he had and I felt he sold well, and even had the crowd on his side as a babyface. So my question is, where do you guys see McGillicutty in the next two years. Do you see him on TV at all, (I've heard McGillicutty was training The Rock, and he called him solid so maybe that I might help his career) and do you guys ever see McGillicutty ever matching the success of his father.

Thoughts?

Oh here is a match which shows McGillicutty working as a babyface.

And one of his matches with Kidd.

Blog Entries
    It's hard to understand your statement in parenthesis.

Mr. Perfect was my favorite wrestler for several years when I was young. For that reason alone, I always had a soft spot for McGillicutty. I was rooting for him when he had that small push a couple of years ago. Not sure if he can, or will, surpass his father's legacy. Especially when his father's legacy is the reason why he probably broke into stardom. I think he can have a bright future if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere View Post
    It's hard to understand your statement in parenthesis.

Mr. Perfect was my favorite wrestler for several years when I was young. For that reason alone, I always had a soft spot for McGillicutty. I was rooting for him when he had that small push a couple of years ago. Not sure if he can, or will, surpass his father's legacy. Especially when his father's legacy is the reason why he probably broke into stardom. I think he can have a bright future if given the chance.
    I think he means training with the rock. The rock giving mcgillicutty some praise could help him at least in the short term.

Blog Entries
    The Rock has backed him as a future star (although he did the same thing with Curt Hawkins (his training partner for last year's Wrestlemania) and that didn't get him anywhere), and HHH and a few others from management apparently like him.
    He's still young, I think he'll get a break eventually.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    He's still young, I think he'll get a break eventually.

he's 34 this year? i don't think that's young at all in comparison to someone like Ryder who's 28 this year

[thinks about midcard]

Just an observation, but most of the time when a second generation or third is compared to their father and is somewhat expected to do their father's move set and take some of their father's character, most of the time it doesn't work. I'm not saying that Michael is totally doing this, but he is expected to by the fans.

It didn't work for Ted Jr. It didn't work for Dustin, until he went Goldust. It didn't work for Rocky Maiva, until he went Rock. Just a few examples.

Even Curt Henning was nothing like Larry the Ax. Neither is Randy anything like Cowboy Bob.

Living in the glory of relived vintage characters, lived on by the second generation is cool for a moment, but in reality most never truly get over until they make their own image.

Are they examples of how it did work before? Yes, some, but not recently and rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletBoi View Post
    he's 34 this year? i don't think that's young at all in comparison to someone like Ryder who's 28 this year
    The difference being that Zack is the absolutely shits in the ring in comparison to McGillicutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Just an observation, but most of the time when a second generation or third is compared to their father and is somewhat expected to do their father's move set and take some of their father's character, most of the time it doesn't work. I'm not saying that Michael is totally doing this, but he is expected to by the fans.

It didn't work for Ted Jr. It didn't work for Dustin, until he went Goldust. It didn't work for Rocky Maiva, until he went Rock. Just a few examples.

Even Curt Henning was nothing like Larry the Ax. Neither is Randy anything like Cowboy Bob.

Living in the glory of relived vintage characters, lived on by the second generation is cool for a moment, but in reality most never truly get over until they make their own image.

Are they examples of how it did work before? Yes, some, but not recently and rarely.
    This.

The only second or third generation wrestlers in the WWE that have components of their parents are the Usos and Nattie Neidhart. The Usos have the whole dancing Samoan aspect of Rikishi. Followed with moves that pay tribute to family and friends. I miss the taped thumb tribute to Umaga. With Nattie she has the Sharpshooter from her uncle yet nothing, that I've noticed, from her father. For things like this to work it has to be subtle instead of being blatant as the sun in Summer.

Blog Entries
    McGillicutty is still around? Last I seen him was mocking Rey Mysterio on a Saturday Morning Slam in September or october.

Blog Entries
    HHH is very high on Joe Hennig apparently and Brock Lesnar is a good friend of his. Seems very much to be friends with all the right people.
    Decent on the mic, has a good look to him and his consistantly good in the ring (improved so much since his days of tagging with Otunga in my oppinion)
    I see no reason why he couldn't get a good push after Wrestlemania. I'd like to see them add a few unique moves into his set to make him stand out, maybe a Dragon Suplex, Fall Away Slam and an Underhook-Facebuster just to spice things up a little...
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!