Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Barrett is possibly the worst IC champion of the last few years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely blaming Barrett himself. But to me this has been one of the flatest and dullest IC reigns of I don't know how long. It's so boring that I've honestly forgotten who is IC champion a couple of times during this reign. He needs a really strong feud and fast. I'd even take a 2 month Barrett vs Ryback feud.

Sad, but I have to agree. Cesaro was starting back up with his feud with Miz, but now he is on the same level as Barrett. When you forget who the champions are, you can tell they are booking the midcard wrong. Just a feud is all we ask, a freaking feud!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/5pZdU5D.gif

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely blaming Barrett himself. But to me this has been one of the flatest and dullest IC reigns of I don't know how long. It's so boring that I've honestly forgotten who is IC champion a couple of times during this reign. He needs a really strong feud and fast. I'd even take a 2 month Barrett vs Ryback feud.
    I like Barrett, but for some reason I feel he's been boring ever since he's been without a faction. And I know people are saying he hasn't really got a shot, but it's not like he doesn't get ring time, or mic time. I just have found him pretty boring as of late, (even Miz had a better reign than Barrett), I feel he needs to really up his intensity. I wish he could have a gimmick of knocking people out.(but that's for Big Show, and Kassius Ohno) I don't know he needs something new, a new theme song, more elements added to his character, something.

Blog Entries
    I agree, time to scrap him as champion, and Cesaro too for that matter. They still have futures but their characters should regroup.

If there is another pre-show battle royal, I'd like to see R-Truth win it and beat one of the champions for their title. Was hoping for a US/IC unification match at WM, but I guess that's not happening...

What ever happened to the long-haired smiley guy he was rumbling with a shirt while ago?

That wasn't half bad.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

Big Zeke says hi!
    I agree Barrett's reign has been pretty crappy but it's not as bad as Zeke or Big Show's recent IC runs. In fact looking at the last 3 years or so only Cody's 200+ days reign did anything to make the intercontinental title worthwhile.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    Big Zeke says hi!
    I agree Barrett's reign has been pretty crappy but it's not as bad as Zeke or Big Show's recent IC runs. In fact looking at the last 3 years or so only Cody's 200+ days reign did anything to make the intercontinental title worthwhile.

I think that's precisely one of their problems. They're trying to coast on long reigns only without paying attention to anything else. We have seen that a long reign does not translate into a successful one. in fact, I think Punk's reign has been the only interesting long lasting reign in a while.

"I am not a NUGGET!"

Blog Entries
    Remember when Big Zeke was IC champ a while back? Neither do I. Remember when Christian was IC champ last year? Nope? Neither do I. Kofi Kingston has had numerous forgettable IC title reigns in recent years too.
    Just 3 examples of more forgettable IC title reigns that Barrett's.

Not saying that Barrett's current reign is magnificent, not by a long chalk. But I certainly haven't forgotten that he's champ, and he's always featured on at least one of the main shows each week.
    He's been feuding with Miz and Jericho in recent weeks, I mean how could your gaze miss that?

I digress, I think that both Barrett and Cesaro have been victims of Wrestlemania season. Something which always happens to the mid card champs this time of the year.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I agree, I forgot about him being IC champion the other day and had to check who it was, That shouldn't be the case, I'm not a massive fan of the new rules for the X Division but maybe they could take note and try to make the title a little more unique by adding a something to the mix.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Doesnt seem like it is totally Barrets fault, he did beat Kofi for the title when he had like what a 9 in a row televised losing streak, He should have never even been in that match but it seems to me like something had happened and they needed to dump the title on him and now just have their thumbs up their asses about what to do with it.