Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i just think theres far too much talent. look at current PPVs. there is far too many pointless matches just to get these guys on the card.

for me back in the early 90s matches were built up so much over a good few months. young guys started in tag teams or were fighting for IC title then went onto the WWE Championship if they were good enough.

now we got guys just going for any title. WWE Championship has even been devalued cause of the Heavyweight title.
    BRING BACK 80s/90s WRESTLING

Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Absolutely.

I grew up in the Rock n Wrestling era where all titles were prestigious and they didn't change hands that often. Also not all wrestlers were measured in success on how many titles they could collect. Main events often didn't even have titles on the line. Just old school long drawn out personal feuds.

Now I love the AE, but I always felt the one and only thing they did that damaged the industry, was play title hot potato. It started to water-down some titles, especially the mid card titles. Because during my era, if you were a US or IC champ you were recognized as the no. 1 contender and hands down the second best wrestler in your federation. Now the AE didn't water titles down completely, but I saw the start of it and it has happened to this day. Back in my day, no way would Ceasaro the reigning US champ would job to the Miz that hard.

I really think that since the AE creative has been lazy and just uses titles for quick reasoning for storylines currently and for the most part.

Just my observation.

that is actually spot on. i agree completely.

if I was on the creative team at the moment i would honestly scrap all the titles except the original 3.

John Cena - WWE Champion - i dont like Cena, but hes top face in the company - fued with Ziggler.

CM Punk - IC Champion - imagine him havin a year long fued with Orton??

Prime Time Players - World Tag Champions - start using the NXT guys and set up a proper tag division.

Guys like Khali, Albert - will always be Albert need to go. they bring nothing.

WWE Championship Divison:
    John Cena
    Alberto del Rio
    Mark Hendry
    Dolph Ziggler
    Ryback
    Jack Swagger

IC Division:
    CM Punk
    Randy Orton
    Miz
    Wade Barrett
    Sheamus
    Cody Rhodes

Cruiserweight Divison:
    Chris Jericho
    Rey Meystero
    Daniel Bryan
    Evan Bourne
    Kofi Kingston
    Sin Cara

So easy to create a competitive roster

I dunno maybe it's because I grew up back in the 80's and 90's there were only 4 belts the wwf, intercontinental,tag, and womens belts. I don't really see the need for all these belts i think the argument of all the talent these days is kind of over rated. Guys just need to find ways to get over you dont necessarily need a belt to do it. The talent pool in the 80's and 90's was awesome and I was into everybodys story. You had guys from Hulk Hogan Macho Andre Ultimate Warrior to Rick Rude Mr Perfect Roddy Piper to Demolition Rockers Bushwackers Brain Busters and the list goes on hell i even found tito santana entertaining.

Blog Entries
    Another one of these threads....
    My opinion, i feel WWE is just right with the titles with the size of the roster and TV shows.... If anything I would add a light-weight or cruiser-weight title or even a TV/Internet title.... something for the smaller lighter stars..
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Do we have to go through this every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    Do we have to go through this every week?
    Yes, yes we do. And I again answer that if there were less titles that means less titles to go around so our indy darlings like, Daniel Bryan, will never have been a World Champion.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    Less titles means more stars will be Future Endeavored!!! although a broader Main Event, Mid-Card and even some cases Tag Team title scene....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Either they have to stand alone brands again otherwise having all the belts are meaningless don't see the point in 2 world champions competing in the same shows

While house shows and International tours are still split along brand lines, as they are, you will always have the number of titles they have now, it won't decrease. /