Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    That Christmas episode where they all sang on the Raw stage with John Cena leading...THAT nearly destroyed a lot of gimmicks! Plus, it was a downright pathetic and otherworldly cheesey! My one message to WWE, to keep everyone happy? STOP BEING SO DAMN CORNY!!!
    something that day told me not to watch that RAW
    and to this day, i thank my lucky little stars i listened to that Premonition
    because simply reading about it and seeing clips of "Santa" getting hit by Del Rio.............................................

i think there is a word to describe how relieved i am

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    You make a great point. However, the main consensus is, they want that whole perception to change. So while WWE may be pushing a younger audience away, they are still going by their Corporate Responsibility and trying to make a more family-oriented product in the hopes that society will conform.
    You pretty much nailed it here. Even if their motives were strictly financial, this still is the right thing to do ethically speaking. I think mostly they will tone down the sexual inuendos and frat boy humor, which is fine with me because it often comes off as not funny. It is certainly possible to have a pg product that is entertaining, just look at CHIKARA. I don't suggest WWE take it that far, but it can be done well.

PG= PIECE OF GARAGE...

the WWE needs to wake up and just play the big boys games again
    Last edited by claud3; 03-27-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    LET ME REMIND SOCIETY THAT I AM A LEGEND. AND ALSO I AM THE ONLY TRUE ENTITY THAT CAN CROSS TWO DIMENSIONS, AND STILL BE RELEVANT ​AMONG MY PEERS

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    PG= PIECE OF GARAGED...

the WWE needs to wake up and just play the big boys games again

In the mid-90's, I was a brash and cocky pre-teen, fanatically watching my hero figures over in WCW land.

Then, WWE popped up with things like DX, Austin 3:16, Undertaker sacrificing people on a giant crucifix-thing, Mankind going batshit nuts in boiler rooms...

Being in the 10-13 age range, I sure as hell went right over there. Why? Because even at that young age, I wanted to see some bad-ass stuff.

They underestimate that in this day and age especially with mobile web and computers and facebook and forums, kids aren't kids for as long as they used to be. And it's only getting worse.

Cena is stale for ANYONE over age 8ish. Yet, he continues to be the superboy who can pull it off when NOBODY else can.

People don't have the "wrestling is real, no, fake, no, real, fake, real" arguments anymore. A juicehead botching frankensteiners isn't appealing for people who have been watching wrestling for more than 5 minutes.

Alienate your long-time, loyal fans...and yes, it is a business, so lets say CUSTOMERS, and ur fucked. a 30 year old who's spent $40k since he was a kid on your stuff, or a 9 year old who will sour of wrestling in the next few years as he matures and loses interest in your stale product....who is more important to keep around from a business point of view?

But the thng is, those long time fans aren't as big as it use to be. A lot of people in their 20's stopped watching wrestling a long time ago. The money isn't there anymore. Plus, other companies (Mattel for example) not only want to see profit, but to maintain an image. Yeah, WWE can look for other companies to invest in their product, but would you rather have Mcdonalds promoting, or a Carl's Jr/Hardees promoting you? IF your goal is to expand and have large revenue, I believe the answer is obvious.

I don't blame the WWE, sports in general are getting a lot of heat now days for being too violent and dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if the World Series of Poker gets heat because their stare downs are deemed too "psychotic looking"
    Last edited by TheCityLights; 03-29-2013 at 02:00 PM.