Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can't really say I blame them as I see where they are coming from, but I personally think it sucks. My parents were very strict when I was growing up and I couldn't even watch wrestling until I was almost 13. Now that I'm a grown man I can't enjoy the product as well because it's aimed at kids.

Why can't women and children just let men enjoy their wrestling?

Why do I all of a sudden feel like Al Bundy

Blog Entries
    The WWE can do what it wants to do because in the end if it gets too kiddy for me I will just stop watching it. There are other wrestling shows out there and wrestling at the fairgrounds so I can still get my fill of hard hits and blood. The WWE has decided to cater more to kids then adults and if that makes them more money then more power to them but that does not mean I have to watch or like it. I just wonder how much longer they are going to have wrestling till they say that is too violent and the WWE because solely a comedy for kids?

I understand that they are taking this direction for sponsorship services, but the product of wrestling in today's culture will not grow through kids because kids aren't stupid enough to watch brodus clay dancing and gimmicky fake wrestling because they're watching other things like south park, jersey shore, teen mom, or anything else with sex and violence. Someone should go tell the shareholders that kids can access media as easy as adults can...

I just feel like if the product is going to make it through the long hall they need to bring a lot more edge, violence, and adult content to the product, similar to stone cold's run which was pretty much the peak of half the IWC's childhood. Wrestling is wrestling and the attitude era equation is their only option if they don't wanna cave in 10 years
    "This is the way you handle it. Its easy, its simple to digest because you people cant handle anything complicated. You people cant stomach anything interesting. We're all here in the circus to entertain YOU. And nobody has been able to obtain a modicum of success without you...until I showed up. Im successful not because of you. Im successful in spite of you"

Can't get my head round you morons ! A wwe product that's even more pg you having a laugh ? Bring back the old hell in a cell , bring back chair shots to the nut , bring back the old jerry lawler .. If you're kids kill each other becasue they seen it on raw its not wwe's fault its you're shit parenting there's a reason tna is growing slowly but surly its 2 letters PG ... The potential of this wwe roster is amazing if they were allowed to be let loose .. Look at d bryan in roh , dean ambrose in czw , list goes on

I'm sure I could refrain from topping myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    I'm sure I could refrain from topping myself.
    Lol you mite I woodnt

I've never understood the whole 'kid friendly' thing, when ever I see kids on xbox live they're ridiculously un-PG themselves, constantly telling me to go and kill myself or they'll rape my mother then rip off my head and piss down my neck, the bottom line is kids are not as innocent and pure as people think.

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Just to weigh in on this I have a ton of little cousins who are below the age of 14. They prefer the edgy stuff. A few years ago when WWE was going PG-bland they actually started watching Spongebob and TNA over the WWE product. The WWE under-estimates the interests of 50% of the youth out there. There are hundreds of little kids playing stuff like Call of Duty - WITH nasty vocabularies I should add. If WWE wants more buy rates and an increase in viewership then they should focus on more entertaining story-lines instead of looking for stuff to blame it on.

You summed this up in a nice way, people should not complain.

...Match of the year...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Just to weigh in on this I have a ton of little cousins who are below the age of 14. They prefer the edgy stuff. A few years ago when WWE was going PG-bland they actually started watching Spongebob and TNA over the WWE product. The WWE under-estimates the interests of 50% of the youth out there. There are hundreds of little kids playing stuff like Call of Duty - WITH nasty vocabularies I should add. If WWE wants more buy rates and an increase in viewership then they should focus on more entertaining story-lines instead of looking for stuff to blame it on.
    You make a great point. However, the main consensus is, they want that whole perception to change. So while WWE may be pushing a younger audience away, they are still going by their Corporate Responsibility and trying to make a more family-oriented product in the hopes that society will conform.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion, at the end of the day, WWE can do whatever they want - as long as their storylines are captivating, engaging, and entertaining, that's all that matters!

It just seems as though the WWE are too focused on promoting themselves and social media, rather than have great T.V. storylines.

P.S. That Christmas episode where they all sang on the Raw stage with John Cena leading...THAT nearly destroyed a lot of gimmicks! Plus, it was a downright pathetic and otherworldly cheesey! My one message to WWE, to keep everyone happy? STOP BEING SO DAMN CORNY!!!