Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Invested With Monotony?

As I was playing WWE 13, my brother and I had our usual wrestling conversation. He said one thing that made me think, which was; "I'm tiredbof seeing the same match every week." Watching Smackdown, I noticed that there was the same match that happened within the same week. A match that happened the previous Smackdown, Jericho vs. Swagger, and one from the Raw in the same week, Ziggles vs. Kofi. Don't get me wrong, I love watching these guys.

Have any of you notice this? And if you have, would you change it?

Blog Entries
    Yep. Ziggler/ADR was pretty common not too long ago and that was on SD, RAW and Main Event.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Yep. Ziggler/ADR was pretty common not too long ago and that was on SD, RAW and Main Event.
    Daniel Bryan vs. Sandow and Kane vs. Cody Rhodes. Oh, and Hell No vs. Prime time Playas.

Why are they doing is though? It's not like they're low on talent. The Usos had a match of Main Event and haven't been seen for weeks.

No real idea why they do it. Makes everything look stale, no new faces, same matches.

Cesaro vs Ryback, Miz, Orton.

Friday pretty much seemed like, "In case you missed the last week or two of wrestling, here are our top favorite matches!" Aside from the Main Event, I suppose.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Wwe has got so boring and repetitve since I started watching again back when kane returned ... I'm 23 and grew up in the attitude era were the mid card stole the show some nights but there is no mid car highlights any more and the divas devision is car crash tv ... Wrestlemania is shaping up to be the most predictable ' show of the immortals " EVER and its not down to the iwc its down the product itself ...YOU'RE WELCOME

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walldo 3:16 View Post
    Wwe has got so boring and repetitve since I started watching again back when kane returned ... I'm 23 and grew up in the attitude era were the mid card stole the show some nights but there is no mid car highlights any more and the divas devision is car crash tv ... Wrestlemania is shaping up to be the most predictable ' show of the immortals " EVER and its not down to the iwc its down the product itself ...YOU'RE WELCOME
    When did i ever thank you????

You didn't jst fancied saying it YOUREEE WELCOMEEE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by walldo 3:16 View Post
    I see what you're saying. A good bit of us grew up watching it during that time, and there was a lot more diversity when it would pertain to the mid and lower cards. The did a lot more with them back then, though they didn't have their staff spread across around 7 shows plus house shows.

I remember when you'd get two guys in a feud, say CM Punk and John Cena for example, and they'd cuts promos against each other then have a match, then Cena would face Batista (for example) on Raw and Punk would be watching and then Punk would face, let's say Mysterio, and Cena would be on commentary. THEN they'd face each other in the return match at PPV. That would be followed by 4 more weeks of fighting other randoms and maybe facing each other as part of a tag match before they'd meet again on opposite sides in a gimmick PPV (Survivor Series, EC, MitB etc). That would lead to a confrontation and a TV match on Raw before a few more weeks of not facing each other until the rubber match, one on one at the next PPV. That would be up to 3 months (and 3 PPV's) and they'd only have wrestled each other 4 or 5 times. Now it fells like we're seeing the same match on repeat on Raw, Smackdown, Raw Rewind, Smackdown-look-what-happened-before-the-break, once more on Smackdown for luck then at the PPV.

WWE have a large enough roster to showcase a whole load of matches we never see but they've gotten so congested we get situations like The Miz feuding with both the IC and US champions at once?! It's crazy stuff.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I remember when you'd get two guys in a feud, say CM Punk and John Cena for example, and they'd cuts promos against each other then have a match, then Cena would face Batista (for example) on Raw and Punk would be watching and then Punk would face, let's say Mysterio, and Cena would be on commentary. THEN they'd face each other in the return match at PPV. That would be followed by 4 more weeks of fighting other randoms and maybe facing each other as part of a tag match before they'd meet again on opposite sides in a gimmick PPV (Survivor Series, EC, MitB etc). That would lead to a confrontation and a TV match on Raw before a few more weeks of not facing each other until the rubber match, one on one at the next PPV. That would be up to 3 months (and 3 PPV's) and they'd only have wrestled each other 4 or 5 times. Now it fells like we're seeing the same match on repeat on Raw, Smackdown, Raw Rewind, Smackdown-look-what-happened-before-the-break, once more on Smackdown for luck then at the PPV.

WWE have a large enough roster to showcase a whole load of matches we never see but they've gotten so congested we get situations like The Miz feuding with both the IC and US champions at once?! It's crazy stuff.
    I noticed that they're doing the build that you just mentioned with Jack Swagger and Del Rio. They have yet went against each other in a match. All of their altercations have been either a save, sneak attack or attack on their manager. Which is wonderfully refreshing when there are so many 2 out of 3 match feuds running around.

I think that Miz is no longer feuding with Cesaro. Sure, their last match ended in the heel doing heel sneakery, but they have yet to do anything together since their 2 out of 3 falls match weeks ago.