Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have gay friends who get offended by the use of that word. Also, using the n word to soften the blow is asinine in my opinion. There is no reason that you should use that word other than to be offensive unless it's in context like.... I'm reading to kill a mockingbird out loud. Calling someone either of those words can be taken as offensive because they sole reason for existing anymore is to be derogatory. I don't know why people are so willing to overlook the offensiveness of a word because hey, the 5 people that I talk to and myself don't care about the long lineage of this words hate. I have seen an African American almost in tears for someone using the n word, so yea, I'm not black, but I know that it's not something that several people of that ethnicity want to here all the time. Same thing with the f word, I think when you get older Afro, you will understand how asinine your thought process was in your previous statement.

    Edit: by the way you never said anything about drinking bleach either. So before you go around making inane statements like I should learn to read, you should actually look at the context of my quotes.
    I didn't acknowledge the drinking of bleach? He believes that gays should be treated the same as everyone else. Someone talked down to them and he told that person the drink bleach, more or less. Which I said "Someone stomping on what you believe in." So, I will keep the statement on you learning how to read.

    That's why I didn't acknowledge it. Because there are people that do and don't take offense to the words. If you paid attention to more than just the nigger statement, you would see I wrote that. I'm aware of the history of the word, I care about, but you can't delve on the past. Remember when being called a witch was the end of the world. You call someone a witch now and they will, including you, would not take a single damn second thought of where the stinging power came from.


  2. #42
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,504
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    I didn't acknowledge the drinking of bleach? He believes that gays should be treated the same as everyone else. Someone talked down to them and he told that person the drink bleach, more or less. Which I said "Someone stomping on what you believe in." So, I will keep the statement on you learning how to read.

    That's why I didn't acknowledge it. Because there are people that do and don't take offense to the words. If you paid attention to more than just the nigger statement, you would see I wrote that. I'm aware of the history of the word, I care about, but you can't delve on the past. Remember when being called a witch was the end of the world. You call someone a witch now and they will, including you, would not take a single damn second thought of where the stinging power came from.
    I understand where you were going on the belief thing, but I think your taking the original tweet completely out of context. I am totally for gay marriage, in fact I love the fact that my state is one of the states that is very open for people of all sexual orientations... But the man who punk attacked was not hating on gays. One of them said it was their first amendment right to say that they don't like gays to be married which is true, and punk told them to kill themselves, and the other said it's not very be a star like to tell someone to kill themselves and he told him to drink bleach... Those guys are likely people who idolized this man before his asinine comments. I would have handled it with more maturity and I am 21. I mean, what if they killed themselves for real, would you be ok with Punks comments then because that's obviously what he was advocating them doing.

    Also, again there is no reason to use the n word. To be honest even as a white male I feel awkward that you feel free to use it even though it's very clearly a word of hate. Since you don't care doesn't mean others don't.
    #BeJelly


  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I understand where you were going on the belief thing, but I think your taking the original tweet completely out of context. I am totally for gay marriage, in fact I love the fact that my state is one of the states that is very open for people of all sexual orientations... But the man who punk attacked was not hating on gays. One of them said it was their first amendment right to say that they don't like gays to be married which is true, and punk told them to kill themselves, and the other said it's not very be a star like to tell someone to kill themselves and he told him to drink bleach... Those guys are likely people who idolized this man before his asinine comments. I would have handled it with more maturity and I am 21. I mean, what if they killed themselves for real, would you be ok with Punks comments then because that's obviously what he was advocating them doing.

    Also, again there is no reason to use the n word. To be honest even as a white male I feel awkward that you feel free to use it even though it's very clearly a word of hate. Since you don't care doesn't mean others don't.
    But why not like them get married? Was that the most responsible thing to say? No. But emotions override logic when you reply to something like that. Psychology books tell this as true. If they did kill themselves then they'd be one die hard Punk fan just to do something he says. Not cool, I would say.

    Turning a word of hate into just a word. *shrugs*


  4. #44
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,504
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    But why not like them get married? Was that the most responsible thing to say? No. But emotions override logic when you reply to something like that. Psychology books tell this as true. If they did kill themselves then they'd be one die hard Punk fan just to do something he says. Not cool, I would say.

    Turning a word of hate into just a word. *shrugs*
    Did you not read where I said I'm ok with gay marriage? In fact it does bother me that people are against it. Here is the thing though, people are going to have differing opinions. overreacting like punk does only weakens his point. Arguing is ok, but at the point where he decides it's not worth his time to actually educate such people, but instead cops out and goes for blood literally by telling themselves to kill themselves... IMO he's not even at their level of absurdity, he's far more in the wrong than the people just stating which is their opinion. The fact that I disagree with their opinion shouldn't change the fact that they have a right to have said opinion.

    Also, I have now asked several people about your use of the n word and to no ones surprise there were people offended... Including people of that ethnicity.
    #BeJelly


  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Did you not read where I said I'm ok with gay marriage? In fact it does bother me that people are against it. Here is the thing though, people are going to have differing opinions. overreacting like punk does only weakens his point. Arguing is ok, but at the point where he decides it's not worth his time to actually educate such people, but instead cops out and goes for blood literally by telling themselves to kill themselves... IMO he's not even at their level of absurdity, he's far more in the wrong than the people just stating which is their opinion. The fact that I disagree with their opinion shouldn't change the fact that they have a right to have said opinion.

    Also, I have now asked several people about your use of the n word and to no ones surprise there were people offended... Including people of that ethnicity.
    Oh, I read that. It was aimed as a general question. Like just saying "Why not?" Oh, I know people don't like my usage of the word. I don't go around saying it every second, but not going to not say it just 'cause other people don't like it.

    Like it's different when someone says nigga instead. /sarcasm


  6. #46
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,504
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Oh, I read that. It was aimed as a general question. Like just saying "Why not?" Oh, I know people don't like my usage of the word. I don't go around saying it every second, but not going to not say it just 'cause other people don't like it.

    Like it's different when someone says nigga instead. /sarcasm
    To be honest I don't use words if I know that it's going to offend someone because it's a offensive word. I mean, I have enough faith in my diction that I don't need such hateful speech.
    #BeJelly


  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    To be honest I don't use words if I know that it's going to offend someone because it's a offensive word. I mean, I have enough faith in my diction that I don't need such hateful speech.
    But people get offended by the word old, trust me there are people out there, or get offended when you try to help them out. Is that your fault that they got so angry? No. I'm not using it in the realm of hate. They turned the word into common street speak, am I in the wrong trying to remove the hate from the word?


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Oh, I read that. It was aimed as a general question. Like just saying "Why not?" Oh, I know people don't like my usage of the word. I don't go around saying it every second, but not going to not say it just 'cause other people don't like it.

    Like it's different when someone says nigga instead. /sarcasm
    Well enjoy getting your ass whipped. Not trying to attack you personally, but if you are gonna going around using the N-word so freely someone is gonna get offended and might give you that one on one.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Well enjoy getting your ass whipped. Not trying to attack you personally, but if you are gonna going around using the N-word so freely someone is gonna get offended and might give you that one on one.
    Why would I get my ass handed to me? I don't spew the word in every sentence. Rarely say it in actuality. If I need so say it, I'll say it.


  10. #50
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,504
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    But people get offended by the word old, trust me there are people out there, or get offended when you try to help them out. Is that your fault that they got so angry? No. I'm not using it in the realm of hate. They turned the word into common street speak, am I in the wrong trying to remove the hate from the word?
    There is a difference between you using a word and someone ignorantly being angry at your use of that word... and your purposeful use of a derogatory word and someone getting offended. Using the N-word as you are doing is offensive... There is a reason members like Robstar and Iron Ape don't use it, it's because they realize where the word came from and the connotation behind it and how disrespectful it is to toss it around as if it's not offensive. To be honest it worries me that you think your some sort of champion of equality for using it as "street speak".
    #BeJelly


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.