Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    You guys HAVE GOT to be kidding me! Gosh, it's just a fucking title. And by HIGHER POWER I meant that he's "another level/a Big deal". My Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Best damn thread PERIOD. Nice one ELNIO.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveorton View Post
    @ELNIOJR love the signature dude

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    Thats the thing. Sadly the impression you get from following CM Punk and his little 'outbreaks' over the last few years is simply that the man behind Punk is not that much different from the character he portrays, a big a**hole. Punching Fans, calling them fa***ts, telling them to drink bleach...that was NOT IN CHARACTER, that was the man behind Punk. And to be honest: That is antisocial behaviour. This guy is white trash, and the worst kind. And he isnt even THAT good as a wrestler.
    I'm pretty sure you would do something similar. Someone stomping on something you believe in, pushing you too far. But there is one major fact that makes him up for scrutiny. And that is the fact that he is in the public eye.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    I'm pretty sure you would do something similar. Someone stomping on something you believe in, pushing you too far. But there is one major fact that makes him up for scrutiny. And that is the fact that he is in the public eye.
    So, you are going to ignore the telling fans to drink bleach and yelling homophobic slurs and focus on him punching fans because that's the one thing you can defend? Typical. ... But seriously, even that is wrong. I mean, yea I wouldn't have punched the fan even if I was punk. Also, it shouldn't be ignored that he does tell fans to drink bleach via twitter... Or yelled homophobic slurs to the fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELNIOJR View Post
    You guys HAVE GOT to be kidding me! Gosh, it's just a fucking title. And by HIGHER POWER I meant that he's "another level/a Big deal". My Goodness!
    Yea, we weren't specifically attacking you or we would have quoted you or at least I wasn't. Don't take it personally...
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The thing that most fans of Punk won''t ever admit is that the guy acts like an absolute tool. If you knew someone in real life like Punk, you'd probably want to punch his lights out. Which means he's doing an awesome job. However it makes me sad that this is what so many people are aspiring to be like. Where's a real role model like Steve Austin? That's what guys from my era aspired to be. Not this clown. But he's funny to watch, kind of like watching My Name Is Earl or Trailer Park Boys. It's white trash humour. You know what's going to happen from a mile off but you still enjoy it. Because it's brimming with tongue in cheek humour. Half get that and half misread it. But that's cool - anyway you can get over is fine. I love Punk but I wouldn't want to be him or hang out with him. I still piss myself laughing at that urn bit though. It's cheap heat but whatever, you know? Heat is heat.

Go Punk I say. But he will......Rest......In......Peeeeaaaaaccccee!!!
    When did Stone Cold become a role model? This guy beat his own wife lmao. Also saying Punk acts like a tool in real life, is dumb because you don't know him in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Really? I mean I know there are a lot of CM Punk fans, but I find most of them to be here in the IWC, thus older fans.. And I would hope that no one would change who they are to be CM Punk or anyone. I think most of the younger fans try to be like Rey Mysterio, John Cena, and Sheamus.
    Not really, i seen loads of kids wear CM Punk shirts at a house show i went to. Even a 6 year old girl, that most likely had a crush on him since she was booing Ryback like mad lol.
    Last edited by ewantu2; 03-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    No, it would have lead to the confirmation that there are far too many Punk Marks who blindly follow what he spreads and continue to highly over-rate him based on the fact that he is one of maybe 3-4 "standouts" on the current roster.

^^^ Let's see if this inspires some interesting debate.

Punk is mostly the hype the internet spreads around him mixed with a "different feel" when compared to others on the current roster. Punk in works for the now but would be lost in the shuffle in another era.
    Does that not just make you a average CM Punk hater? Because saying that he would be a nobody in the other eras is laughable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    When did Stone Cold become a role model? This guy beat his own wife lmao. Also saying Punk acts like a tool in real life, is dumb because you don't know him in real life.
    So, it's ok for you to judge SCSA even though you don't know him in real life, but dumb when Robstar judges punk because he doesn't know him in real life? That makes no sense.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Does that not just make you a average CM Punk hater? Because saying that he would be a nobody in the other eras is laughable.
    Or you know, he could just have an honest opinion of Cm punk. I agree with his opinion to a point actually. I mean, not as extreme... but Cm punk wouldn't be a main event talent in the attitude era because his facade wouldn't be seen as much as fresh and edgy. I mean, I think he could get over in other eras... but I wouldn't blindly call anyone that disagrees with me a hater. Actually it's called an ad homienem fallacy, which means that you don't have enough faith in your actual argumentation skills so you rely on belittling the other persons character instead of destroying their logic because you can't fault his warranting of his claim.
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    So, you are going to ignore the telling fans to drink bleach and yelling homophobic slurs and focus on him punching fans because that's the one thing you can defend? Typical. ... But seriously, even that is wrong. I mean, yea I wouldn't have punched the fan even if I was punk. Also, it shouldn't be ignored that he does tell fans to drink bleach via twitter... Or yelled homophobic slurs to the fans.
    I didn't focus on the punching, learn to read Dennis. :3 The only I didn't acknowledge was the homophobic slur. Because I see how people can get offended by it, but there is also the fact that some of my friends that are gay don't give a crap about what people say. They don't let it affect them. It's like when I use nigger. I use it to lessen the blow of the word, but there are people that aren't even black *looks at Rob* that get offended. It's words. It is up to you to give them power. Restricting people on the use of words just make them more powerful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    I didn't focus on the punching, learn to read Dennis. :3 The only I didn't acknowledge was the homophobic slur. Because I see how people can get offended by it, but there is also the fact that some of my friends that are gay don't give a crap about what people say. They don't let it affect them. It's like when I use nigger. I use it to lessen the blow of the word, but there are people that aren't even black *looks at Rob* that get offended. It's words. It is up to you to give them power. Restricting people on the use of words just make them more powerful.
    I have gay friends who get offended by the use of that word. Also, using the n word to soften the blow is asinine in my opinion. There is no reason that you should use that word other than to be offensive unless it's in context like.... I'm reading to kill a mockingbird out loud. Calling someone either of those words can be taken as offensive because they sole reason for existing anymore is to be derogatory. I don't know why people are so willing to overlook the offensiveness of a word because hey, the 5 people that I talk to and myself don't care about the long lineage of this words hate. I have seen an African American almost in tears for someone using the n word, so yea, I'm not black, but I know that it's not something that several people of that ethnicity want to here all the time. Same thing with the f word, I think when you get older Afro, you will understand how asinine your thought process was in your previous statement.

Edit: by the way you never said anything about drinking bleach either. So before you go around making inane statements like I should learn to read, you should actually look at the context of my quotes.
    Last edited by Dennis; 03-23-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    #TeamGeeky