Hybrid View

TNA New X-Division Guidelines.

I was watching TNA and I noticed that they have added a 230 pound weight limit, and from now on The X-Division Title will be defended in triple threat matches, if your pinned or submitted and your a challenger you are out of the title picture, and if your the champion you lose the title. Plus if you get the pin, your automatically put into the next triple threat match.

I love this rule, since the best X-Division matches have been triple threat matches anyway. Dating back to the great Styles Vs Joe Vs Daniels, and even the old Ultimate X matches. I think this would be a great way to really bring life to the X-Division. And hopes that we can bring back old X-Division wrestlers, and maybe bring some new ones into the division.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    It glosses up the division, sure, but I'd rather see TNA bring in some new X-Division stars to beef up the division a bit. At least it shows the X-Division is treated as an actual entity though.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The weight limit is nothing really, it was 225 before that so 5 lbs doesn't make much of a difference
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    You mention the match between Styles, Joe and Daniels. Joe wouldn't even be able to compete for the title now. I thought it was about no limits, not weight limits. lets chuck a weight limit on the heavyweight title too -_-

I dont like this change at all. As lionsault said before me its not about weight limits, its about no limits. Plus why does every match need to be triple threat? I mean sure we're in store for some good matches but i feel we're getting robbed of the great story telling we get in a 1 on 1 match against bitter rivals and arch enemies. TNA under Hogans regime has become a bastardized shell of its former self that was all about innovation amd being unique. Hes accomplished some good things for the company but in my eyes the bad outweigh the good. This is just another example of the bad. But thats just my opinion. Im sure a lot of people will like these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    I dont like this change at all. As lionsault said before me its not about weight limits, its about no limits. Plus why does every match need to be triple threat? I mean sure we're in store for some good matches but i feel we're getting robbed of the great story telling we get in a 1 on 1 match against bitter rivals and arch enemies. TNA under Hogans regime has become a bastardized shell of its former self that was all about innovation amd being unique. Hes accomplished some good things for the company but in my eyes the bad outweigh the good. This is just another example of the bad. But thats just my opinion. Im sure a lot of people will like these changes.
    I actually see where you're coming from. There have been a lot of great rivalries in the X-Division that's been one on one. Styles and Daniels, and Michael Shane and Chris Sabin come to mind. Plus I want to see Sorenson and Ion feud one on one for the X-Division Title. But I'm willing to give this thing a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JLionsault View Post
    You mention the match between Styles, Joe and Daniels. Joe wouldn't even be able to compete for the title now. I thought it was about no limits, not weight limits. lets chuck a weight limit on the heavyweight title too -_-
    Ok now it is set at 1000 pounds happy?

I mean sure we're in store for some good matches but i feel we're getting robbed of the great story telling we get in a 1 on 1 match against bitter rivals and arch enemies.
    I can agree with this because I loved AJ Styles vs. Petey Williams along with Styles vs. Daniels. I am not going to say that the Triple Threat stipulation is the worst thing to happen to the X-Division (Bischoff/Abyss/Kendrick was the worst thing), but I am going to say I am cautious as to just how the matches being only 3ways will work out... A rule like this makes me wonder if Sorensen will be coming back as if he is getting closer to a full recovery, it wouldn't make sense to take away the ability to have him and Ion go at it for the X Title.

TNA under Hogans regime has become a bastardized shell of its former self that was all about innovation amd being unique.

I saw what you did with the escape clauses in your paragraph, but this comment is taking it a little overboard if you ask me. All the changes that people have been praising over the past year and a half have come while under the Hogan Regime; the focus of the Divisions (X, Divas, Tag) is perhaps the worst thing to happen to TNA under Hogan... Either way, you are assuming that Hogan has control over these things, which in and of itself is a silly way of thinking. Hogan isn't the writer, producer, talent scout, talent agent... Hell, he isn't even the booker so I don't think the blame of TNA's poor decisions is solely Hogan’s as much as it is TNA trying the "wrong" new things to do as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone