Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If WWE went back to TV-14 tomorrow...

...which guys on the current roster do you think would thrive and become bigger than they are now, which would remain the same, and which one do you think would fail and no longer have a place in the company? This dosen't include part-timers or veterans. I'm mainly talking about people that have come in from 2005 onwards.

Guys who would thrive / become better:

CM Punk - the living embodiment of another would-be Attitude Era.
    Randy Orton - Let's face it, if WWE weren't PG, his gimmick would far more psychotic.
    Sheamus - already portrayed as angry Irishman that loves to fight. A more mature rating would enhance that.
    Dolph Ziggler - same as he is now, but his gimmick would be far more adult-oriented than it already is.
    Antonio Cesaro - we all know he's a powerhouse, but he wouldn't be paired with a one-dimensional cheesy gimmick.
    Wade Barrett - just flat-out comes across as a bad guy. A TV-14 rating would enhance that.
    Daniel Bryan - as of right now, he's competition for Santino Marella. I think could be so much more.
    The entire Divas division would improve ...for obvious reasons.

Guys who would remain the same:

The Miz - love him or hate him, he's not going to leave or change.
    Ryback - he's big, he's mean, and he only knows 5 words. Sums up his career.
    Cody Rhodes - Has adapted to several career phases already. I expect him to keep that course.
    Alberto Del Rio - minus Ricardo Rodriguez, but that's about it.
    Jack Swagger - because he's Jack Swagger, and he'll put you to sleep no matter what.
    All the jobbers / lower-carders would remain the same ...because we never see them on TV anyways.

Guys who would fail / no longer have a place in the company:

John Cena - he's the living embodiment of the PG image. He may stick around, but his stardom will fall hard.
    Hornswoggle - do I even have to give a reason?
    Brodus Clay - there's no place for a funky dancing dinosaur in an adult-oriented show. His gimmick has type-cast him.
    The Great Khali - for further explination, see Hornswoggle.
    Santino Marella - a product of the times. When the times change, he'll leave with it.
    Damien Sandow - his gimmick is far too cartoonish to make it in a TV-14 enviorment.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 03-21-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Sandow would get massively more heat trying to educate all of the drunks that will come back to this aforementioned vision of the WWE. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Sandow would get massively more heat trying to educate all of the drunks that will come back to this aforementioned vision of the WWE. You're welcome.
    Sandow's gimmick is really just a rehash of The Genius, minus the rhyming. Very gimmicky. Very cartoonish. Very PG. What you described might work at first, but I just don't think it would last.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 03-21-2013 at 09:25 PM.

You make a lot of good points but I just wanna point out three things I think your wrong about. First off Damian Sandow, yes his gimmick is a bit cartoony but I think he'd fit in well in any rating simply because presenting yourself as smarter and more cultured then everyone else will always get you heat.

John Cena is the living embodiment of pg only because the company is pg and he's the face, if they changed to a higher rating it would allow him to change as well and perhaps make him better because he wont have to constantly try and appeal to the kids.

And third the diva division. All that would change is that they'd show more skin. Their talent wouldn't instantly improve because the rating goes up, they would still be horrible.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

None, unless WWE made fundamental changes to how it runs itself when it comes to talent and such. They could be rated R but it wouldn't mean a thing if WWE kept booking the way it does.

However, I think most talent would improve; Ryback especially. Big angry monster, that knows more than 5 words, but doesn't really need to speak them would do good in a higher rating, if it was coupled with better booking.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Sandow would be fine. How better to draw heat than be part of the establishment? Cena would probably also be fine he'd just have to rethink his image.

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    John Cena is the living embodiment of pg only because the company is pg and he's the face, if they changed to a higher rating it would allow him to change as well and perhaps make him better because he wont have to constantly try and appeal to the kids.
    You might be right. But something tells me the day WWE stops appealing to kids is the day Cena is no longer the face of the company. His image is so synonymous with PG all these years, that he'd have to replaced in his current role. So he wouldn't leave, but would be demoted.

And third the diva division. All that would change is that they'd show more skin. Their talent wouldn't instantly improve because the rating goes up, they would still be horrible.
    Sex sells.

If the Divas show more skin, you, me, and every male fan on the planet will pay more attention to them. That's an improvement by default.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 03-21-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Hornswoggle would still be there. he would be a horny little person or apart of a new age Oddities! maybe even as the leader!

Khali would be in the Oddities as well.

The Shield would make it as well. Especially Ambrose. He would be almost like a Brian Pillman type character. Loose Cannon!!!