Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Some people want the appeal of the melodrama. The appeal of Sex & The City was the risqué sexuality and the oh-no-she-didn't-just-say-that style. Some people like the gritty hard hitting reality of Sons Of Anarchy or The Wire. If you removed those elements of those shows, you risk alienating your core and/or current audience. Sometimes a show can sustain a focus change like that - wrestling can because it's very nature has always been to morph with the times. It's no biggie. It will still find an audience. Every alienated audience of anything has railed against the change in their favourite show. The people who run wrestling are smart enough to realise that todays audience won't make the effort to keep up with them so they make the effort to keep with an audience. ANY audience. And if that alienates you, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Some people want the appeal of the melodrama. The appeal of Sex & The City was the risqué sexuality and the oh-no-she-didn't-just-say-that style. Some people like the gritty hard hitting reality of Sons Of Anarchy or The Wire. If you removed those elements of those shows, you risk alienating your core and/or current audience. Sometimes a show can sustain a focus change like that - wrestling can because it's very nature has always been to morph with the times. It's no biggie. It will still find an audience. Every alienated audience of anything has railed against the change in their favourite show. The people who run wrestling are smart enough to realise that todays audience won't make the effort to keep up with them so they make the effort to keep with an audience. ANY audience. And if that alienates you, so be it.

Agreed, which was the meaning of my post. I know what I do and don't like; therefore I go to where I want in order to get the fix I desire. I am a fan of wrestling so it is up to me to find the product I like and support it - Not for that product to do everything in their power to keep my one perspective entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Gee whiz, the WWE has stopped catering to the "fans" who watch on illegal streams and illegally download PPVs. Who woulda thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

What world do you live in? Do you believe that WWE should have these altruistic motives where they're in it for the betterment of mankind? So they can rest easy at night knowing they've put a smile on peoples faces? Give me a break! It's a business!!! They are hocking a product and they don't care if this group over here doesn't like it because they know there is another group ready and willing to part ways with fistfuls of dollars to buy what they're selling. The moment you think that just because you have shelled out a few bucks over the years to own WWE merchandise or watch their product that means you are entitled to anything, is the moment you have become just another mark with your hand out. And in the grand tradition of the carnival sideshow, those kinds of marks get taken for a ride until; they wise up and walk away. But some never do. And yet there are others who can see the nature of the game, they accept that it's all one big illusion but an entertaining one at that and they realise that the value of true entertainment is derived from allowing yourself to be taken on the ride, without feeling the need to have your hand out at the end with the idea that you should win some prize. The very idea that you think you deserve something for participating in a give and take transaction means you've missed the point of what is give and take. You pay your money - you get to watch the show. You get your shirt. You get your replica belt. You get your DVD. Because you paid your money. End of transaction. Now, if you choose to keep frequenting this business, then that choice is yours but don't expect the shopkeeper to come grovelling at your door for you to keep coming back, because plenty of others do and they don't need your business.

You're a consumer. Basically that means you are a mark; a sucker; a buyer. You're not owed anything. Get real.
    You've just been robstarred!

Maybe being a shell of its former self isnt a bad thing. Theyre now signing on WRESTLERS. The roster is filled with indy darlings and more to come from nxt. Granted they might not get as much ring time as id like to see but the overall quality of matches, to me, has improved. They now let guys like daniel bryan amd cm punk tear the fucking house down in a match over the wwe title. Thats a very good thi g to be doing. Plus theyve been beefing up the tag attempting to do the same to the divas division and the future looks very bright and promising. Granted they dont always hit their intended target but to me it seems for every miss there are two hits beside it.

Side note: for the dude that said tnas booking is miles ahead of wwes... im a fan of both and... yeah i dont see it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123 View Post
    It's almost impossible to avoid commenting on some of these threads. Of course WWE owes us something! They owe us to put on a good show to keep us watching to keep us buying their crap and purchase their PPVs!! It's not like oh we did that for you so now forever and ever you must keep us happy. No! It's so we keep buying their stuff!!! As fans, if they don't hold up their end of the bargain we unfortunately have to stop watching and stop buying. If you keep watching and buying PPVs but bitch about everything that happens realize you are part of the problem.

I loved WWE but I bailed when they did the brand split and drafts. I've kept myself informed enough about what's been going on but I haven't been a regular watcher since then. If you don't like it, don't watch until you are going to like it. WWE could win me back but every time I try they fail.
    I know Robstar already touched on this but I just want to ask you some simple questions.
    1) Do you willingly buy WWE products?
    2) If you go to a movie and don't like the movie are you obligated to see it's sequel?
    if you answered no to the first question, your points invalid... and if you answered the second question no... why would that company feel obligated to give you a product that you will like, if you aren't obligated to buy it no matter what? It seems semi unfair to me. If you answered both to both questions I'm beyond shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Dennis, when did you get that job as the EWN spokesman?
    I thought a fellow member was upset about their thread being derailed and I thought that I'd tell them it was a pretty consistent thing... Which is true. When I first became a member I remember getting upset for the same reason and another member telling me it's no big deal and I moved on, as GG seems to have done. So drg! haha
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    You've just been robstarred!

Maybe being a shell of its former self isnt a bad thing. Theyre now signing on WRESTLERS. The roster is filled with indy darlings and more to come from nxt. Granted they might not get as much ring time as id like to see but the overall quality of matches, to me, has improved. They now let guys like daniel bryan amd cm punk tear the fucking house down in a match over the wwe title. Thats a very good thi g to be doing. Plus theyve been beefing up the tag attempting to do the same to the divas division and the future looks very bright and promising. Granted they dont always hit their intended target but to me it seems for every miss there are two hits beside it.

Side note: for the dude that said tnas booking is miles ahead of wwes... im a fan of both and... yeah i dont see it.

When exactly did this occur?

Perhaps I missed it, but the last time D-Bry was competing for the WWE title was in July 2012 at MITB with AJ Lee as the focal point of the match. I guess it's all about perspective because I have seen the stuff that D-Bry and Punk are capable of and here lately "tearing the fucking house down" isn't what I have been seeing. Punk vs. Cena @ RAW #1031 was when Punk was in a match that ripped the roof off, but the closest one to that before was also MITB '12. Maybe the fact that I enjoyed OTL more than MITB is swaying me on this, but since Punk has been featured in mostly tag team matches for the final 4 months of his title reign, mixed with the fact that D-Bry is showing an alternate side with his comedy is where I am missing out on how your bolded statement is factual.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    I'd just like to put it out there that I have not once taken issue with GG or her point of view in this thread. Despite what Dennis might say.

Blog Entries
    I'd just like to put it out there that I have not once taken issue with GG or her point of view in this thread. Despite what Dennis might say.
    I don't quite understand why you said this. I agreed with everything you said in this thread. GG is choosing to be on an online forum, I don't need to be her savior and protect her from anyone... If anything I did take issue with her saying that the product insults her intellect. But hey, we are adults here for the most part, and choose to be here... so I can't really force what I believe down her throat. I can only provide argumentation to support premises that I put forth.
    #BeJelly

What world do you live in? Do you believe that WWE should have these altruistic motives where they're in it for the betterment of mankind? So they can rest easy at night knowing they've put a smile on peoples faces? Give me a break! It's a business!!! They are hocking a product and they don't care if this group over here doesn't like it because they know there is another group ready and willing to part ways with fistfuls of dollars to buy what they're selling. The moment you think that just because you have shelled out a few bucks over the years to own WWE merchandise or watch their product that means you are entitled to anything, is the moment you have become just another mark with your hand out. And in the grand tradition of the carnival sideshow, those kinds of marks get taken for a ride until; they wise up and walk away. But some never do. And yet there are others who can see the nature of the game, they accept that it's all one big illusion but an entertaining one at that and they realise that the value of true entertainment is derived from allowing yourself to be taken on the ride, without feeling the need to have your hand out at the end with the idea that you should win some prize. The very idea that you think you deserve something for participating in a give and take transaction means you've missed the point of what is give and take. You pay your money - you get to watch the show. You get your shirt. You get your replica belt. You get your DVD. Because you paid your money. End of transaction. Now, if you choose to keep frequenting this business, then that choice is yours but don't expect the shopkeeper to come grovelling at your door for you to keep coming back, because plenty of others do and they don't need your business.

You're a consumer. Basically that means you are a mark; a sucker; a buyer. You're not owed anything. Get real.
    I keep telling you, intelligent well thought out rebuttals with salient points just don't wash here. Give us a mindless rant with plenty of BLOCK CAPITALS and a total disregard for the opinions of others and you've hit the mark.

Fack the wordiness.

(PS I told you it wouldn't be long before this 'story' garnered this response. + 10 points to me )

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    When exactly did this occur?

Perhaps I missed it, but the last time D-Bry was competing for the WWE title was in July 2012 at MITB with AJ Lee as the focal point of the match. I guess it's all about perspective because I have seen the stuff that D-Bry and Punk are capable of and here lately "tearing the fucking house down" isn't what I have been seeing. Punk vs. Cena @ RAW #1031 was when Punk was in a match that ripped the roof off, but the closest one to that before was also MITB '12. Maybe the fact that I enjoyed OTL more than MITB is swaying me on this, but since Punk has been featured in mostly tag team matches for the final 4 months of his title reign, mixed with the fact that D-Bry is showing an alternate side with his comedy is where I am missing out on how your bolded statement is factual.
    I guess you missed the other 2 ppvs where they went at it without aj as the ref. And when i said they let them go at it i was talking about them and guys like them in general. 10 years ago guys like punk amd bryan wouldnt have been in the main event picture let alone the champion. And now d-bry is a former whc and punk a former wwe/whc with a record breaking reign with the former. And yeah bryan is relegated to the comedy scene for the time being but he left the main event picture to help re establish the tag division with kane. He still puts on great performances and his segments are some of the most entertaining on the whole program. Plus i have no doubt that after team hell no, bryam will be back in the title picture.