Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Just a general question, how many years into that 10 years, did you start coming to wrestling boards and the like?
    Just last year. I didn't start this thread to be interrogated, this is about the subject. I'd appreciate if you'd comment on the subject and not derail my thread with questions that have nothing to do with it just because you don't agree with me or feel that if I stop watching one year my other 10 years are irrelevant.

    WWE Fantasy Fed
    Eve Torres
    Chyna
    ???
    ???


    RTE
    Eden Sky - First and only TWE Vixxen's Champion

    IWA

    Sugar & Spice

    JBW (Closed Fed)
    Athena
    - First female to become Intercontinental Champion
    Eden Sky - JBW Bombshell Champion

  2. #22
    I think Mr. "Fack the fed" has it spot on. I agree with him on this one.

    I don't think anything will stop me watching the WWE. It's my whole childhood right there.. It's the thing that no matter if I'm happy or sad I can watch and normally 9 times out of 10 I enjoy. So nothing changes for me personally as I will keep on watching.

    As for the idea of giving TNA a try. I'm not a big fan of TNA, I have tried to watch it a few times and I'm not going to bash them or anything, it's just not for me. I enjoy some of the matches because they have some good talented guys but I think my "loyalty" if I can use that word too the WWE will always stop me enjoying another wrestling company.

    EDIT: Just to clarify, ever since I was a boy.. I used to see the WWE as a team I would support (Hence the loyalty thing), I never watched ECW or WCW and me and my mates (Who supported/followed the other companies) Would share banter and brag about how Stone Cold could beat Goldberg or how this show was better then this show and so on.
    Last edited by THE HEARTBREAK KID; 03-21-2013 at 07:43 PM.

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  3. #23
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,510
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl View Post
    Just last year. I didn't start this thread to be interrogated, this is about the subject. I'd appreciate if you'd comment on the subject and not derail my thread with questions that have nothing to do with it just because you don't agree with me or feel that if I stop watching one year my other 10 years are irrelevant.
    GG, here is the thing. This is EWN... If you submit a thread like this, it's very likely to be derailed. Don't take it personally, it's just what happens here on EWN. I'm glad you put thought behind what you said in the OP, but the fact that when you post things in a thread, they will start up side conversations. You said that the current product that you don't watch insults your intellegence which I understand is your opinion, but be aware that on a website full of WWE fans and marks you are likely going to receive some backlash for such comments. I for one enjoy the current WWE product, I see nothing wrong with going for a pg rating. WWE sees that it can get people like me from childhood by having a pg rating, and we will keep watching the product even when we become adults if they still have semi vulgar jokes and push superstars like cm punk to the moon. I don't understand how this is an insult to anyones intellect, but I don't mind you furthering your point, because that's the point of debate, or in this case an argumentation.
    #BeJelly


  4. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,378
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks THBK!! FACK you very much!

    I don't see why there should be any problem with GG making this thread. Who knows, maybe discussion will lead to understanding and acceptance and she'll find her way back. But that's a bit hard when 'fans' start sidetracking the main issue. It's not productive really, is it?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    GG, here is the thing. This is EWN... If you submit a thread like this, it's very likely to be derailed. Don't take it personally, it's just what happens here on EWN. I'm glad you put thought behind what you said in the OP, but the fact that when you post things in a thread, they will start up side conversations. You said that the current product that you don't watch insults your intellegence which I understand is your opinion, but be aware that on a website full of WWE fans and marks you are likely going to receive some backlash for such comments. I for one enjoy the current WWE product, I see nothing wrong with going for a pg rating. WWE sees that it can get people like me from childhood by having a pg rating, and we will keep watching the product even when we become adults if they still have semi vulgar jokes and push superstars like cm punk to the moon. I don't understand how this is an insult to anyones intellect, but I don't mind you furthering your point, because that's the point of debate, or in this case an argumentation.
    I understand and I accept my comment about insulting my intelligence is probably absurd when it comes to fake wrestling lol. I'm not trying to say TNA is better than WWE not convince anyone not to watch WWE simply know there's all kinds of people who post comments here and some might say they'll stick with WWE and some might quit watching and others might give TNA a chance. Whatever choice people make should be what's right for them. I stopped watching because I just felt that things were getting a bit ridiculous for me and I'm also a fan of women's wrestling so WWE wasn't doing it for me.

    WWE Fantasy Fed
    Eve Torres
    Chyna
    ???
    ???


    RTE
    Eden Sky - First and only TWE Vixxen's Champion

    IWA

    Sugar & Spice

    JBW (Closed Fed)
    Athena
    - First female to become Intercontinental Champion
    Eden Sky - JBW Bombshell Champion

  6. #26
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,510
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl View Post
    I understand and I accept my comment about insulting my intelligence is probably absurd when it comes to fake wrestling lol. I'm not trying to say TNA is better than WWE not convince anyone not to watch WWE simply know there's all kinds of people who post comments here and some might say they'll stick with WWE and some might quit watching and others might give TNA a chance. Whatever choice people make should be what's right for them. I stopped watching because I just felt that things were getting a bit ridiculous for me and I'm also a fan of women's wrestling so WWE wasn't doing it for me.
    That's fair, WWE's womans division is still very weak and the divas title looks like a chunk of trash. I personally don't really care for divas wrestling, but if I was a fan of it, I could understand your likely choice to move over towards TNA. Though, I will say WWE has at least made an effort as of late to make the divas division better. The nxt divas all look good (as in wrestling ability) in action. I remember watching an nxt match between Paige and Alicia Fox and being amazed at what they were pulling off. Though I think a pg rating actually does the women a favor. Less sexuality for divas makes them come off as more of an equal. Trish stratus was a great competitor but most people don't remember her for that, they remember her for things outside of the ring. Divas like kaitlyn who are also attractive but in the pg era, are going to be more remembered for their in ring stuff because they are not overly sexualized.
    #BeJelly


  7. #27
    Even though many of us enjoyed the Attitude Era and even the pre-attitude era and ruthless aggression era for that matter a bit more then today's product I for one still find the current product enjoyable as there's something for everyone. Yeah some of the angles/promos they do they are ridiculous but it could be a lot worse. The later years of WCW are a prime example of that.

    As for giving TNA a chance, I have. I watch TNA on a weekly basis like many others. Just like WWE there's some good and some bad to their product.

    If a person doesn't find the product interesting that's all they have to do is stop watching, there's plenty of other programming on to choose from. If you don't find WWE/TNA enjoyable start looking up some of the programming from the indy scene up on the internet. You may find that more enjoyable then WWE/TNA.

  8. #28
    It's almost impossible to avoid commenting on some of these threads. Of course WWE owes us something! They owe us to put on a good show to keep us watching to keep us buying their crap and purchase their PPVs!! It's not like oh we did that for you so now forever and ever you must keep us happy. No! It's so we keep buying their stuff!!! As fans, if they don't hold up their end of the bargain we unfortunately have to stop watching and stop buying. If you keep watching and buying PPVs but bitch about everything that happens realize you are part of the problem.

    I loved WWE but I bailed when they did the brand split and drafts. I've kept myself informed enough about what's been going on but I haven't been a regular watcher since then. If you don't like it, don't watch until you are going to like it. WWE could win me back but every time I try they fail.

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,378
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123 View Post
    It's almost impossible to avoid commenting on some of these threads. Of course WWE owes us something! They owe us to put on a good show to keep us watching to keep us buying their crap and purchase their PPVs!! It's not like oh we did that for you so now forever and ever you must keep us happy. No! It's so we keep buying their stuff!!! As fans, if they don't hold up their end of the bargain we unfortunately have to stop watching and stop buying. If you keep watching and buying PPVs but bitch about everything that happens realize you are part of the problem.

    I loved WWE but I bailed when they did the brand split and drafts. I've kept myself informed enough about what's been going on but I haven't been a regular watcher since then. If you don't like it, don't watch until you are going to like it. WWE could win me back but every time I try they fail.
    What world do you live in? Do you believe that WWE should have these altruistic motives where they're in it for the betterment of mankind? So they can rest easy at night knowing they've put a smile on peoples faces? Give me a break! It's a business!!! They are hocking a product and they don't care if this group over here doesn't like it because they know there is another group ready and willing to part ways with fistfuls of dollars to buy what they're selling. The moment you think that just because you have shelled out a few bucks over the years to own WWE merchandise or watch their product that means you are entitled to anything, is the moment you have become just another mark with your hand out. And in the grand tradition of the carnival sideshow, those kinds of marks get taken for a ride until; they wise up and walk away. But some never do. And yet there are others who can see the nature of the game, they accept that it's all one big illusion but an entertaining one at that and they realise that the value of true entertainment is derived from allowing yourself to be taken on the ride, without feeling the need to have your hand out at the end with the idea that you should win some prize. The very idea that you think you deserve something for participating in a give and take transaction means you've missed the point of what is give and take. You pay your money - you get to watch the show. You get your shirt. You get your replica belt. You get your DVD. Because you paid your money. End of transaction. Now, if you choose to keep frequenting this business, then that choice is yours but don't expect the shopkeeper to come grovelling at your door for you to keep coming back, because plenty of others do and they don't need your business.

    You're a consumer. Basically that means you are a mark; a sucker; a buyer. You're not owed anything. Get real.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    GG, here is the thing. This is EWN... If you submit a thread like this, it's very likely to be derailed. Don't take it personally, it's just what happens here on EWN. I'm glad you put thought behind what you said in the OP, but the fact that when you post things in a thread, they will start up side conversations. You said that the current product that you don't watch insults your intellegence which I understand is your opinion, but be aware that on a website full of WWE fans and marks you are likely going to receive some backlash for such comments. I for one enjoy the current WWE product, I see nothing wrong with going for a pg rating. WWE sees that it can get people like me from childhood by having a pg rating, and we will keep watching the product even when we become adults if they still have semi vulgar jokes and push superstars like cm punk to the moon. I don't understand how this is an insult to anyones intellect, but I don't mind you furthering your point, because that's the point of debate, or in this case an argumentation.
    Dennis, when did you get that job as the EWN spokesman?


    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl View Post
    As many of you know by now the WWE has decided to focus their programming even further on children, which to us long time fans of the company feels like a slap in the face. The quality of the shows has been getting worse for years (fart jokes, lots of dancing, etc) and this move seems like the nail on the kid friendly coffin. I for one stopped watching the product last year and this move makes me feel like I made the right move. Does anyone feel more willing to give TNA a chance now, will you stay loyal to WWE anyway or are you done with wrestling?

    On point, I was more of a JCP, WCCW, and WCW kid growing up in the south. WWF had some characters but they weren't that impressive in the ring. That being said, I have always followed WWF/E since my family have been such die-hard wrestling enthusiasts and I can tell you that WWE has always been a more kid friendly product than most give it credit for. Think about the top 10 "gimmicks" pre-2000 and the majority stem from WWF history. Hell, WCW tried to capitalize on this same market by creating the Dungeon of Doom vs. Hogan battle. WWF has been very good about focusing their product to a younger generation and the only time in their history that they stepped away from this was during the Attitude Era. This wasn't a choice that VKM willingly made; he was forced into it because his company was losing its fan base. If not for Bischoff's direct approach of trying to bury the WWE, VKM (my assumption) would have continued on the path he was on and people would not have this notion that somehow the WWE programming is meant to be aimed at young adults.


    I am almost 30 years old and I haven't been a regular fan of WWE in about 5 years (I'd say after the VKM explosion/Benoit event/Guerrero death) but I can't say that they have a "bad" product; it just isn't geared to my taste. I have always been more about the in ring action and WWE has always been about the storylines, so naturally TNA was a proper fit from day 1. I have followed ever since and while they have a lot of work to do with storyline cohesion, they are much better in terms of having longer storylines that make more sense than what it was with Russo at the helm. However I am the type of fan who is more willing to be forgiving of things such as Bully Ray being a face because I see the end result of his heel turn, and so long as the in-ring action lives up to my expectations, I can deal with flaws in the storyline. That being said, if some find themselves critical of WWE for their storylines, TNA might not be the right choice as they "have" storylines, but their focus is based on the in ring.
    Last edited by Darkside Ron Garvin; 03-22-2013 at 01:51 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.